11 Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour
Head from Chile’s cosmopolitan capital to the remotest destination on Earth on this 11-Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour. Spend three nights in exciting Santiago visiting the key city sites and popular neighboring coastal towns before flying as far South as is commercially possible and boarding a luxury ship for your five-night Antarctic exploration. You’ll see polar wildlife, breath-taking scenery and exhilarating ocean views, with daily excursions onto the ice, on this incredible adventure. Because this tour flies in an out of King George Island, you’ll spend five full days navigating Antarctic waters.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
3 nights in Santiago | 2 nights in Punta Arenas | 5 nights aboard the Ocean Nova Ship
- Get to know the key sites of Santiago on a private half-day city tour with stops at Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral and the Presidential Palace.
- Visit two of Chile’s most popular coastal towns: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Visit the home and now museum of Pablo Neruda, Chile’s Nobel-Prize-winning poet.
- Fly to King George Island in the South Shetland Islands, exploring the area around Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen Station.
- Spend five nights aboard the luxury Ocean Nova shop as you explore the dramatic Antarctic Scenery and brave the bracing seas of this frozen expanse.
- Avoid navigating the treacherous Drake Passage by flying in and out of King George Island.
- The schedule varies according to the weather, but you’ll disembark daily to explore the polar landscape with expert guides in destinations such as Paulet Island, Hope Bay, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island and the Lemaire Channel.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Welcome to Santiago. Settle into your hotel, and time allowing, enjoy an activity in the city in the afternoon or evening.
- Day 2 – Take a private half-day tour of Santiago, with visits to the historic center, Plaza de Armas and Cerro San Cristobal.
- Day 3 – Visit two of Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar. Visit the eclectic museum home of poet Pablo Neruda.
- Day 4 – Fly to Chile’s southernmost city, Punta Arenas, where you will receive a briefing in preparation for your Antarctica adventure.
- Day 5 – Fly to King George Island, breathe the bracing Antarctic air and explore the area before boarding your expedition vessel.
- Day 6 – Cruise past ice-filled fjords and spectacular icebergs to the western coast of the Antarctic peninsula in the company of sea birds and whales.
- Days 7 – 9 - While the exact itinerary may vary, you’re likely to visit sites such as Paulet Island, Hope Bay, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island, the Lemaire Channel, and many other magnificent destinations.
- Day 10 – Return to King George Island and board your flight back to Punta Arenas.
- Day 11 – Transfer to the airport for your flight to Santiago, where you’ll connect to your international departure.
Day 1 – Arrival in Santiago
Welcome to Santiago! Your SA Expeditions guide will meet you at your airport and take you to your hotel. Depending on your time of arrival, we can arrange an activity in the city for the afternoon or evening.
Day 2 - Private Santiago Half Day City Tour
This morning after breakfast at your hotel, you’ll enjoy a private half-day tour of Santiago. During the course of the day, you’ll visit the city’s historic center where you’ll find the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral, and the Presidential Palace. You will also have the chance to view the city from the top of Cerro San Cristobal.
Day 3 - Valparaiso & Viña del Mar Tour
Today you’ll visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar. Valparaiso is a vibrant, ramshackle collection of hillside houses overlooking the bay. Here you’ll visit the summer house and now museum of Pablo Neruda, one of Chile’s most prolific poets. You’ll then continue on to sophisticated Viña del Mar, a popular beach getaway for the Santiago elite.
Day 4 – Santiago to Punta Arenas
Today you’ll be transferred to Santiago airport for your flight to Chile’s southernmost city, Punta Arenas. Upon arrival you will be transferred to your Punta Arenas hotel where you’ll receive a briefing in preparation for your once-in-a-lifetime Antarctica adventure.
Day 5 – Antarctica Adventure
In the morning you will be transferred to the airport for your two-hour flight from Punta Arenas to King George Island in the South Shetland Islands. Here, you can enjoy the clear Antarctic air and take some time to explore the area surrounding Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen Station before taking a Zodiac boat to board your expedition vessel.
Day 6 – Antarctica Adventure
Your cruise will carry you past ice-filled fjords and spectacular icebergs to the western coast of the Antarctic peninsula in the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales.
Days 7 to 9 – Antarctica Adventure
No journey is the same, as flexibility is the key to success in Antarctica, but you will disembark by Zodiac every day to explore the polar landscape with expert guides. While aboard the ship, you’ll enjoy engaging lectures and incredible vistas from the glass-enclosed lounge. While the exact itinerary may vary, you’re likely to visit sites such as Paulet Island, Hope Bay, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island, the Lemaire Channel, and many other magnificent destinations. Wildlife highlights will include four species of penguin, a handful of different whale species (not to mention orcas aka killer whales), six of the world’s 17 seal species and a plethora of seabirds including the mythical albatross.
Day 10 – Antarctica Adventure
Today you’ll return to King George Island and board your flight back to Punta Arenas, where you will be transferred to your hotel for the evening.
Day 11 – Punta Arenas to Santiago
In the morning you’ll be transferred to the airport for your flight to Santiago where you’ll connect to your international departure.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
11 Day Tour from $14,290 per person
- 5 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- 5 nights aboard an all-inclusive Antarctica cruise with nature excursions, transfers, and all meals included
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Antarctica)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Antarctica)
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
10 Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Tour
3 nights in Buenos Aires, 1 night in Ushuaia, 4 nights aboard the Ocean Nova Ship, 1 night in Punta Arenas
Head from one of the Southern Hemisphere’s most cosmopolitan cities to the remotest destination on the planet on this 10-Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Tour. You’ll spend three nights in gorgeous Buenos Aires, getting to visit the key destinations and of course enjoying a tango show before heading south to the dramatic landscapes of Tierra del Fuego, where you’ll board the luxury Ocean Nova ship for four days of unparalleled Antarctic adventure featuring icebergs, penguins, whales and sunlight galore.
7 Day Santiago to Easter Island Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 3 nights on Easter Island
This seven-day Santiago to Easter Island Tour takes you from the sophisticated capital to the mysterious islands, two of Chile’s most popular destinations. Enjoy modern-day city life interwoven with history in the capital, drink in the culture of Valparaiso, then head to Easter Island aka Rapa Nui in the Pacific Ocean for a chance to marvel at the Moai, the giant human forms carved from stone. A dip in the Pacific and a walk along the rim of a volcanic crater round off this fantastic opportunity to take in the cultural wonders of Chile and its islands.
7 Day Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 3 nights in San Pedro de Atacama
Experience the excitement of Chilean city life, then immerse yourself in the country’s natural wonders with this seven-day Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama Tour. You’ll explore Chile’s cosmopolitan capital, Santiago before enjoying a day in two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Vina del Mar. Then head to the bewitching desert landscapes of San Pedro de Atacama, where you will visit astonishing sights including the Moon Valley, the Altiplanic Lagoons, Los Flamencos National Reserve, the Atacama Salt Flats and the Tatio Geysers.
12 Day Southern Circuit Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights at a Torres del Paine Lodge, 3 nights in El Calafate, 3 nights in Buenos Aires
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of Santiago and Buenos Aires, the Chilean seaside towns of Valparaiso and Viña del Mar, taking in their key sites, and discover the wonders of the Patagonian wilderness. You will visit not one but two breath-taking glaciers, and tour both the Perito Moreno National Park and the Torres del Paine National Park to complete your Patagonian experience, before heading home.