10 Day Santiago to Buenos Aires Wine Tour
Experience Chile’s cosmopolitan capital of Santiago before continuing to Chile’s most popular coastal city Valparaiso at the start of this 10-day Santiago to Buenos Aires Wine Tour. You’ll then cross the Andes Mountains to Mendoza, where you’ll spend two days exploring the heart of the Argentinian winelands, with wine tastings and delicious lunches along the way. You’ll conclude your South American adventure in Buenos Aires, where you’ll enjoy city tours and free time to explore, and round it all off with an unforgettable tango show.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Stay in comfort and luxury in the care of experienced guides at all three of your South American destinations.
- Enjoy a Santiago city tour, with visits to the Plaza de Armas, the main Cathedral and the Presidential Palace.
- Visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Spend some time at the summer house and now museum of Pablo Neruda, one of Chile’s most prolific poets.
- Enjoy a full-day tour of the Agrelo Valley near Mendoza, with stops at three wineries, including Bodega Catena Zapata, Finca Decero Winery and the traditional Benegas Winery.
- Go off the beaten path into the Uco Valley and visit three bodegas for tastings: Bodega Salentein, Andeluna Cellars and the Atamisque Winery and Trout Farm.
- Enjoy a fascinating city tour of Buenos Aires, taking in the famous sites of San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta and Puerto Madero.
- Discover Buenos Aires on your own with a free full-day to explore the city.
- Experience an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music and tango at your choice of an intimate show or a large Broadway-style production.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Welcome to Santiago. One of our representatives will meet you and transfer you to your hotel to settle in.
- Day 2 – Enjoy a city tour of Santiago, with visits to the city center, the Plaza de Armas, the main Cathedral and the Presidential Palace.
- Day 3 – Visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Day 4 – Transfer to Mendoza, heart of the Argentinian winelands, and settle into your hotel.
- Day 5 – Take a full-day city tour of the Agrelo valley, with stops at three wineries where you’ll enjoy pairings and learn about the production process.
- Day 6 – Explore the Uco Valley, with stops at three bodegas for tastings and a five-course lunch paired with delectable wines.
- Day 7 – Transfer to the airport for your flight to Buenos Aires where you’ll settle in and enjoy an evening at leisure.
- Day 8 – Discover Buenos Aires on a guided city tour with stops at San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta, Puerto Madero and the main plaza.
- Day 9 – The day is yours to explore Buenos Aires at your leisure. Then you’ll experience an authentic Porteño evening of dinner and tango.
- Day 10 – Transfer to the airport for your international departure.
Day 1 – Welcome to Santiago
Welcome to Santiago. When you arrive, one of our representatives will meet you and transfer you to your hotel to settle in.
Day 2 – Private Half Day Santiago City Tour
This morning, after breakfast at your hotel you’ll enjoy a tour of Santiago. In the course of the day, you’ll visit the city’s historic center where you’ll find the Plaza de Armas, the main Cathedral, and the Presidential Palace. You will also have the chance to view the city from the top of Cerro San Cristobal.
Day 3 – Private Full Day Valparaiso & Viña del Mar Tour
Today you’ll visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar. Valparaiso is a vibrant, colorful collection of hillside houses overlooking the bay. Here you’ll visit the summer house and now museum of Pablo Neruda, one of Chile’s most prolific poets. You’ll then continue to the tranquil Viña del Mar, a popular beachside retreat for the Santiago elite.
Day 4 – Santiago to Mendoza
In the morning, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Mendoza (via Buenos Aires). On arrival, you’ll be transferred to your hotel where you’ll settle in for the next few days.
Day 5 – Classic Agrelo Winery Tour
Today you’ll enjoy a full-day tour of the Agrelo valley, where some of Argentina’s leading wines were born. On your tour, you’ll explore three wineries where you’ll enjoy pairings and learn all about the production process and history: Bodega Catena Zapata, Finca Decero Winery (where you’ll feast on a gourmet lunch), and the traditional Benegas Winery.
Day 6 – Valle de Uco Classic Winery Tour
Off the beaten path, the Uco Valley is named after a Huarpe chief who ruled the area when the Spanish arrived in 1551. The area is still underdeveloped, but top wineries have found optimal soil to grow their high-quality grapes and are constructing monumental architectural wine temples in tribute to this magical land. During your tour, you’ll visit three bodegas for tastings: Bodega Salentein, Andeluna Cellars, and the Atamisque Winery & Trout Farm, where you’ll enjoy a delicious 5-course lunch paired with delectable wines.
Day 7 – Mendoza to Buenos Aires
In the early afternoon, you’ll be transferred back to the Mendoza airport for your flight to Buenos Aires. On arrival, you’ll be transferred to your hotel for an evening at leisure.
Day 8 – Private Half Day Buenos Aires City Tour
After breakfast you'll head out on a Buenos Aires city tour during which you'll explore the districts of San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta, Puerto Madero, the city center, and the main plaza. The tour will end in the Recoleta Cemetery where you can stay explore on your own or continue back to the hotel.
Day 9 – Free Day with Dinner & Tango
Today is yours to explore Buenos Aires at your leisure. To explore the city’s fantastic art galleries, shop for antiques in San Telmo, or even take a boat cruise through the spectacularly wild Tigre Delta. The main districts in Buenos Aires are pedestrian friendly and the city's subways are efficient and easy to use. In the evening, you will be collected from your hotel and taken to one of Buenos Aires's best tango houses for an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music, and dancing. Choose either a small, intimate show or a large, Broadway-style production.
Day 10 – Departure from Buenos Aires
At your convenience, you’ll be transferred to the airport for your international departure.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
10 Day Tour from $3,490 per person
- 9 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Easter Island)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Easter Island)
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
7 Day Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 3 nights in San Pedro de Atacama
Experience the excitement of Chilean city life, then immerse yourself in the country’s natural wonders with this seven-day Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama Tour. You’ll explore Chile’s cosmopolitan capital, Santiago before enjoying a day in two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Vina del Mar. Then head to the bewitching desert landscapes of San Pedro de Atacama, where you will visit astonishing sights including the Moon Valley, the Altiplanic Lagoons, Los Flamencos National Reserve, the Atacama Salt Flats and the Tatio Geysers.
7 Day Santiago to Easter Island Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 3 nights on Easter Island
This seven-day Santiago to Easter Island Tour takes you from the sophisticated capital to the mysterious islands, two of Chile’s most popular destinations. Enjoy modern-day city life interwoven with history in the capital, drink in the culture of Valparaiso, then head to Easter Island aka Rapa Nui in the Pacific Ocean for a chance to marvel at the Moai, the giant human forms carved from stone. A dip in the Pacific and a walk along the rim of a volcanic crater round off this fantastic opportunity to take in the cultural wonders of Chile and its islands.
10 Day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama Tour
1 nights in La Paz, 2 nights in an Airstream Camper on Salt Flats, 3 nights in San Pedro de Atacama, 3 nights in Santiago
If breath-taking, arid expanses excite you then this 10-day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama tour is just the ticket. You will tour the expansive and otherworldly Uyuni Flats in Bolivia in a fully serviced luxury Airstream camper with private staff, then head South to the Atacama Desert, to explore thermal springs and Moon-like landscapes. Finally, you’ll spend three nights in Santiago, the Chilean capital, taking in the sophisticated delights of this cosmopolitan city and its surroundings.
12 Day Southern Circuit Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights at a Torres del Paine Lodge, 3 nights in El Calafate, 3 nights in Buenos Aires
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of Santiago and Buenos Aires, the Chilean seaside towns of Valparaiso and Viña del Mar, taking in their key sites, and discover the wonders of the Patagonian wilderness. You will visit not one but two breath-taking glaciers, and tour both the Perito Moreno National Park and the Torres del Paine National Park to complete your Patagonian experience, before heading home.