12 Day Southern Circuit Tour
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of Santiago and Buenos Aires, the Chilean seaside towns of Valparaiso and Viña del Mar, taking in their key sites, and discover the wonders of the Patagonian wilderness. You will visit not one but two breath-taking glaciers, and tour both the Perito Moreno National Park and the Torres del Paine National Park to complete your Patagonian experience, before heading home.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Explore the highlights of southern South America in comfort and luxury, while taking in breath-taking natural wonders and cosmopolitan city destinations.
- Enjoy a Santiago city tour with stops at the Plaza de Armas, the main Cathedral and the Presidential Palace, before viewing the city from the top of the Cerro San Cristobal.
- Visit two of central Chile’s most popular seaside towns: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Visit the summer house and now museum of Pablo Neruda, one of Chile’s most prolific poets.
- Choose from dozens of half-day and full-day excursions to explore the exceptional scenery of the Torres del Paine National Park as best suits you.
- Journey by boat along the shores of the Lago Argentino to the Perito Moreno National Park, and explore the glacial landscape at your leisure.
- View the majestic Perito Moreno glacier from the water aboard a catamaran, appreciating the sounds and movements of this gigantic mass of ice.
- Journey across Lago Argentino and up the Cristina Canal to view the Upsala Glacier.
- Enjoy a Buenos Aires city tour, exploring the districts of San Telmo, Recoleta, Puerto Madero, the city center and the main plaza.
- Visit one of Buenos Aires’s best tango houses for an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music and tango.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Arrive in Santiago, Chile to settle into your hotel and relax, or begin exploring the city.
- Day 2 – Enjoy a tour of Santiago, visiting the Plaza de Armas, the main Cathedral and the Presidential Palace.
- Day 3 – Visit the colorful seaside town of Valparaiso, with a stop at the museum-home of Pablo Neruda, then travel on to tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Day 4 – Transfer to Chile’s southernmost city Punta Arenas, and settle in to your lodge at Torres del Paine National Park.
- Day 5 – Choose from a wide range of half-day and full-day excursions to explore the Torres del Paine – every option reveals stunning landscapes.
- Day 6 – Spend your final morning at Torres del Paine enjoying the view from the lodge, then cross the border into El Calafate, Argentina.
- Day 7 – Visit the Perito Moreno National Park, and explore on your own, then board a catamaran to view the glacier from the lake.
- Day 8 – Journey across Lago Argentino and up the Cristina Canal past the Upsala Glacier. Enjoy lunch at the Estancia Cristina.
- Day 9 – Board a flight to Buenos Aires, and settle into your hotel in Argentina’s captivating capital.
- Day 10 – Enjoy a Buenos Aires city tour, with stops at San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta, Puerto Madero, the city center and the main plaza.
- Day 11 – Explore Buenos Aires at your leisure during the day, then in the evening, take in an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music and tango.
- Day 12 – Transfer to the airport for your final departure.
Day 1 - Arrival in Santiago, Chile
Upon arrival to the Santiago airport, one of our SA Expeditions guides will meet you and drive you to your comfortable hotel to relax or begin exploring the city.
Day 2 - Santiago City Tour
This morning after breakfast at your hotel, you'll enjoy a tour of Santiago. During the day you'll visit the city's historic center where you'll find the Plaza de Armas, the main Cathedral, and the Presidential Palace. You will also have the chance to view the city from the top of Cerro San Cristobal.
Day 3 - Valparaiso and Vina del Mar Tour
Today you'll visit two of central Chile's most popular seaside towns: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar. Valparaiso is a vibrant, colorful collection of hillside houses overlooking the bay. Here you'll visit the summer house and now museum of Pablo Neruda, one of Chile's most prolific poets. You'll then continue on to the tranquil Viña del Mar, a popular retreat for the Santiago elite.
Day 4 - Santiago to Torres del Paine
Today you'll be transferred to Santiago airport for your flight to Chile's southernmost city, Punta Arenas. Upon arrival you will be transferred through spectacular scenery to the world-famous Torres del Paine National Park, where you will settle in.
Day 5 - Torres del Paine Activities
With dozens of half-day and full-day excursions to choose from, you're free to customize your full day in Torres del Paine however you desire. Spend it taking short hikes to stunning lookout points to marvel at waterfalls, lakes, glaciers, and of course the unique peaks of the Torres del Paine.
Day 6 - Torres del Paine to El Calafate
Your final morning in Torres del Paine, spend some time enjoying the view from the lodge. You will then journey across the border to the Argentine town of El Calafate for a relaxing evening at your hotel.
Day 7 - Perito Moreno Glacier Tour
Follow the shores of Lago Argentino until you reach the entrance of Perito Moreno National Park. You'll receive a brief orientation and then you are free to explore the footpaths overlooking and surrounding the Perito Moreno Glacier. In the afternoon you will board a catamaran to view the glacier's majesty from the water, to better appreciate the sounds and movements of this living piece of ice.
Day 8 - Estancia Experience
Today you'll visit another, more remote glacier. Your adventure starts with a beautiful boat ride across the lake and up the Cristina Canal, giving you great views of the Upsala Glacier. Then travel in all-terrain vehicles across the steppe to a glacial lookout right above Upsala. Enjoy lunch at Estancia Cristina and learn about the life of a Patagonian gaucho on a tour of the on-site museum before returning to El Calafate.
Day 9 - El Calafate to Buenos Aires
Enjoy a final hearty breakfast in this remarkable region before meeting your airport transfer for your flight to Buenos Aires. Upon arrival in Buenos Aires a guide will meet you and take you to your comfortable lodgings in the city that has been described as the Paris of South America.
Day 10 – Private Half Day Buenos Aires City Tour
After breakfast you’ll head out on a Buenos Aires city tour during which you’ll explore the districts of San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta, Puerto Madero, the city center, and the main plaza. The tour will end in the Recoleta Cemetery where you’ll have the chance to stay and explore further independently or continue back to the hotel.
Day 11 - Free Day with Dinner & Tango Show
Your day will be free, giving you time to explore independently at your leisure. The main districts in Buenos Aires are pedestrian friendly and the city's subways are efficient and easy to use. In the evening, you will be collected from your hotel and taken to one of Buenos Aires's best tango houses for an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music, and dancing. Choose either a small, intimate show or a large, Broadway-style production.
Day 12 - Depart Buenos Aires
Today your South America adventures come to an end. After breakfast at your hotel, you'll be transferred to the airport for your final departure.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
12 Day Tour from $4,390 per person
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Patagonia lodge)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Patagonia lodge)
- 9 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- 2 nights at an all-inclusive Patagonia lodge with small-group excursions and transfers, and all meals included
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
6 Day Patagonia Highlights Tour
2 nights at Torres del Paine lodge (Chile), 3 nights in El Calafate (Argentina)
Patagonia is a land of imposing glaciers, sparkling seas, expansive skies and rolling steppes, and on this Six-Day Patagonia Highlights Tour, you’ll have the opportunity to marvel at all of these while staying in luxury lodges. It’s a must for outdoor enthusiasts, with excursions on both the Chilean and Argentinian sides of Patagonia, including visits to the spectacularly beautiful Torres del Paine National Park, and two mesmerizing glaciers: the Perito Moreno Glacier and the Upsala Glacier.
11 Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights in Punta Arenas, 5 nights aboard the Ocean Nova Ship
Head from Chile’s cosmopolitan capital to the remotest destination on Earth on this 11-Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour. Spend three nights in exciting Santiago visiting the key city sites and popular neighboring coastal towns before flying as far South as is commercially possible and boarding a luxury ship for your five-night Antarctic exploration. You’ll see polar wildlife, breath-taking scenery and exhilarating ocean views, with daily excursions onto the ice, on this incredible adventure. Because this tour flies in an out of King George Island, you’ll spend five full days navigating Antarctic waters.
5 Day Patagonia Estancia Tour
2 nights in El Calafate, 2 nights at a Patagonia estancia
Discover the wilderness of the Patagonian frontier with this five-day Patagonia Estancia Tour. You’ll spend two days in El Calafate, from where you’ll get to know the Perito Moreno Glacier from land and lake, then journey across Lago Argentino and up the Cristina Canal to view the breath-taking Upsala Glacier from above and below. The next two nights will be spent in the secluded Estancia Cristina – and here, you’ll have the option to trek, horse ride, or simply drink in the scenery of the Patagonian steppes.
10 Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Tour
3 nights in Buenos Aires, 1 night in Ushuaia, 4 nights aboard the Ocean Nova Ship, 1 night in Punta Arenas
Head from one of the Southern Hemisphere’s most cosmopolitan cities to the remotest destination on the planet on this 10-Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Tour. You’ll spend three nights in gorgeous Buenos Aires, getting to visit the key destinations and of course enjoying a tango show before heading south to the dramatic landscapes of Tierra del Fuego, where you’ll board the luxury Ocean Nova ship for four days of unparalleled Antarctic adventure featuring icebergs, penguins, whales and sunlight galore.