11 Day Galapagos & Machu Picchu Tour
This 11-day Galapagos and Machu Picchu tour allows you to experience the two leading destinations of South America in one seamless and comfortable tour. Explore the wildlife-paradise of the Galapagos Islands in a private luxury boat, visiting natural and geographical wonders. Then immerse yourself in the incredible Incan heartland of Peru, visiting Cuzco, the Sacred Valley, and the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu citadel – the lost city of the Incas.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- A tour of key sites of the Galapagos Islands on a luxury boat, with your every need catered for.
- A visit to Dragon Hill to watch land iguanas in their natural habitat.
- Visit Rábida Island with its red beaches, flamingos and finches.
- Learn about the archipelago’s geology on the tiny island of Sombrero Chino.
- Discover Genovesa Island, often called Bird Island for its abundance of avian species, including boobies and great frigates. You will also encounter playful sea lions.
- A morning at Bartolome Island where you’ll take in lunar-like craters, volcanic cones and lava fields.
- An afternoon exploring the still-active volcanic island of Santiago, one of the best places for observing fur seals in the Galapagos.
- Explore the lush forest highlands of Santa Cruz, and visit lava tunnels and enormous sink holes.
- A free day to relax, acclimatize to the altitude and explore Cuzco, the one-time capital of the Incan Empire.
- Take a guided private tour of Cuzco, with stops at Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex, Koricancha, an important Incan temple, and Cuzco’s Cathedral.
- Journey through the breath-taking scenery of the Sacred Valley, with stops at the agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Mara, and the ruins of Ollantaytambo.
- Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu on a private guided tour then take time to explore on your own. You can hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird’s eye view of the ruins.
- An optional private tour of Lima’s main attractions. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery, Lima's historic colonial squares, and the waterfront district Miraflores.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Arrive in Guayaquil, Ecuador and soak in the tropical vibes before your flight to the Galapagos the next morning.
- Day 2 – Welcome to the Galapagos! Board your vessel at Baltra, and visit the famous land iguanas of Dragon Hill.
- Day 3 – Visit Rábida Island and view its sea lions, nesting pelicans, flamingos and finches, then visit the island of Sombrero Chino.
- Day 4 – Discover Genovesa Island or “Bird Island” where you will see species of boobies and frigates, as well as sea lions.
- Day 5 – Explore Bartolome Island, looking down on lunar-like craters, volcanic cones, and lava fields. Visit the volcanic island of Santiago.
- Day 6 – Explore the lush forest highlands of Santa Cruz, visiting lava tunnels and sink holes. Travel to Lima, Peru.
- Day 7 – Spend your first day in Cuzco acclimatizing to the altitude and exploring the cobbled streets of this charming city.
- Day 8 – A private guided tour of Cuzco, with stops at Sacsayhuaman, Koricancha and Cuzco's Cathedral.
- Day 9 – Journey through the Sacred Valley with stops at the agricultural terraces of Moray the salt mines at Maras and the ancient village of Ollantaytambo.
- Day 10 - Discover the secrets of Machu Picchu, visiting the key sites and learning how the citadel was constructed.
- Day 11 - Depending on your schedule, take a tour of Lima’s San Francisco Monastery and the Larco Archaeological Museum before departing.
Day 1 - Arrival in Ecuador
Welcome to Ecuador. You will be greeted at the airport by our representatives and taken to your Guayaquil hotel to settle in and prepare for your flight to the Galapagos the following morning.
Day 2 - Arrival in Santa Cruz, Galapagos
Your exploration of the Galapagos Islands begins! Upon arrival in Baltra, 600 miles off the coast, you will be met by your guide and taken on a short bus ride to the harbor to board your vessel. After lunch, you will embark on an excursion to Dragon Hill, famed for its numerous land iguanas.
Day 3 - Galapagos Cruise: Rábida Island
Land on the red sands of Rábida Island, which is small but brimming with wildlife. Along the shore you will encounter playful sea lions and nesting pelicans. A short inland trail takes you to a salt water lagoon where you're likely to see flamingos and the famous Galapagos finches. Then, in the afternoon, you'll learn about the archipelago’s geology on the tiny island of Sombrero Chino.
Day 4 - Galapagos Cruise: Genovesa Island
Discover Genovesa Island, often called Bird Island for its abundance of avian species. In the morning you'll ascend Prince Philip's Steps, a rocky inclined path surrounded by boobie colonies. Spend the afternoon at Darwin Bay among Galapagos sea lions, red-footed and masked boobies, and impressive great frigates.
Day 5 - Galapagos Cruise: Bartolome Island
Enjoy a morning at Bartolome Island. From here, at an elevation of almost 400 feet, take in breath-taking views of the lunar craters, volcanic cones, lava fields, and beaches of the Galapagos Islands. In the afternoon, explore the still-active volcanic island of Santiago, one of the best places for observing fur seals in the Galapagos.
Day 6 - Galapagos to Lima, Peru
During your last day in the Galapagos, explore the highlands of Santa Cruz where the scenery changes dramatically to lush forest. You'll have the opportunity to explore a lava tunnel and see enormous crater-like sink holes. Your cruise ends with a transfer to the airport for your flight to Lima, Peru. Upon your arrival at the Lima airport you will be greeted and driven to your hotel.
Day 7 - Lima to Cuzco
Travelling from Lima to Cuzco, you will have ascended from sea level to 11,500 feet. On your first day, you will be free to relax and acclimatize to the altitude. If you're feeling up to it, the city center is pedestrian-friendly and makes for a great stroll. We’re happy to recommend the city's best options for dining and shopping, depending on your interests and preferences.
Day 8 - Private Half Day Cuzco City Tour
Discover the city of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, on a private guided tour. You'll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!), and Cuzco's Cathedral where you'll learn about the Cuzco school of art.
Day 9 - Private Sacred Valley Tour
Journey through the breath-taking scenery of the Sacred Valley. Your tour through this Incan agricultural heartland will include visits to the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. Departing from Ollantaytambo, enjoy a scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Machu Picchu where you will stay in your hotel at Aguas Calientes.
Day 10 - Private Machu Picchu Tour
Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided tour of this Incan citadel. You'll visit the most important parts of the ruins to learn how and why they were constructed. After the tour, you'll have time to further explore the ruins or sit back and soak up the magic of Machu Picchu. You can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a mesmerising view of the ruins. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. Journey by train from Machu Picchu town, through the Sacred Valley to Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival at the train station you will be met and transferred to your Cuzco hotel.
Day 11 - International Departure
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. (Optional recommended excursion) Depending on the time of your international flight out a private tour of Lima's key sites can be arranged. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and the picturesque waterfront district Miraflores.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
11 Day Tour from $5,790 per person
- 6 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Galapagos Cruise)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Galapagos Cruise)
- 4 nights aboard a Galapagos cruise
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Naturalist guide and crew support
- Daily excursions to the Galapagos Islands
- Roundtrip Vistadome train to Machu Picchu Pueblo and the bus to ruins with the company of your private guide to ensure a seamless journey
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
11 Day Uyuni and Andes Tour
2 nights in La Paz, 2 nights on the Uyuni Salt Flats, 2 nights in Lake Titicaca, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
Experience the best of the Andean highlands on this 11-day Uyuni and Andes Tour, travelling from Bolivia’s capital La Paz to the otherworldly Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia, then on to the beautiful Islands of Lake Titicaca in Peru. The expedition culminates with a trip to the awe-inspiring ruins at Machu Picchu, and a tour of the Sacred Valley, the spiritual and agricultural epicenter of the Incan Empire.
10 Day Galapagos Islands & Amazon Tour
2 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise, 3 nights in an Amazon jungle lodge
Explore not one but two natural paradises with this 10-day Galapagos Islands & Amazon Tour. Spend four nights on a captivating Galapagos cruise, learning about the geology, animals, birds and ocean life of these fascinating islands. Then head to the gorgeous Amazon jungle for three days of adventure as you seek out caimans, piranhas, jungle birds and even the elusive dusky titi monkey. You’ll stay and cruise in luxury, while being looked after by experienced guides who will cater to your every whim.
12 Day Andean Highlights & Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 2 nights in Arequipa, 1 night in Colca Canyon, 3 nights in Lake Titicaca, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
This 12-Day Andean Highlights and Machu Picchu tour gives you the opportunity to take in the best that the Peruvian highlands have to offer. You’ll explore Arequipa, the city built from volcanic ash, then travel through the Colca Canyon to see the majestic condor soar against breath-taking Andean landscapes. You’ll experience island hopping Peruvian style on Lake Titicaca before topping it all off with luxury tours of the Incan heartland, visiting Machu Picchu, Cuzco and the Sacred Valley.
10 Day Galapagos Island Hopping Tour
1 night in Quito/Guayaquil, 8 nights on Galapagos Islands
Experience the unique and abundant wildlife of the Galapagos Islands while staying in a variety of charming island lodges, giving you more flexibility and space to enjoy your stay. On this 10-day Galapagos Island Hopping Tour, you’ll explore the more remote corners of the region and visit a variety of islands, beaches and reserves, to view the abundant wildlife that the archipelago is famous for. And you’ll snorkel, walk, swim and relax in breathtaking scenery.