15 Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Silversea Tour
Navigate the chilly and at times turbulent Antarctic waters with ease and stability aboard the Silver Cloud, a spacious vessel designed for modern elegance. As we explore perhaps the most remote continent in the world, comfort remains on board with options such as in-suite dining, topical lectures from experts, and broad viewing decks. Home to pristine landscapes, ice formations and thriving flora and fauna such as the iconic penguin, this Antarctic expedition offers 15 days of otherworldly sights.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Small group outings as well as an elegantly designed vessel ensure that you can appreciate the remote and picturesque setting of the southernmost continent whether on or off board.
- So iconic to the area, witness a range of penguin species including the Adelie, Chinstrap and the long-tailed Gentoo.
- From looming ice sculptures to thriving moss beds, take in stunning panoramas of Antarctic islands from one of the verandas or decks on board the Silver Cloud.
- With your safety and comfort in mind, a flexibility has been worked into the itinerary to ensure that only locations most suitable to weather conditions are visited.
- Navigate the Antarctic Convergence, a natural division of climates and marine life and one of the southern hemisphere’s major marine food sources.
- Explore Argentina’s capital, Buenos Aires, on a guided tour, followed by the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the metropolitan city on a day that’s left up to your whim and desire.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1- Welcome to Buenos Aires. You will be picked up from the airport and taken to your hotel to settle in
- Day 2 - Discover Buenos Aires on a guided city tour with stops at San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta, Puerto Madero and the main plaza
- Day 3 - The day is yours to explore Buenos Aires at your leisure. You’ll then experience an authentic Porteño evening complete with dinner and tango
- Day 4 - Fly to resort town Ushuaia, where upon arrival you’ll take a private transfer to your hotel for the night.
- Day 5 - Embark on the Silver Cloud, our sturdy and spacious vessel for the duration of the cruise. Once aboard, we’ll head south and finally breathe in the crisp polar air.
- Day 6-7 - As we smoothly navigate the surly waters of Drake Passage, witness the range of fauna that feed off the nutrients deriving from the Antarctic Convergence.
- Day 8 - Today we’ll cross the Antarctic Sound, a historical stretch of water, with views of the flat-topped tabular icebergs and penguin breeding grounds.
- Day 9-11 - As we enter the remote wilderness that belongs to the Antarctic Peninsula, local marine life such as whales and seabirds welcome us to their home.
- Day 12 - Frequented by scientists due to its proximity to South America, we’ll cruise around the South Shetland Islands, a family of nine.
- Day 13-14 - There’s such a thing as second chances in the Arctic as we pass through the Drake Passage as we return north.
- Day 15 -Say farewell to the Antarctic as we disembark the Silver Cloud in Ushuaia and catch a flight back to Buenos Aires.
Day 1 - Arrival in Buenos Aires
At the airport, one of our representatives will meet you and take you to your Buenos Aires hotel. Depending on your time of arrival, we can arrange an activity in the city for the afternoon or evening.
Day 2 - Buenos Aires City Tour
After breakfast, you'll head out on a Buenos Aires city tour during which you'll explore the districts of San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta, Puerto Madero, the city center, and the main plaza. The tour will end in the Recoleta Cemetery where you can stay and explore on your own or continue back to the hotel.
Day 3 - Free day with dinner and tango show
Today is yours to explore wonderful Buenos Aires at your leisure. Shop for antiques in San Telmo, explore the city’s fantastic art galleries or take a stroll along the delightful greenery of the Costanera Sur. The main districts in Buenos Aires are pedestrian friendly and the city's subways are efficient and easy to use. In the evening, you will be taken to one of Buenos Aires' best tango houses for an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music, and dancing. Choose either a small, intimate show or a large, Broadway-style production.
Day 4 - Overnight stay in Ushuaia
A morning flight will take you to Ushuaia, the capital of Tierra del Fuego, Argentina. Nicknamed “the End of the World,” Tierra del Fuego is the southernmost tip of not only Argentina but of all South America. An SA representative will assist you in the commute from the town’s airport to your hotel for the night.
Day 5 - Board Silver Cloud
Start your morning off with adventure as you board the Silver Cloud cruise ship. We’ll sail south towards Drake Passage, navigating the waves with ease and stability. Stay astute as seabirds and whales are known to make friendly appearances in this area.
Day 6-7 - Drake Passage
Though it’s known for the turbulent waves, you’ll want to stay astute for fauna as we enter the Drake Passage. Seabirds and whales are known to make friendly appearances in this area as the Antarctic Convergence, a natural meetup of cold polar waters with a warmer equatorial flow, results in nutrients attractive to such animals.
Day 8 - Antarctic Sound
This stretch of water has quite the history, and in fact gets its name from a ship that, in 1902, became the first to sail across its surface. Witness penguin breeding grounds with visits to sites like Paulet, Hope Bay and Brown Bluff. Having broken off from the Larsen Ice Shelf, the tabular icebergs in the Sound are quite the spectacle.
Day 9-11 - Antarctica Peninsula
Feel like a true explorer as we navigate through iceberg sculptures and the remote wilderness that belongs to the Antarctic. Though it is the main peninsula closest to South America, Antarctica has a human history of just 200 years. Hunters and scientists have come and gone, but the protected bays and pristine snowy mountaintops wouldn’t show it. Keep your eyes open for the iconic penguins and other marine mammals.
Day 12 - South Shetland Islands
Comprising of nine islands in total, the South Shetland islands are usually the first pieces of land to be seen in the Antarctic and thus the most visited by scientists and tourists alike. As the warmest part of the continent, flora such as moss beds and colorful variation of lichens have not only survived but thrived in such a climate upon these islands. Chinstrap, Macaroni and Gentoo Penguins have also been known to breed here.
Day 13-14 - Drake Passage
This is your last chance to catch sight of seabirds such as the Black-browed Albatross, Sooty Shearwaters and White-chinned Petrels. Once again we traverse across the tempestuous waves of Drake Passage, though the stable ride of the Silver Cloud will make it hardly noticeable.
Day 15 - Return to Buenos Aires
It’s time to disembark the Silver Cloud, and when you do you’ll be transferred to the airport in order to board a flight to Buenos Aires, Argentina. Take ease in knowing that an SA representative will ensure you arrive on time.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
15 Day Tour from $11,990 per person
- 4 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- 10 nights aboard an all-inclusive Antarctica cruise with nature excursions, transfers, and all meals included
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Antarctica)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Antarctica)
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
13 Day Santiago to Antarctica Polar Circle Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights in Punta Arenas, 7 nights aboard the Ocean Nova Ship
Whether through the glass-enclosed observation lounge aboard the Ocean Nova cruise vessel or up close thanks to the ship’s fleet of small and sturdy Zodiac boats, this 13-day Antarctic adventure is day after day of extraordinary views. Sail across polar waters and alongside the pristine snow-covered landscapes of Antarctica, home to diverse wildlife including whales, penguins and seals. Your modern and comfortable transportation and expert-led adventures will make this an unforgettable journey to the White Continent.
11 Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights in Punta Arenas, 5 nights aboard the Ocean Nova Ship
Head from Chile’s cosmopolitan capital to the remotest destination on Earth on this 11-Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour. Spend three nights in exciting Santiago visiting the key city sites and popular neighboring coastal towns before flying as far South as is commercially possible and boarding a luxury ship for your five-night Antarctic exploration. You’ll see polar wildlife, breath-taking scenery and exhilarating ocean views, with daily excursions onto the ice, on this incredible adventure. Because this tour flies in an out of King George Island, you’ll spend five full days navigating Antarctic waters.
10 Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Tour
3 nights in Buenos Aires, 1 night in Ushuaia, 4 nights aboard the Ocean Nova Ship, 1 night in Punta Arenas
Head from one of the Southern Hemisphere’s most cosmopolitan cities to the remotest destination on the planet on this 10-Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Tour. You’ll spend three nights in gorgeous Buenos Aires, getting to visit the key destinations and of course enjoying a tango show before heading south to the dramatic landscapes of Tierra del Fuego, where you’ll board the luxury Ocean Nova ship for four days of unparalleled Antarctic adventure featuring icebergs, penguins, whales and sunlight galore.
16 Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Polar Circle Tour
3 nights in Buenos Aires, 1 night in Ushuaia, 11 nights aboard the Plancius Ship
Over two weeks long and with a route that includes frigid and at times rough waters, you can be sure that your Antarctic expedition will be led by a vessel with a sturdy design and modern style. Originally built for deep sea fishing, everyday explorers aboard the Plancius can enjoy a spacious observation lounge offering a full panorama view of natural glacial sculptures and iconic wildlife such as the humpback whale and various species of the iconic penguin. Should you wish to forgo elegance for bravery, even if just for an afternoon, plenty of opportunities will be had for excursions on shore the Antarctic Peninsula, kayaking and even diving into the polar waters.