13 Day Santiago to Antarctica Polar Circle Tour
Whether through the glass-enclosed observation lounge aboard the Ocean Nova cruise vessel or up close thanks to the ship’s fleet of small and sturdy Zodiac boats, this 13-day Antarctic adventure is day after day of extraordinary views. Sail across polar waters and alongside the pristine snow-covered landscapes of Antarctica, home to diverse wildlife including whales, penguins and seals. Your modern and comfortable transportation and expert-led adventures will make this an unforgettable journey to the White Continent.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Stay in comfort and luxury at leading hotels in both Santiago and Punta Arenas.
- Get to know Santiago’s main attractions, including the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral and the Presidential Palace, on a guided half-day tour of the city.
- Visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colourful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Expert guides ensure you are fully prepared by providing you with necessary and helpful information prior to embarking on the Ocean Nova
- Witness a range of Antarctic wildlife, such as whales, seals and various species of the iconic penguin
- Explore the polar landscape in small groups as we utilize the ship’s fleet of Zodiac boats, perfect for roaming
- Enjoy onboard amenities offered by the Ocean Nova, such as a library, gym, dining room and bar
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 - Welcome to Santiago! One of our representatives will greet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel to settle in
- Day 2 - Enjoy a half-day tour of Santiago, visiting the city centre, the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral and the Presidential Palace
- Day 3 - Visit two of Chile’s most popular coastal cities – colourful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar
- Day 4 - Stay the night in Punta Arenas, Chile’s southernmost city.
- Day 5 - A brief flight to King George Island will help you ease into the Arctic air. Located in the South Shetland Islands, you’ll be able to explore the area nearby international frei stations before embarking on your vessel.
- Day 6-11 - Cruise along the western coast of the Antarctic peninsula, viewing wildlife and ice glaciers in all their splendor from both the cruise vessel and small Zodiac boats
- Day 12 - Fly from King George Island to Punta Arenas where you’ll relax for the night
- Day 13 - Return to Santiago and prepare for international departure
Day 1 - Welcome to Santiago
Welcome to Santiago de Chile! Upon arrival, one of our representatives will greet you at the airport and transfer you to the sophisticated Hotel Solace to settle in. Located on a tranquil street, you’ll be able to spend a relaxing night after your day’s travel.
Day 2 - Private Half Day Santiago City Tour
After breakfast at your hotel you’ll enjoy a tour of Chile’s capital city, Santiago. You’ll visit the city’s historic center where you’ll find the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral, and the Presidential Palace. Situated in a valley hugged by the snowcapped Andes mountains, take the chance to view the city from the top of Santa Lucia Hill. The afternoon is yours to enjoy at your leisure, shopping, eating and exploring to your heart’s content.
Day 3 - Private Full Day Valparaiso & Viña del Mar Tour
Today you’ll visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar. Valparaiso is a vibrant, colorful collection of hillside houses overlooking the bay. Here you’ll visit the one-time summer house and now museum of Pablo Neruda, one of Chile’s most prolific poets. Continue to the tranquil Viña del Mar, a popular beachside retreat for the Santiago elite.
Day 4 - Flight to Punta Arenas
We get one step closer to beginning our Antarctic adventure as we take a morning flight to Punta Arenas, Chile’s southernmost city. Upon arrival you’ll attend a briefing in preparation of the upcoming voyage, after which you can enjoy a welcome dinner shared with the other guests.
Day 5 - King George Island
After a quick flight to King George Island, located in the South Shetland Islands, you’ll finally be able to breathe in the crisp and clear Arctic air. Explore the area surrounding Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellinghausen Station before embarking on your sea vessel by way of a Zodiac, a small yet sturdy boat unit.
Day 6-11 - Antarctic adventure
Cruise through deep inlets set amongst towering icy cliffs as we follow the western coast of the Antarctic peninsula. Throughout the next few day the Ocean Nova vessel will take us for a smooth ride as we make daily stops and group excursions via the ship’s fleet of Zodiac boats. Walk ashore areas of the peninsula to get an up close look at native wildlife such as seabirds, penguins, whales and seals. You’ll also be able to take in incredible vistas from the comfort of the ship’s glass-enclosed lounge. Local weather conditions will ultimately determine the route taken, however opportunities for activities and exploration are always found.
Day 12 - King George Island to Punta Arenas
Bid farewell to Antarctica as we dock at King George Island and prepare for a short flight to Punta Arenas. Once you’ve arrived back on Chilean surf, you’ll be transferred to your hotel and accomodation for the night.
Day 13 - Return to Santiago
Catch a morning flight to Chile’s capital where you will continue on according to your scheduled international departure.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
13 Day Tour from $18,490 per person
- 5 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- 7 nights aboard an all-inclusive Antarctica cruise with nature excursions, transfers, and all meals included
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Antarctica)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Antarctica)
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
16 Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Polar Circle Tour
3 nights in Buenos Aires, 1 night in Ushuaia, 11 nights aboard the Plancius Ship
Over two weeks long and with a route that includes frigid and at times rough waters, you can be sure that your Antarctic expedition will be led by a vessel with a sturdy design and modern style. Originally built for deep sea fishing, everyday explorers aboard the Plancius can enjoy a spacious observation lounge offering a full panorama view of natural glacial sculptures and iconic wildlife such as the humpback whale and various species of the iconic penguin. Should you wish to forgo elegance for bravery, even if just for an afternoon, plenty of opportunities will be had for excursions on shore the Antarctic Peninsula, kayaking and even diving into the polar waters.
15 Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Silversea Tour
3 nights in Buenos Aires, 1 night in Ushuaia, 10 nights aboard the Silver Cloud Ship
Navigate the chilly and at times turbulent Antarctic waters with ease and stability aboard the Silver Cloud, a spacious vessel designed for modern elegance. As we explore perhaps the most remote continent in the world, comfort remains on board with options such as in-suite dining, topical lectures from experts, and broad viewing decks. Home to pristine landscapes, ice formations and thriving flora and fauna such as the iconic penguin, this Antarctic expedition offers 15 days of otherworldly sights.
11 Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights in Punta Arenas, 5 nights aboard the Ocean Nova Ship
Head from Chile’s cosmopolitan capital to the remotest destination on Earth on this 11-Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour. Spend three nights in exciting Santiago visiting the key city sites and popular neighboring coastal towns before flying as far South as is commercially possible and boarding a luxury ship for your five-night Antarctic exploration. You’ll see polar wildlife, breath-taking scenery and exhilarating ocean views, with daily excursions onto the ice, on this incredible adventure. Because this tour flies in an out of King George Island, you’ll spend five full days navigating Antarctic waters.
10 Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Tour
3 nights in Buenos Aires, 1 night in Ushuaia, 4 nights aboard the Ocean Nova Ship, 1 night in Punta Arenas
Head from one of the Southern Hemisphere’s most cosmopolitan cities to the remotest destination on the planet on this 10-Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Tour. You’ll spend three nights in gorgeous Buenos Aires, getting to visit the key destinations and of course enjoying a tango show before heading south to the dramatic landscapes of Tierra del Fuego, where you’ll board the luxury Ocean Nova ship for four days of unparalleled Antarctic adventure featuring icebergs, penguins, whales and sunlight galore.