11 Day Uyuni and Andes Tour
Experience the best of the Andean highlands on this 11-day Uyuni and Andes Tour, travelling from Bolivia’s capital La Paz to the otherworldly Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia, then on to the beautiful Islands of Lake Titicaca in Peru. The expedition culminates with a trip to the awe-inspiring ruins at Machu Picchu, and a tour of the Sacred Valley, the spiritual and agricultural epicenter of the Incan Empire.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Free time to recharge and acclimatize to the altitude before your Andean explorations begin.
- Private La Paz City Tour with visits to the colonial city center, Plaza Murilllo, Basilica of San Francisco and views over this Andean valley city from 12,000 feet.
- A private guided tour of the ghost silver mining town of Pulacayo, now a World Industrial Heritage site.
- Tour the salt flats of Uyuni on a luxury Airstream Camper with personal staff to cater to your every need.
- A visit to the Tunupa volcano and a 4x4 adventure to the burial chambers of ancient Aymara mummies.
- Visit Copacabana, a small town on the Bolivian shores of Lake Titicaca. Travel by hydrofoil to Sun Island for lunch and exploration. Then continue by vehicle into Peru and enjoy the sunset from your lakeside hotel.
- Navigate Lake Titicaca on the Peruvian side, visiting the floating islands of Uros, where local families build houses, boats and even whole islands out of reeds.
- A private guided tour of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, with stops at Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex, Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples, and Cuzco's Cathedral.
- A tour of the breath-taking Sacred Valley, epicenter of the Incan Empire, with visits to the agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. And a scenic train ride to Machu Picchu.
- Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu on a guided tour of this Incan citadel. After the tour, you can hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins.
- An optional private tour of Lima's key sites, including the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery, the waterfront district Miraflores and Lima's historic colonial squares.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Welcome to Bolivia. A free afternoon to acclimatize to the altitude and recharge after your flight.
- Day 2 – Transfer to the Uyuni flats, meet the private staff of your luxury Airstream Camper and visit the ghost mining town Pulacayo.
- Day 3 – Visit the Tunupa Volcano, journey by 4x4 to the burial caves of the ancient Aymara culture, and visit an ‘island’ microsystem.
- Day 4 – Journey back to La Paz and enjoy a private city tour with stops at the Plaza Murillo and Basilica of San Francisco.
- Day 5 – Travel to Copacabana, on the shores of Lake Titicaca, board a hydrofoil to Sun Island, check into your lakeside hotel in Peru.
- Day 6 – Visit the floating islands of Uros, where everything is made of reeds and visit the natural island of Taquile.
- Day 7 – Travel from Puno to Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, and explore the charming city at your leisure.
- Day 8 – A private guided tour of Cuzco, visiting the Inca sites of Sacsayhuaman and Koricancha, and Cuzco’s Cathedral.
- Day 9 – A Sacred Valley tour with visits to the agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras and the village of Ollantaytambo.
- Day 10 – Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu on a private guided tour. Enjoy free time or hike up to a viewing point.
- Day 11 – An optional guided tour of Lima’s key sites, including the San Francisco Monastery and the Larco Archaeological Museum.
Day 1 - Arrival in La Paz, Bolivia
Welcome to Bolivia! Gather your luggage and meet your private guide who will escort you to your hotel to acclimatize and recharge after your flight.
Day 2 - La Paz to Uyuni Salt Flats
In the morning you will be transferred to the La Paz Airport for your flight to the town of Uyuni. Arrive in Uyuni and depart for a tour of the ghost silver mining town of Pulacayo, now a World Industrial Heritage site, with your private guide and driver. By the early afternoon you will arrive on the Salt Flats to board your luxury Airstream Camper and meet your personal staff for lunch. Spend the late afternoon and evening exploring the salt flats, relaxing and taking in this incredible place.
Day 3 - Private Uyuni Salt Flats Experience
After a hearty breakfast, you will navigate across the flats to the nearby Tunupa volcano for a 4x4 experience to a set of caves are a burial chamber for mummies of the local Aymara culture of millennias past. Following lunch prepared by your personal staff, you will visit one of the numerous island microsystems that rise above the flats. The evening is spent enjoying the sunset and a wonderful dinner.
Day 4 - Uyuni to La Paz
In the morning you will say farewell to the salt flats and travel back to the airport at Uyuni for your flight to La Paz. Upon arrival to La Paz, you will be taken to your hotel. In the afternoon, enjoy a private La Paz City Tour. Highlights include a visit to the colonial city center, Plaza Murilllo, Basilica of San Francisco and incredible viewpoints that look out over this Andean valley city from 12,000 feet.
Day 5 - La Paz to Puno
Early this morning you will be picked up by your guide, driver and travel group for the drive to Copacabana, a small town on the shores of Lake Titicaca. Board a hydrofoil to navigate to Sun Island for lunch and exploration. By mid-afternoon you will continue by vehicle crossing into Peru, arriving at your lakeshore hotel in Puno by early evening to rest and enjoy the sunset.
Day 6 - The Islands of Lake Titicaca
Navigate Lake Titicaca on the Peruvian side. First visit the floating islands of Uros, where local families build not just their houses but also boats and whole islands out of reeds. Visit the natural island of Taquile and enjoy lunch – you’ll be hungry from all the mountain air. In the afternoon, return by boat to your hotel in Puno.
Day 7 - Lake Titicaca to Cuzco
Wake up early for your scenic ride aboard a comfortable bus from Puno to Cuzco. This overland route takes you through stunning scenery and past historical sites. Upon arrival in Cuzco, you’ll have the evening free to begin exploring this historically rich Andean city, or to simply relax and enjoy the amenities of your hotel.
Day 8 - Private Half Day Cuzco City Tour
During your tour of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, you'll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!), and Cuzco's Cathedral where you'll learn about the Cuzco School of Art.
Day 9 - Private Sacred Valley Tour
Your Sacred Valley tour will include visits to the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. You’ll depart from Ollantaytambo by train for a scenic ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Machu Picchu, where you will stay in your hotel at Aguas Calientes.
Day 10 - Private Machu Picchu Tour
Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided tour of this Incan citadel. You'll visit the most important parts of the ruins to learn how and why they were constructed. After the tour, you'll have time to further explore the ruins or sit back and enjoy the magic of Machu Picchu. You can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. Departing from Machu Picchu town, enjoy a train ride to Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival at the train station you will be met and transferred to your Cuzco hotel.
Day 11 - International Departure
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. (Optional recommended excursion) - Depending on the time of your international flight out a private tour of Lima's key sites can be arranged. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and the picturesque waterfront district Miraflores.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
11 Day Tour from $5,790 per person
- 8 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- 2 nights in fully-serviced luxury Airstream Campers with exclusive access to sleep in remote areas of the Uyuni Salt Flats with your own personal chef
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance
- Roundtrip Vistadome train to Machu Picchu Pueblo and the bus to ruins with the company of your private guide to ensure a seamless journey
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
8 Day Uyuni to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in La Paz, 2 nights on the Uyuni Salt Flats, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
Combine the otherworldly landscapes of the Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia with a visit to Peru’s Sacred Valley that culminates in a visit to magical Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas. On this eight-day Uyuni to Machu Picchu tour, you will journey through the mind-bending salt flats in a luxury private 4x4 vehicle and sleep in a fully serviced luxury Airstream Camper. After visiting Cuzco, the old Inca capital you will venture into the heartland of the Incas where you will be treated to private tours of the key sites and accommodated in comfort.
4 Day Uyuni Salt Flat Tour
1 night in La Paz, 2 nights on the Uyuni Salt Flats
Once a massive inland sea, the Uyuni Salt Flat is an otherworldly enigma with breathtaking views, majestic sunrises and sunsets and fascinating microclimates. Experience the highlights of this extraordinary area on this four-day Uyuni Salt Flats Tour in a luxury Airstream camper and 4x4, with private staff to cater and care for you, and a personal guide and driver to ensure that your every need is met.
10 Day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama Tour
1 nights in La Paz, 2 nights in an Airstream Camper on Salt Flats, 3 nights in San Pedro de Atacama, 3 nights in Santiago
If breath-taking, arid expanses excite you then this 10-day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama tour is just the ticket. You will tour the expansive and otherworldly Uyuni Flats in Bolivia in a fully serviced luxury Airstream camper with private staff, then head South to the Atacama Desert, to explore thermal springs and Moon-like landscapes. Finally, you’ll spend three nights in Santiago, the Chilean capital, taking in the sophisticated delights of this cosmopolitan city and its surroundings.
7 Day Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 2 nights Sacred Valley, 1 night in Machu Picchu Town, 2 nights in Cuzco
Delve into the wonders of the Sacred Valley, before exploring the ancient Incan citadel of Machu Picchu and then returning to Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire. You will start with an exploration of the Sacred Valley, which being a few thousand feet lower than the city of Cuzco, will help you acclimatize. After visiting the archeological sites of Moray, Maras and Ollantaytambo, you'll continue to the magical Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, where you will enjoy both guided tours and free time to explore. You’ll then make your way to Cuzco, with its fascinating mix of Spanish and Incan culture.