10 Day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama Tour
If breath-taking, arid expanses excite you then this 10-day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama tour is just the ticket. You will tour the expansive and otherworldly Uyuni Flats in Bolivia in a fully serviced luxury Airstream camper with private staff, then head South to the Atacama Desert, to explore thermal springs and Moon-like landscapes. Finally, you’ll spend three nights in Santiago, the Chilean capital, taking in the sophisticated delights of this cosmopolitan city and its surroundings.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Spend a day acclimatizing to the altitude in La Paz before embarking on your Uyuni adventure.
- Journey through the alien landscape of the Uyuni Salt Flats in the style and comfort of a luxury Airstream camper, with a private staff and guide to take care of your every need.
- Visit the ghost mining town of Pulacayo and marvel at the riches and despair of Bolivia’s industrial history.
- Have fun taking mind-bending photos against the surreal backdrop of the salt flats, Nature’s answer to the blue screen.
- Enjoy a 4x4 ride to the burial chambers of the Aymara culture of centuries past and visit one of the islands that rise above the salt flats.
- Take a tour to the Salar de Atacama, the largest salt field in Chile.
- See three types of Flamingo at Chaxa Lagoon in the National Flamingo Reserve.
- Float effortlessly in the extremely salty water of the Laguna Cejar.
- Visit the Tatio Geysers, and watch huge steam columns rising nearly 40 feet into the cool morning air. Take a dip if you’re up for it.
- Take another opportunity for a swim in the scenic warm-water pools of the Puritama hot springs.
- Get to know Santiago’s main attractions, including the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral and the Presidential Palace, on a guided half-day tour of the city.
- Visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Your guide will take you to your La Paz hotel to acclimatize and recharge. Time allowing, you can take a tour of the highest capital city in the world.
- Day 2 – Transfer to town of Uyuni. Visit the ghost mining town of Pulacayo. Journey to the Salt Flats to meet your personal staff and board your Airstream camper.
- Day 3 – Navigate to the Tunupa Volcano. Travel by 4x4 to the burial chambers of the Aymara mummies. Visit an island that rises above the flats.
- Day 4 – Cross over the Chilean border and drive through the Atacama Desert, passing the Laguna Colorada and Laguna Verde.
- Day 5 – Head to the Salar de Atacama salt field. See three types of Flamingos at Chaxa Lagoon. Float in the saltwater Laguna Cejar.
- Day 6 – An early start to the Tatio Geysers, where you will enjoy a picnic breakfast. In the afternoon, visit the Puritama hot springs.
- Day 7 – Transfer to the Calama airport for your connecting flight to Santiago.
- Day 8 – Enjoy a half-day tour of Santiago, visiting the city center, the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral and the Presidential Palace.
- Day 9 – Visit two of Chile’s most popular coastal cities – colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Day 10 – Depart Santiago. Depending on when you fly, there may be time for some sightseeing, a spot of shopping, or a meal.
Day 1 – Arrival in La Paz Bolivia
Welcome to Bolivia! After gathering your luggage, you will be met by your private guide and escorted to your hotel to acclimatize and recharge after your flight.
Day 2 – La Paz to Uyuni Salt Flats
In the morning you will be transferred to the La Paz Airport for your flight to the town of Uyuni. Upon arrival in Uyuni, you will depart with your private guide and driver for the ghost mining town of Pulacayo to step into a world of where you will come to understand the riches and despair of Bolivia's industrial history. Then journey on to the Salt Flats to meet the personal staff of your Airstream camper(s), and enjoy a prepared lunch. The late afternoon and evening will be spent exploring the flats, relaxing, snapping photos and taking in the majesty of this incredible place.
Day 3 – Private Uyuni Salt Flats Tour
After a hearty breakfast, navigate across the flats to the nearby Tunupa volcano. Here, you will depart on a 4x4 experience to a set of caves that serve as a burial chamber for mummies of the local Aymara culture of centuries past. Following lunch prepared by your personal staff, you will visit one of the cactus-covered islands that rise above the salt flats. The evening is spent enjoying the sunset and a wonderful dinner.
Day 4 – Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama
After a hearty breakfast, you will set off south, crossing over the Chilean border and through the vast salt lands to the Atacama Desert, where you’ll spend the next few days exploring. En route, you’ll pass the Laguna Colorada and Laguna Verde. (Note that you will exchange vehicles at the Bolivia-Chile border and will be transferred the rest of the way by your driver only.) Settle in to your lodgings in San Pedro and enjoy a nice dinner.
Day 5 – San Pedro de Atacama
Today you will head out to the Salar de Atacama, the largest salt field in Chile. This rough, white bed of salt and minerals lies on top of an enormous underground lake. At Chaxa Lagoon, the National Flamingo Reserve, you’ll see three types of Flamingos, the James, the Andean and the Chilean. In the afternoon, you have the option of taking a visit to the Laguna Cejar, where you can relax in the water, floating effortlessly due to its large concentration of salt.
Day 6 – San Pedro de Atacama
Wake up before dawn to be driven to above 14,000 feet to visit the Tatio Geysers, a geothermal field created by nearby volcanoes. In the cool morning air, you will see huge steam columns rising to heights of nearly 40 feet. Brave visitors can take a dip but keep in mind that it’s around 17 degrees Fahrenheit outside. After your excursion, breakfast is served picnic style. On the way back, you will stop at a small village and likely observe vicuñas, vizcachas and a variety of birds. In the afternoon, head to the Puritama hot springs for a relaxing dip in these scenic warm water pools.
Day 7 – San Pedro de Atacama to Santiago
In the morning, you will be transferred to the Calama airport for your flight to Santiago. Upon arrival, you will be greeted and transferred to your hotel to settle in and perhaps explore the city a little.
Day 8 – Private Half Day Santiago City Tour
This morning, after breakfast at your hotel you’ll enjoy a tour of Santiago. You’ll visit the city’s historic center where you’ll find the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral, and the Presidential Palace. You will also have the chance to view the city from the top of Cerro San Cristobal. The afternoon is yours to enjoy at your leisure.
Day 9 – Private Full Day Valparaiso & Viña del Mar Tour
Today you’ll visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar. Valparaiso is a vibrant, colorful collection of hillside houses overlooking the bay. Here you’ll visit the quirky summer house and now museum of Pablo Neruda, one of Chile’s most prolific poets. You’ll then continue to the tranquil Viña del Mar, a popular oceanside retreat for the Santiago elite.
Day 10 – Santiago Departure
At your convenience, you’ll be transferred to the airport for your international departure. Depending on when you fly you may have one last chance to enjoy Chile’s suave capital.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
10 Day Tour from $6,590 per person
- 4 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- 2 nights in fully-serviced luxury Airstream Campers with exclusive access to sleep in remote areas of the Uyuni Salt Flats with your own personal chef
- 3 nights at an all-inclusive Atacama Chile lodge with small-group excursions and transfers, and all meals included
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Atacama Chile)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Atacama Chile)
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
11 Day Uyuni and Andes Tour
2 nights in La Paz, 2 nights on the Uyuni Salt Flats, 2 nights in Lake Titicaca, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
Experience the best of the Andean highlands on this 11-day Uyuni and Andes Tour, travelling from Bolivia’s capital La Paz to the otherworldly Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia, then on to the beautiful Islands of Lake Titicaca in Peru. The expedition culminates with a trip to the awe-inspiring ruins at Machu Picchu, and a tour of the Sacred Valley, the spiritual and agricultural epicenter of the Incan Empire.
7 Day Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 3 nights in San Pedro de Atacama
Experience the excitement of Chilean city life, then immerse yourself in the country’s natural wonders with this seven-day Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama Tour. You’ll explore Chile’s cosmopolitan capital, Santiago before enjoying a day in two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Vina del Mar. Then head to the bewitching desert landscapes of San Pedro de Atacama, where you will visit astonishing sights including the Moon Valley, the Altiplanic Lagoons, Los Flamencos National Reserve, the Atacama Salt Flats and the Tatio Geysers.
7 Day Santiago to Easter Island Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 3 nights on Easter Island
This seven-day Santiago to Easter Island Tour takes you from the sophisticated capital to the mysterious islands, two of Chile’s most popular destinations. Enjoy modern-day city life interwoven with history in the capital, drink in the culture of Valparaiso, then head to Easter Island aka Rapa Nui in the Pacific Ocean for a chance to marvel at the Moai, the giant human forms carved from stone. A dip in the Pacific and a walk along the rim of a volcanic crater round off this fantastic opportunity to take in the cultural wonders of Chile and its islands.
8 Day Uyuni to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in La Paz, 2 nights on the Uyuni Salt Flats, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
Combine the otherworldly landscapes of the Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia with a visit to Peru’s Sacred Valley that culminates in a visit to magical Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas. On this eight-day Uyuni to Machu Picchu tour, you will journey through the mind-bending salt flats in a luxury private 4x4 vehicle and sleep in a fully serviced luxury Airstream Camper. After visiting Cuzco, the old Inca capital you will venture into the heartland of the Incas where you will be treated to private tours of the key sites and accommodated in comfort.