11 Day Ecuador & Galapagos Islands Tour
Get the most out of Ecuador with this 11-Day Ecuador and Galapagos Islands Tour. You’ll wander Quito’s nearby Otavalo Market to shop for Andean Handicrafts, explore Cuenca, Ecuador’s most beautiful colonial gem and journey through the Cajas National Park on your way to Guayaquil. Then on to the Galapagos Islands where you’ll embark on a sublime four-night Galapagos cruise, taking in abundant land, bird and sea wildlife and learning about the fascinating geology of the archipelago.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Take a full-day tour of the famous Otavalo Market, shop for authentic Andean handicrafts and visit small villages and natural highlights along the way.
- Explore Cuenca, Ecuador’s most beautiful city, at your leisure, then take a tour to learn its fascinating history.
- Visit a Panama hat factory and learn about this Ecuadorian (they don’t come from Panama!) craft.
- Journey through the Cajas National Park, learning about the geology, fauna and flora of the region.
- Visit Dragon Hill to seek out the Galapagos Islands’ famous land iguanas.
- Visit Rábida, a small but animal-packed island and see sea lions, Pelicans, Flamingos and Finches.
- Learn about Galapagos geology on the tiny island of Sombrero Chino, covered with volcanic formations.
- Discover Genovesa island – often called Bird Island for its abundance of avian species, including Boobies, Red-Footed and Masked Boobies and Great Frigates, as well as sea lions.
- Enjoy breath-taking views of lunar-like caters, volcanic cones, lava fields and beaches of the Galapagos from Bartolome Island.
- Visit the forested highlands of Santa Cruz, and see sink holes and lava tunnels.
- Stay and travel in comfort, whether cruising or visiting a hotel, and enjoy the attention of trained guides, ready and willing to cater to your every need.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Welcome to Ecuador! Settle in and relax at your Quito hotel ahead of your Ecuadorean adventures.
- Day 2 – Purchase authentic Andean handicrafts on a full-day tour of the Otavalo Market – with stops at small villages and natural wonders.
- Day 3 – Fly to Cuenca, considered to be the county’s most beautiful colonial city. Relax and explore the historical center of the city.
- Day 4 – Learn about Cuenca’s fascinating history on a guided city tour. Visit a Panama hat factory.
- Day 5 – Travel through the scenic Cajas National Park en route to the tropical city of Guayaquil.
- Day 6 - Arrive on the Galapagos Islands, board your vessel, and visit Dragon Hill to observe the famous land iguanas.
- Day 7 - Visit the small but animal-packed island of Rábida, with its sea lions and bird life. Then visit volcanic Sombrero Chino.
- Day 8 – Discover Genovesa or Bird Island and visit its Boobie colonies, then on to Darwin Bay for sea lions, Red-Footed and Masked Boobies and Great Frigates.
- Day 9 – From an elevation of 400 feet on Bartolome Island, take in breath-taking views of the Galapagos, then observe fur seals on Santiago Island.
- Day 10 – Explore the forested highlands of Santa Cruz, explore a lava tunnel and see crater-like sink holes.
- Day 11 – Return to Guayaquil. Depending on the time of your flight out, we can arrange for you to explore the city.
Day 1 - Arrival in Quito, Ecuador
Upon arrival in the capital of Ecuador, our representatives will meet you and take you to your Quito Hotel to settle in and prepare for the incredible adventures which await.
Day 2 - Otavalo Market Tour
After breakfast, you'll set off on a full-day tour to the famous Otavalo Market, the best place in Ecuador for authentic Andean handicrafts. En route, you'll make several stops at small villages and natural highlights, such as the stunning San Pablo Lake, before enjoying a guided tour of the market and plenty of time to explore and shop at your leisure.
Day 3 - Arrival in Cuenca
In the morning you'll fly to Cuenca, considered by many to be the country's most beautiful colonial city. Upon arrival, you'll be transferred to your hotel in the historical city center to relax and explore your cobblestoned surroundings.
Day 4 - Cuenca City Tour
The site where Cuenca stands today once served as a center for the ancient Canari people, the Incas, and finally the Spaniards. You'll learn about this complex history during your Cuenca city tour. You'll also see several of the city’s beautiful colonial buildings, including the main cathedral, and visit a Panama hat factory where nimble-fingered experts weave the famous hats, which are actually an Ecuadorian craft.
Day 5 - Cajas National Park to Guayaquil
Travel through the scenic Cajas National Park en route to Guayaquil. You'll traverse several park trails, learning about the geology, flora, and fauna of the region. Continuing on to Guayaquil by private transport, you will descend from 13,100 feet to sea level in a matter of hours to enter the tropical world of Guayaquil.
Day 6 - Arrival in Santa Cruz, Galapagos
Your exploration of the Galapagos Islands begins! Upon arrival in Baltra, 600 miles off the coast, you will be met by your guide and taken on a short bus ride to the harbor to board your vessel. After lunch, you will embark on an excursion to Dragon Hill, famous for its numerous land iguanas.
Day 7 - Galapagos Cruise: Rábida Island
Alight on the red sands of Rábida Island, which is small but teeming with wildlife. Along the shore you can find sea lions and nesting pelicans. A short inland trail takes you to a saltwater lagoon where you're likely to see Flamingos and Finches. Then, in the afternoon, you'll learn about Galapagos geology on the tiny island of Sombrero Chino.
Day 8 - Galapagos Cruise: Genovesa Island
Discover Genovesa Island, often called Bird Island for its abundance of avian species. In the morning you'll ascend Prince Philip's Steps, a steep rocky path surrounded by Boobie colonies. Spend the afternoon at Darwin Bay among Galapagos sea lions, Red-Footed and Masked Boobies, and Great Frigates.
Day 9 - Galapagos Cruise: Bartolome Island
Enjoy a morning at Bartolome Island. From here, at an elevation of almost 400 feet, you will have breath-taking views of the lunar-like craters, volcanic cones, lava fields and beaches of the Galapagos Islands. In the afternoon you will explore the still active volcanic island of Santiago, one of the best places for observing fur seals in the Galapagos.
Day 10 - Galapagos to Guayaquil
During your last day in the Galapagos, you'll explore the highlands of Santa Cruz where the scenery changes dramatically to lush forest. You'll have the opportunity to explore a lava tunnel and see enormous crater-like sink holes. before heading to the airport for your flight to Guayaquil.
Day 11 - International Departure
After breakfast you will be transferred to the airport for your journey back home. Depending on your international flight departure and your interests, we can arrange an exploration of the thriving coastal city of Guayaquil.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
11 Day Tour from $5,490 per person
- 6 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver in mainland Ecuador
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance in mainland Ecuador
- 4 nights aboard a Galapagos cruise
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Naturalist guide and crew support
- Daily excursions to the Galapagos Islands
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
11 Day Galapagos & Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Guayaquil or Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise, 1 night in Lima, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
This 11-day Galapagos and Machu Picchu tour allows you to experience the two leading destinations of South America in one seamless and comfortable tour. Explore the wildlife-paradise of the Galapagos Islands in a private luxury boat, visiting natural and geographical wonders. Then immerse yourself in the incredible Incan heartland of Peru, visiting Cuzco, the Sacred Valley, and the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu citadel – the lost city of the Incas.
8 Day Galapagos Islands & Quito Tour
3 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise
Take in the cultural highlights of Quito, including a visit to the fantastic Otavalo Market, on this eight-day Quito to Galapagos Tour. Then head to the famous Galapagos Islands to spend four nights on a boat, cruising the natural and geological highlights of the archipelago. You’ll catch sight of land iguanas, walk among nesting Boobies and explore lava tunnels and crater-like sink holes, all in the care of experienced guides and crew.
10 Day Galapagos Island Hopping Tour
1 night in Quito/Guayaquil, 8 nights on Galapagos Islands
Experience the unique and abundant wildlife of the Galapagos Islands while staying in a variety of charming island lodges, giving you more flexibility and space to enjoy your stay. On this 10-day Galapagos Island Hopping Tour, you’ll explore the more remote corners of the region and visit a variety of islands, beaches and reserves, to view the abundant wildlife that the archipelago is famous for. And you’ll snorkel, walk, swim and relax in breathtaking scenery.
10 Day Galapagos Islands & Amazon Tour
2 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise, 3 nights in an Amazon jungle lodge
Explore not one but two natural paradises with this 10-day Galapagos Islands & Amazon Tour. Spend four nights on a captivating Galapagos cruise, learning about the geology, animals, birds and ocean life of these fascinating islands. Then head to the gorgeous Amazon jungle for three days of adventure as you seek out caimans, piranhas, jungle birds and even the elusive dusky titi monkey. You’ll stay and cruise in luxury, while being looked after by experienced guides who will cater to your every whim.