10 Day Galapagos Islands & Amazon Tour
Explore not one but two natural paradises with this 10-day Galapagos Islands & Amazon Tour. Spend four nights on a captivating Galapagos cruise, learning about the geology, animals, birds and ocean life of these fascinating islands. Then head to the gorgeous Amazon jungle for three days of adventure as you seek out caimans, piranhas, jungle birds and even the elusive dusky titi monkey. You’ll stay and cruise in luxury, while being looked after by experienced guides who will cater to your every whim.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Visit Dragon Hill to seek out the Galapagos Islands’ famous land iguanas.
- Visit Rabida, a small but animal-packed island and see sea lions, Pelicans, Flamingos and Finches.
- Learn about Galapagos geology on the tiny island of Sombrero Chino, covered with volcanic formations.
- Discover Genovesa island – often called Bird Island for its abundance of avian species, including Boobies, Red-Footed and Masked Boobies and Great Frigates, as well as sea lions.
- Enjoy breath-taking views of lunar-like caters, volcanic cones, lava fields and beaches of the Galapagos from Bartolome Island.
- Explore the still-active volcanic island of Santiago, one of the best places for seeing fur seals in the archipelago.
- Visit the lush forested highlands of Santa Cruz, where you will see lava tunnels and sink holes.
- Swim in the Amazon lake of Pilchicocha, home to many species of fish and animals.
- Visit two jungle viewing points to appreciate the animal and bird life, and learn to catch piranhas.
- Enjoy fascinating trails through the rainforest, where you will learn about plants, animals and the indigenous cultures that live there.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Welcome to Ecuador! Settle in and relax at your hotel to prepare for your flight to the Galapagos.
- Day 2 – Arrive on the Galapagos Islands, board your cruise, and visit Dragon Hill to observe the famous land iguanas.
- Day 3 – Visit the small but animal-packed island of Rabida, with its sea lions and bird life. Then visit volcanic Sombrero Chino.
- Day 4 – Discover Genovesa or Bird Island and visit its Boobie colonies, then on to Darwin Bay for sea lions, Red-Footed and Masked Boobies and Great Frigates.
- Day 5 – From an elevation of 400 feet on Bartolome Island, take in breathtaking views of the Galapagos, then observe fur seals on Santiago Island.
- Day 6 – Explore the forested highlands of Santa Cruz, visiting sink holes and lava tunnels. Fly back to Quito.
- Day 7 – Fly to Coca, transfer by motorized canoe to Sacha Lodge. Swim in Lake Pilchicocha, visit a butterfly house and take a night tour.
- Day 8 – Visit a viewing canopy to see a variety of birds. Walk in the jungle and learn about medicinal plants, then hike again after lunch.
- Day 9 – Hike the Lagartococha Trail and learn about the indigenous people. Fish for piranhas. Take a canoe ride to another viewing tower.
- Day 10 – Return to Quito and fly home.
Day 1 - Arrival in Ecuador
Welcome to Ecuador! One of our representatives will greet you and take you to your hotel to settle in. You’ll have the rest of the evening to spend at spend relaxing in preparation for your flight to the Galapagos the next day.
Day 2 – Arrival to Galapagos Islands
In the morning you’ll be transferred to the airport for your flight to the Galapagos where your island adventure will begin. Upon arrival in Baltra, 600 miles from the mainland, your guide will meet you and take you on a short bus ride to the harbor to board your cruise. After lunch, you will embark on an excursion to Dragon Hill to see its population of land iguanas.
Day 3 – Rabida and Chinese Hat Islands
With its unique red sand and rocks, Rábida is a small but animal-packed island. Along the shore you can find sea lions and nesting Pelicans. A short inland trail takes you to a saltwater lagoon where you’re likely to see Flamingos and Finches. In the afternoon, you’ll learn about Galapagos geology on the tiny island of Sombrero Chino, covered with volcanic formations.
Day 4 – Genovesa Island
Discover Genovesa Island, often called Bird Island for its abundance of avian species. In the morning you’ll ascend Prince Philip’s Steps, a rocky inclined path surrounded by boobie colonies. Spend the afternoon at Darwin Bay among Galapagos sea lions, red-footed and masked boobies, and great frigates.
Day 5 – Bartolome and Santiago Islands
Enjoy a morning at Bartolome Island. From here, at an elevation of almost 400 feet, you will have breathtaking views of the lunar-like craters, volcanic cones, lava fields, and beaches of the Galapagos Islands. In the afternoon you will explore the still active volcanic island of Santiago, one of the best places for observing fur seals in the Galapagos.
Day 6 – Galapagos to Quito
During your last day in the Galapagos you’ll explore the highlands of Santa Cruz where the scenery changes dramatically to lush forest. You will have the opportunity to explore a lava tunnel and see enormous crater-like sink holes. Your cruise ends with a transfer to the airport for your flight to Quito. Upon arrival you will be transferred to your comfortable hotel for a relaxing evening.
Day 7 – Quito to Amazon
In the morning you will be transferred to the airport for a 30-minute flight to Coca where your Amazon guide will meet you. You’ll then take a two-hour journey in a motorized canoe to the Sacha lodge to begin your Amazon adventure. You will enjoy the afternoon swimming in Lake Pilchicocha, a black water lake, home to many species of fish and animals. You will also have the opportunity to visit the butterfly house with your guide before settling in for a delicious buffet dinner. After dinner, accompany your guide on a night walk or canoe ride in search of black caimans.
Day 8 – Exploring the Jungle
Rise early in the morning to take a stunning walk to a 36-meter high viewpoint in the rainforest canopy to observe a variety of birds. Afterwards, walk along a forest trail and learn about a variety of medicinal plants that have been used by indigenous cultures for hundreds of years. After lunch, choose between a leisurely hike along the Rio Napo or a more challenging hike on the Leoncillo trail to try to spot the elusive dusky titi monkey.
Day 9 – Exploring the Jungle
Begin your day with a hike along the Lagartococha trail for a chance to learn more about the native Amazon people and their relationship with the jungle. You will take a canoe ride through a natural swamp, home to anacondas, caimans, and capybaras. Then walk on the other side of Largatococha to spot capuchin or squirrel monkeys. After lunch, your guide will teach you how to fish for infamous razor-toothed piranhas. You will then take a silent canoe ride to enjoy a symphony of jungle sounds and visit a tower built in an ancient Kapok tree for views of vibrantly colored birds and Mount Sumaco volcano.
Day 10 – International Departure
In the morning, enjoy one last walk through the jungle to board the motorized canoe back to Coca. There, you will board your flight to Quito and connect to your international departure.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
8 Day Tour from $5,490 per person
- 2 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver in Quito
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance in Quito
- 3 nights at an all-inclusive Amazon lodge with small-group excursions and transfers, and all meals included
- 4 nights aboard a Galapagos cruise
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Naturalist guide and crew support
- Daily excursions to the Galapagos Islands
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
11 Day Galapagos & Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Guayaquil or Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise, 1 night in Lima, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
This 11-day Galapagos and Machu Picchu tour allows you to experience the two leading destinations of South America in one seamless and comfortable tour. Explore the wildlife-paradise of the Galapagos Islands in a private luxury boat, visiting natural and geographical wonders. Then immerse yourself in the incredible Incan heartland of Peru, visiting Cuzco, the Sacred Valley, and the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu citadel – the lost city of the Incas.
10 Day Galapagos Island Hopping Tour
1 night in Quito/Guayaquil, 8 nights on Galapagos Islands
Experience the unique and abundant wildlife of the Galapagos Islands while staying in a variety of charming island lodges, giving you more flexibility and space to enjoy your stay. On this 10-day Galapagos Island Hopping Tour, you’ll explore the more remote corners of the region and visit a variety of islands, beaches and reserves, to view the abundant wildlife that the archipelago is famous for. And you’ll snorkel, walk, swim and relax in breathtaking scenery.
8 Day Galapagos Islands & Quito Tour
3 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise
Take in the cultural highlights of Quito, including a visit to the fantastic Otavalo Market, on this eight-day Quito to Galapagos Tour. Then head to the famous Galapagos Islands to spend four nights on a boat, cruising the natural and geological highlights of the archipelago. You’ll catch sight of land iguanas, walk among nesting Boobies and explore lava tunnels and crater-like sink holes, all in the care of experienced guides and crew.
11 Day Ecuador & Galapagos Islands Tour
3 nights in Quito, 2 nights in Cuenca, 1 night in Guayaquil, 4 nights on a Galapagos cruise
Get the most out of Ecuador with this 11-Day Ecuador and Galapagos Islands Tour. You’ll wander Quito’s nearby Otavalo Market to shop for Andean Handicrafts, explore Cuenca, Ecuador’s most beautiful colonial gem and journey through the Cajas National Park on your way to Guayaquil. Then on to the Galapagos Islands where you’ll embark on a sublime four-night Galapagos cruise, taking in abundant land, bird and sea wildlife and learning about the fascinating geology of the archipelago.