10 Day Galapagos Island Hopping Tour
Experience the unique and abundant wildlife of the Galapagos Islands while staying in a variety of charming island lodges, giving you more flexibility and space to enjoy your stay. On this 10-day Galapagos Island Hopping Tour, you’ll explore the more remote corners of the region and visit a variety of islands, beaches and reserves, to view the abundant wildlife that the archipelago is famous for. And you’ll snorkel, walk, swim and relax in breathtaking scenery.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Get to know Quito on a city tour with a visit to the bohemian neighbourhood of Guapulo and the World Heritage city centre, and a trip to the Mitad del Mundo – the equator line.
- Stay in various charming lodges on the Galapagos to enjoy space and flexibility for the duration of your stay.
- Visit the giant tortoise breeding center to learn about conservation efforts.
- Relax on the white sand beach of Villamil at sunset.
- Explore the Sierra Negra Volcano on Isabela Island.
- Visit the National Park and Marine Reserve, stopping at Tintoreras to observe reef sharks, intertidal organisms, marine iguanas and Penguins.
- Visit the Wall of Tears, built by prisoners on the penal colony.
- Cruise aboard a yacht to North Seymour Island to a landscape of white sand, prickly pears and lava boulders, where you will see sea lions, fur seals, Blue-Footed Boobies and Frigate Birds.
- Explore the lush highlands of Santa Cruz Island, with stops at the Giant Tortoise Reserve and an organic coffee, sugar cane and cocoa bean farm.
- Cruise to Santa Fe Island to visit sea lions, land iguanas and Galapagos Hawks, then snorkel in the bay.
- Visit Tortuga Bay’s snow-white beach, see turtle nesting sites, and then snorkel in a secluded mangrove cove.
- Learn about the archipelago’s endemic species and conservation efforts at the Charles Darwin Research Center.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Arrive in Quito and spend the night in a comfortable hotel, relaxing at your leisure.
- Day 2 – Get to know Quito with a tour of the city and its surroundings, then visit the Mitad del Mundo – the equator line.
- Day 3 – Fly to the Galapagos Islands, settle into your hotel and visit wetland lagoons, the tortoise breeding center and Villamil beach.
- Day 4 – Explore Isabela Island and the Sierra Negra Volcano, then relax on Puerto Villamil Beach.
- Day 5 – Visit the National Park and the Marine Reserve, where you’ll see reef sharks, marine iguanas and Penguins. Then visit the Wall of Tears.
- Day 6 – Board the Sea Lion Yacht and cruise to North Seymour Island, where you’ll see abundant bird and animal life. Check into the Finch Bay Eco Hotel.
- Day 7 – Travel to the lush highlands of Santa Cruz Island, see giant tortoises, then visit an organic coffee, sugar and cocoa bean farm.
- Day 8 – Explore Santa Fe Island, with white sandy beaches and turquoise lagoons. Spot land iguanas and Galapagos Hawks.
- Day 9 – Visit Tortuga Bay and snorkel in a natural mangrove cove. Then visit the Charles Darwin Research Center.
- Day 10 – Return to mainland Ecuador and fly home.
Day 1 - Arrival in Ecuador
Welcome to Ecuador! Our representatives will greet you at the airport and take you to your hotel to settle in for an evening of relaxing.
Day 2 - Private Full Day Quito City & Equator Line Tour
Get to know Quito with a tour of the city and its surroundings. You’ll visit the bohemian neighborhood of Guápulo, characterized by its local artisans and cobblestone streets, before heading to the Mitad del Mundo, where the equator is marked. Straddling the line, you’ll be in two hemispheres at once! Conclude with a visit to the city center, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its multitude of historical buildings.
Day 3 - Arrival to Galapagos Islands
In the morning you’ll be transferred to the airport for your flight to the Galapagos. Upon arrival in Baltra, 600 miles from the mainland, you will connect to another flight direct to Isabela Island (you can leave extra luggage on Santa Cruz Island if you need to). Upon arrival, you will be met by your guide and transferred to Scalesia Lodge for lunch. Afterwards you will set out to visit the National Park, wetland lagoons, and the giant tortoise breeding center. Enjoy the evening at the white sand beach of Villamil before returning to the lodge for dinner.
Day 4 - Exploring the Galapagos Islands
Enjoy an early breakfast before setting out to explore Isabela Island and its most impressive site, the Sierra Negra Volcano. Walk along the rim of the world’s second largest caldera where you will see the impact of recent volcanic activity on the land. Lunch is served back at the lodge and then you can spend the afternoon relaxing at Puerto Villamil beach.
Day 5 - Exploring the Galapagos Islands
Today you will further explore the National Park and the Marine Reserve, each with their own unique features. After breakfast, we will head first to Tintoreras, a small group of islets only reachable by boat where you can observe reef sharks in their natural habitat, intertidal organisms, marine iguanas, and a colony of Galapagos penguins. After lunch back at the lodge, you will have the opportunity to explore the history of Isabela Island at the visitor site at the Wall of Tears, which was constructed by prisoners who were sent to the penal colony here.
Day 6 - Exploring the Galapagos Islands
After breakfast, you will take a short flight back to Baltra where you will board Sea Lion Yacht for a short cruise to North Seymour Island. At this unforgettable landscape of white sand, prickly pears and lava boulders, you will see Galapagos sea lions, fur seals, Blue-Footed Boobies and Frigate Birds. Lunch will be served aboard the yacht. Next up is a short cruise to Itabaca Channel, then a drive across the island to Puerto Ayora, and finally a brief dinghy ride to take you to Finch Bay Eco Hotel, set among the mangroves.
Day 7 - Exploring the Galapagos Islands
In the morning, travel into the lush highlands of Santa Cruz Island. Your first visit of the day is to Manzanillo, on the edge of the Giant Tortoise Reserve. Here you can see these famous creatures in their natural habitat, grazing on the surrounding vegetation or wallowing in mud pools and ponds. You will also see various species of endemic vegetation and birds. Take in the view over the island while you enjoy lunch, before visiting an organic farm where coffee, sugar cane and cocoa beans are grown, harvested and prepared in line with sustainable practices.
Day 8 - Exploring the Galapagos Islands
Board the yacht again this morning for your day-long exploration of Santa Fe Island. A small islet off the coast of Santa Cruz, this island boasts white sandy beaches and turquoise lagoons. You will land among a sea lion colony and take a hike through prickly pear cactus forests, spotting land iguanas and Galapagos hawks along the way. Your will also have time to snorkel in the clear waters of the bay, seeing a variety of tropical fish and other sea life.
Day 9 - Exploring the Galapagos Islands
After breakfast, we leave for Tortuga Bay to explore and understand more about the arid zone’s deciduous forest and its inhabitants. Walking along the long snow-white beach, you will pass a seasonal nesting site of green sea turtles and reach a secluded natural mangrove cove, with clear waters ideal for swimming and snorkeling. Spend the afternoon at the Charles Darwin Research Center, learning more about the archipelago’s endemic species and the conservation efforts in place to preserve this unique area.
Day 10 - Galapagos to Quito, International Departure
Enjoy your final breakfast on the islands before transferring to the Baltra Island airport for your flight to mainland Ecuador, where you’ll connect with your international flight home.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
10 Day Tour from $5,290 per person
- 9 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Small-group guided tours with an expert naturalist guide
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance in mainland Ecuador
- All meals in the Galapagos Islands (Except dinners at Finch Bay)
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
10 Day Galapagos Islands & Amazon Tour
2 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise, 3 nights in an Amazon jungle lodge
Explore not one but two natural paradises with this 10-day Galapagos Islands & Amazon Tour. Spend four nights on a captivating Galapagos cruise, learning about the geology, animals, birds and ocean life of these fascinating islands. Then head to the gorgeous Amazon jungle for three days of adventure as you seek out caimans, piranhas, jungle birds and even the elusive dusky titi monkey. You’ll stay and cruise in luxury, while being looked after by experienced guides who will cater to your every whim.
11 Day Galapagos & Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Guayaquil or Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise, 1 night in Lima, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
This 11-day Galapagos and Machu Picchu tour allows you to experience the two leading destinations of South America in one seamless and comfortable tour. Explore the wildlife-paradise of the Galapagos Islands in a private luxury boat, visiting natural and geographical wonders. Then immerse yourself in the incredible Incan heartland of Peru, visiting Cuzco, the Sacred Valley, and the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu citadel – the lost city of the Incas.
8 Day Galapagos Islands & Quito Tour
3 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise
Take in the cultural highlights of Quito, including a visit to the fantastic Otavalo Market, on this eight-day Quito to Galapagos Tour. Then head to the famous Galapagos Islands to spend four nights on a boat, cruising the natural and geological highlights of the archipelago. You’ll catch sight of land iguanas, walk among nesting Boobies and explore lava tunnels and crater-like sink holes, all in the care of experienced guides and crew.
11 Day Ecuador & Galapagos Islands Tour
3 nights in Quito, 2 nights in Cuenca, 1 night in Guayaquil, 4 nights on a Galapagos cruise
Get the most out of Ecuador with this 11-Day Ecuador and Galapagos Islands Tour. You’ll wander Quito’s nearby Otavalo Market to shop for Andean Handicrafts, explore Cuenca, Ecuador’s most beautiful colonial gem and journey through the Cajas National Park on your way to Guayaquil. Then on to the Galapagos Islands where you’ll embark on a sublime four-night Galapagos cruise, taking in abundant land, bird and sea wildlife and learning about the fascinating geology of the archipelago.