10 Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Tour
Head from one of the Southern Hemisphere’s most cosmopolitan cities to the remotest destination on the planet on this 10-Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Tour. You’ll spend three nights in gorgeous Buenos Aires, getting to visit the key destinations and of course enjoying a tango show before heading south to the dramatic landscapes of Tierra del Fuego, where you’ll board the luxury Ocean Nova ship for four days of unparalleled Antarctic adventure featuring icebergs, penguins, whales and sunlight galore.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
3 nights in Buenos Aires, 1 night in Ushuaia, 4 nights aboard the Ocean Nova Ship, 1 night in Punta Arenas
- Take a fascinating tour of the highlights of Buenos Aires, including San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta and Puerto Madero.
- Enjoy an evening at one of Buenos Aires’s best tango houses with all the dinner, music and dancing you could wish for.
- Sail along the Beagle Channel to Puerto Williams, Chile, the southernmost town in the world.
- Explore the rarely visited island of Cape Horn, drinking in the history and legend of this remote location.
- Cross the exhilarating waters of the famous Drake passage.
- Enjoy stunning scenery from the glass-enclosed lounge of your ship, taking in engaging lectures from expert guides en route to King George Island.
- Cross the Antarctic Convergence and look out for icebergs as you get your first views of the Antarctic landscape.
- Board a Zodiac boat to visit a penguin colony and explore well into the evening, bathed in endless Antarctic daylight.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Welcome to Buenos Aires. Your guide will take you to your hotel to settle in.
- Day 2 – Take a private half-day tour of Buenos Aires, exploring San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta, Puerto Madero, the city center and the main plaza.
- Day 3 – A free day to explore Buenos Aires at your leisure. Then visit one of the city’s best tango houses for an evening of dinner, music and dance.
- Day 4 – Fly to Ushuaia, the capital of Tierra del Fuego, to prepare for your Antarctica adventure.
- Day 5 – Board the Ocean Nova ship and sail along the Beagle Channel towards Puerto Williams, where you’ll stop before setting sail for Cape Horn.
- Day 6 – Wake up to a legendary view of Cape Horn, visit the island, then cross the Drake Passage towards Antarctica.
- Day 7 – Enjoy stunning scenery from the glass-enclosed lounge of your ship en route to King George Island.
- Day 8 – After crossing the Antarctic Convergence, you’ll start to see polar landscapes. Board the Zodiac boats to visit a penguin colony basking in endless daylight.
- Day 9 – Return to King George Island and board a flight to Punta Arenas, where you’ll stay overnight.
- Day 10 – Fly back to Santiago and connect to your international flight home.
Day 1 - Arrival in Buenos Aires
Welcome to Buenos Aires. Your SA Expeditions guide will meet you at the airport and escort to you to your hotel to settle in.
Day 2 – Private Half Day Buenos Aires City Tour
After breakfast you’ll head out on a Buenos Aires city tour to explore the districts of San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta and Puerto Madero, as well as the city center, and the main plaza. The tour will end in the Recoleta Cemetery – home to Evita Peron’s legendary mausoleum – where you’ll have the chance to stay and explore further on your own, or continue back to your hotel.
Day 3 - Free Day, Dinner & Tango Show
Today is a free day, giving you time to explore Buenos Aires at your leisure. The main districts in Buenos Aires are pedestrian friendly and the city’s subways are efficient and easy to use. In the evening, you will be collected from your hotel and taken to one of Buenos Aires’s best tango houses for an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music, and dancing.
Day 4 - Buenos Aires to Ushuaia
Today, you’ll fly to Ushuaia, the capital of Tierra del Fuego. Upon arrival you will be transferred to your comfortable hotel to relax in preparation for your Antarctica adventure!
Day 5 - Antarctica Adventure
In the morning you will board the Ocean Nova ship and sail along the Beagle Channel towards Puerto Williams, Chile, the southernmost town in the world. You’ll have some time to explore before setting sail for Cape Horn.
Day 6 - Antarctica Adventure
Wake up to a legendary view of Cape Horn and, if weather permits, you’ll board a Zodiac boat to set foot on this famous and rarely visited island. Next, you’ll set sail towards Antarctica and cross the famous passage named in honor of Sir Francis Drake, the great 16th century explorer.
Day 7 - Antarctica Adventure
En route to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands, you’ll enjoy stunning scenery from the glass-enclosed lounge of your ship and get a chance to learn a bit more about your destination while listening to engaging lectures by expert guides.
Day 8 - Antarctica Adventure
After crossing the Antarctic Convergence, you’ll begin to spot the first icebergs and Antarctic polar landscapes in the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. You’ll board the Zodiac boats to visit a penguin colony and explore well into the evening, taking advantage of the endless Antarctic daylight.
Day 9 - Antarctica Adventure
You’ll return to King George Island and board your flight back to Punta Arenas, where you will be transferred to your hotel for the evening.
Day 10 - Punta Arenas to Santiago
Today you’ll be transferred to the airport for your flight to Santiago and connection to your international flight home.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
10 Day Tour from $6,990 per person
- 5 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- 4 nights aboard an all-inclusive Antarctica cruise with nature excursions, transfers, and all meals included
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Antarctica)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Antarctica)
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
11 Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights in Punta Arenas, 5 nights aboard the Ocean Nova Ship
Head from Chile’s cosmopolitan capital to the remotest destination on Earth on this 11-Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour. Spend three nights in exciting Santiago visiting the key city sites and popular neighboring coastal towns before flying as far South as is commercially possible and boarding a luxury ship for your five-night Antarctic exploration. You’ll see polar wildlife, breath-taking scenery and exhilarating ocean views, with daily excursions onto the ice, on this incredible adventure. Because this tour flies in an out of King George Island, you’ll spend five full days navigating Antarctic waters.
7 Day Santiago to Easter Island Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 3 nights on Easter Island
This seven-day Santiago to Easter Island Tour takes you from the sophisticated capital to the mysterious islands, two of Chile’s most popular destinations. Enjoy modern-day city life interwoven with history in the capital, drink in the culture of Valparaiso, then head to Easter Island aka Rapa Nui in the Pacific Ocean for a chance to marvel at the Moai, the giant human forms carved from stone. A dip in the Pacific and a walk along the rim of a volcanic crater round off this fantastic opportunity to take in the cultural wonders of Chile and its islands.
7 Day Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 3 nights in San Pedro de Atacama
Experience the excitement of Chilean city life, then immerse yourself in the country’s natural wonders with this seven-day Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama Tour. You’ll explore Chile’s cosmopolitan capital, Santiago before enjoying a day in two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Vina del Mar. Then head to the bewitching desert landscapes of San Pedro de Atacama, where you will visit astonishing sights including the Moon Valley, the Altiplanic Lagoons, Los Flamencos National Reserve, the Atacama Salt Flats and the Tatio Geysers.
12 Day Southern Circuit Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights at a Torres del Paine Lodge, 3 nights in El Calafate, 3 nights in Buenos Aires
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of Santiago and Buenos Aires, the Chilean seaside towns of Valparaiso and Viña del Mar, taking in their key sites, and discover the wonders of the Patagonian wilderness. You will visit not one but two breath-taking glaciers, and tour both the Perito Moreno National Park and the Torres del Paine National Park to complete your Patagonian experience, before heading home.