10 Day Galapagos Islands Legend Cruise Tour
Enjoy a smooth ride to the furthest corners of the Galapagos Islands on the Legend, a 100-person vessel perfect for large groups and families. Some 600 miles from mainland, enjoy a ride so steady that you can rest up each night for days full of adventure. Whether your time is spent kayaking, snorkeling or hiking, each serves as an opportunity to tour the area’s natural array of flora and fauna, including the famed giant tortoise. This Galapagos cruise is the ideal length of time and most efficient way to immerse yourself in the natural diversity of these Pacific Islands.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Get familiar with various programs initiated by the Islands to protect giant tortoises, and socialize with the native reptiles too
- Walk and hike along volcanic tuffs and cones, evidence of the volcanic origins of the Galapagos
- Snorkel and swim next to marine life, both friendly and those slightly more daunting (hello, White tipped shark)
- Witness crashing waves funnel through a lava tube to create an impressive 23 meter blowhole at Punta Suarez
- Stretch your legs both on and off board as the spacious Legend offers plenty of common rooms and even an area for children to play
- Admire the uniquely colorful beaches at Pitt Point, Cormorant Point and Ballena Bay, all sparkling green due to olivine crystals
- Get your heart pumping with a hike up the natural viewpoint, Tijeretas Hill. Located on the San Cristobal Island, this is not the time to forget your camera.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 - International arrival to Quito, Ecuador and check-in to hotel in historical or metropolitan district, according to your preference
- Day 2 - Full day city tour of Ecuador’s capital, a vibrant blend of metropolitan and traditional culture
- Day 3 - Fly to the Galapagos Islands and begin cruise with a stop at Bartolome Island for a walk and chance to snorkel
- Day 4 - Spot various species of iguanas at Plazas Islands, then walk near large nesting colonies of boobies at North Seymour
- Day 5 - Take in incredible views of Pitt Point from the top of a volcanic tuff, followed by a relaxing afternoon upon the white sand beaches of Cerro Brujo
- Day 6 - Peruse the protection center for giant tortoises at Cerro Colorado before an intermediate hike up Tijeritas Hill
- Day 7 - Swim, snorkel or kayak at Gardner Bay, then spend an afternoon gazing upon native iguanas, birds and colorful crabs
- Day 8 - A morning stop at Post Office Bay is followed by Cormorant Bay, one of the best flamingo lagoons in all of the Galapagos
- Day 9 - No visit to the Galapagos would be complete without a stop at the Charles Darwin Research Station and socializing with the giant tortoises
- Day 10 - Snorkel with the colorful fish at Carrion Point before returning to Quito, Ecuador
Day 1 - Welcome to Quito!
When you arrive to Ecuador’s capital you’ll likely be anxious for your adventure to begin, but also exhausted from a long international flight. An SA Expeditions representative will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel. You can choose to stay in the historic center or in a modern district for the following two nights.
Day 2 - Full day city tour
The Andes Mountains sit backdrop to Quito’s vibrant blend of traditional culture and metropolitan lifestyle. Dedicate today to walking the streets, both bustling and charmingly quaint, before setting out to sea tomorrow. Picturesque plazas and culinary offerings are going to make you want to come back for more after the cruise.
Day 3 - Cruise the Galapagos
Six hundred miles from the mainland, our adventure to the Galapagos Islands begins! After boarding the Legend, a stable and sociable vessel, we’ll discover the captivating landscape of Bartolome Island, which has volcanic cones resembling the moon. An intermediate walk to the summit will bring you to meet blue-footed boobies and marine iguanas, and will also provide an impressive view of the snorkeling opportunities to follow.
Day 4 - South Plaza and North Seymour
We’ll start our day at the east end of Santa Cruz, upon Plazas Island. Home to numerous species of iguanas, you’ll be able to compare them later on in the day to the land iguanas that inhabit North Seymour. Formed by a series of underwater volcanic eruptions, this island is not far from Santa Cruz but has a wildly diverse set of fauna to observe.
Day 5 - Green and white beaches
A stop at Pitt Point will ensure your day is full of color. Olivine crystals give the sandy beaches a hue of green as you’ll note on your rocky hike to various viewpoints. Be sure to check out the colony of sea lions once you make it to the top of the volcanic tuff. In the afternoon you can catch up on your sunbathing on the white sand beaches of Cerro Brujo.
Day 6 - Giant tortoises on San Cristobal Island
No Galapagos cruise would be complete without a viewing of giant tortoises! Built to improve the island’s long-standing tortoise population, the admirable Cerro Colorado tortoise protection center is an eye-opener for visitors. Afterwards we’ll head to the western side of San Cristobal Island for a bit of history and natural facts at the Interpretation Center. Reflect on all the cultural visits as you hike up Tijeretas Hill, located at the foot of a frigate bird nesting colony.
Day 7 - Española Island
Walking the white sand shores of Gardner Bay you’ll be able to spot numerous bird and lizard species. This area is also prime for water activities such as snorkeling, swimming and kayaking. And if you prefer the ocean itself to do all the work, the powerful 23 m (75 ft) blowhole of Punta Suarez is sure to impress. This is where we’ll spend the afternoon, and in good company as sea lions, seabirds and crabs are just a few of the native fauna inhabiting the island.
Day 8 - Tradition lives on at Post Office Bay and colorful Cormorant Point
Taking the term snail mail to a whole new level, Post Office Bay gets its name from a late 18th century tradition of the island’s informal post office for sailors: a wooden barrel. Today, visitors can still drop off unstamped mail in hopes that a fellow traveler lives near the receiver and can help make the delivery. Later on in the day, Cormorant Point will also prove itself unique. The shore is covered in green tinted sand thanks to the presence of olivine crystals.
Day 9 - Charles Darwin Research Station
Our morning starts off with a visit to see the Galapagos’ most popular reptile, the giant tortoises. Breeding programs ensure the animal’s legacy, and environmental education programs for the community instill sustainability. Afterwards, the Highlands Tortoise Reserve, also on the Santa Cruz Island, will provide more tortoise-spotting opportunities. Bird enthusiasts will have plenty to be excited about as well. Our day ends on a green note again as Ballena Bay proves itself a lovely, olivine-laden beach with snorkeling opportunities.
Day 10 - Snorkel at Carrion Point, return to mainland
Strap on your snorkeling gear for a chance to swim with colorful fish, stingrays, and maybe even the White tipped shark at Carrion Point. This will be our last stop before we catch a returning flight from the Galapagos Islands to Quito, Ecuador.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
10 Day Tour from $6,690 per person
- 2 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Galapagos Cruise)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Galapagos Cruise)
- 7 nights aboard a Galapagos cruise
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Naturalist guide and crew support
- Daily excursions to the Galapagos Islands
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
7 Day Galapagos Islands Santa Cruz Cruise Tour
2 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise
Some of the most volcanically active Galapagos Islands can be viewed on this modern and luxurious seven-day trip aboard the sophisticated Santa Cruz II vessel. The boat’s numerous areas for socializing and activities can nearly compete with the varied landscapes lush with flora and fauna that have evolved upon this archipelago. A tour complete with snorkeling, beach walks and cultural tours prove that these islands are so much more than just giant tortoises - though we’ll see plenty of those, too!
7 Day Galapagos Islands Isabella II Cruise Tour
2 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise
Immerse into this seven-day tour along the Galapagos Archipelago, an ample opportunity to have an intimate encounter with breathtaking landscapes, pristine waters and unique species. On board the 40-guest luxurious cruise Isabella II Yacht, you’ll breeze into the impressive and natural scenario of remote islands and enjoy an exceptional wildlife experience. Scouting the island sites in groups that average no more than 14 guests per naturalist guide makes this Galapagos trip an incomparable adventure.
6 Day Galapagos Islands Ocean Spray Cruise Tour
2 nights in Quito, 3 nights on Galapagos cruise
In less than one week, this Galapagos tour gives you an efficient and up close look at the diverse wildlife that the archipelago is famous for. You and fifteen other passengers will cruise hundreds of miles from Ecuador’s Pacific coast to visit the remote islands surrounded by clear, inviting waters and home to unique flora and fauna. Navigated by the smooth-riding Ocean Spray catamaran, this is a trip rich in nature as well as modern comfort.
7 Day Galapagos Islands Cormorant Cruise Tour
2 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise
Spend seven magical days cruising the Galapagos Islands aboard the luxurious Cormorant. Relax in the on-deck jacuzzi or enjoy the ample sun deck while exploring the scenic islands teeming with natural wonder. A dedicated crew aboard will make sure you have the best Galapagos experience. Hike across marvelous landscapes and snorkel crystal waters that house thousands of fish, sea turtles and sea lions. A seven day voyage that will let you connect with the wonders of nature and discover the singular beauty of secluded scenarios awaits.