17 Day Ultimate Peru Adventure Tour
Leave no stone of Peru unturned with this 17-Day Ultimate Peru Adventure Tour. Witness the Nazca Lines from a light aircraft followed by Arequipa, the city built from volcanic ash, then travel through the Colca Canyon to observe the majestic condor soar. Experience island hopping Peruvian style in Lake Titicaca and cap it off with a private Machu Picchu tour, before a grand finale in the fabled Amazon rainforest, one of the most biodiverse spots on the planet.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
2 nights in Lima | 1 night in Paracas Bay | 2 nights in Arequipa | 1 night in Colca Canyon | 3 nights in Lake Titicaca | 3 nights in Cuzco | 1 night in Machu Picchu town | 2 nights in Amazon jungle lodge
- A tour of Lima's leading attractions, including the San Francisco Monastery and Catacombs, and the Larco Archaeological Museum.
- Catching a small plane to gain a bird’s eye view of the Nazca Lines – mystifying animals and figures that were carved into the desert sands nearly 1,000 years ago.
- Relaxation at a beach resort in Paracas, with a visit to the Ballestas Islands to view abundant marine life.
- A half-day tour of the beautiful city of Arequipa, with stops to see the Santa Catalina Monastery, and the Plaza de Armas, with the option to independently visit the world’s best-preserved mummies, including Juanita the Ice Maiden.
- A visit to the Colca Canyon, where Andean culture has been preserved for hundreds of years, and a trip to a lookout point to spot the enormous Andean condor.
- Journeying to the floating islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca where local families build not just their houses but also boats and whole islands out of reeds.
- A stay in an eco-lodge on the private Lake Titicaca island of Isla Suasi, with free time to explore the wind-swept landscape.
- A fascinating tour of the Cuzco, capital of the Incan Empire, with stops at Sacsayhuaman, Koricancha, and Cuzco's Cathedral.
- A scenic tour through the Sacred Valley, heartland of the Incan Empire, to the circular terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo.
- Uncovering the secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided tour of this Incan citadel, with free time to explore or climb Huayna Picchu for an unforgettable view of the ruins.
- A canoe trip from Puerto Maldonado in the Amazon Rainforest to your jungle lodge, with the opportunity to spot abundant wildlife on the river banks.
- A visit to an Oxbow Lake, looking for black caimans, giant river otters, and innumerable species of birds and monkeys.
- A visit to a canopy observation tower, from which you will experience the life of the macaws, parrots, and other jungle birds.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Welcome to Lima, Peru! Settle in to your hotel – conveniently located next to the airport – to relax and rejuvenate.
- Day 2 – Enjoy a tour of Lima’s leading attractions, including the San Francisco Monastery and Catacombs, and the Larco Archaeological Museum.
- Day 3 – Travel to the coastal town of Paracas, board a small plane and view the Nazca Lines. Spend the evening relaxing in your resort hotel.
- Day 4 – Journey by boat to Ballestas Islands to see the rich and varied marine life camped out on the rocky shores.
- Day 5 – Enjoy a tour of beautiful Arequipa, with stops at the Santa Catalina Monastery and Plaza de Armas. Visit the mummy Juanita the Ice Maiden.
- Day 6 – Travel to the Colca Canyon, with a backdrop of volcanoes, where Andean culture has been preserved for hundreds of years.
- Day 7 – At sunrise, head to Cruz del Condor, a viewing area for enormous Andean condors. Then travel to Puno, Lake Titicaca.
- Day 8 – Journey to the islands of Uros, where boats, houses and whole islands are made of reeds. On to Isla Suasi to stay in an eco-lodge.
- Day 9 – Spend a relaxing day on the windswept island on Lake Titicaca meandering along paths and canoeing along the shore.
- Day 10 – Choose between a scenic overland route or the luxury Andean Explorer train to travel to Cuzco.
- Day 11 – Enjoy a fascinating private tour of Cuzco, with stops at Sacsayhuaman, Koricancha and Cuzco’s cathedral.
- Day 12 – Journey through the Sacred Valley to the terraces at Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins of Ollantaytambo.
- Day 13 – Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided tour with free time to explore the citadel on your own. Journey to Cuzco.
- Day 14 – Arrive in Puerto Maldonado, in the Amazon Rainforest. Travel by canoe to your lodge, spotting wildlife along the way.
- Day 15 – Navigate the shores of an oxbow lake, looking out for black caimans, giant river otters and myriad species of birds and monkeys.
- Day 16 – Either observe macaws feeding at a clay ‘lek’ or hike through forest trails, then ascend an observation tower for views of the canopy.
- Day 17 – Depart from Lima. Time allowing before your flight, enjoy a fantastic meal in one of the world’s culinary capitals.
Day 1 - Arrival in Lima, Peru
Welcome to Lima, Peru! One of our representatives will greet you and drive you to your selected hotel. However, if you are staying at the Lima airport Costa del Sol Ramada, you will only need to walk out the airport exit and cross the street to your evening’s accommodation.
Day 2 - Lima City Tour
On your first morning in Peru, take a tour of Lima's leading attractions, including the San Francisco Monastery and Catacombs, and the Larco Archaeological Museum.
Day 3 - Nazca Lines
Travel south of Lima by private transport to the coastal resort town of Paracas. Here. you will board a small plane that will give you a bird's eye view of the Nazca Lines – mystifying animals and figures carved into the desert sands nearly 1,000 years ago. Your Paracas beach resort awaits you after the flight, where you'll have time to relax by the pool or indulge in a spa treatment.
Day 4 - Paracas and Islas Ballestas
The morning begins with a journey to the Ballestas Islands off the coast of Paracas. On the way you will stop by the enormous Candelabra geoglyph carved into the desert hillside, before touring the rich and varied marine life that lives the rocky islands. In the afternoon, you will return to Lima for your flight to Arequipa.
Day 5 - Arequipa City Tour
Enjoy a half-day Arequipa tour, allowing you to fully appreciate why many consider this to be the most beautiful city in all of Peru. Key sights include the Santa Catalina Monastery where nuns lived in seclusion for 400 years and the Plaza de Armas. Following your tour, you’ll head back to your hotel or continue across the plaza independently to visit the museum that houses the world's best-preserved mummies, including Juanita the Ice Maiden.
Day 6 - Depart for Colca Canyon
Early in the morning you will depart for the Colca Canyon, the second deepest canyon in the world, where Andean culture has preserved its way of life for hundreds of years. Majestic volcanoes that form the backdrop of this breath-taking landscape.
Day 7 - Colca Canyon to Lake Titicaca
As the sun is rising over the canyon you will depart for the Cruz del Condor, a fantastic area for viewing the Andean Condor. Seeing groups of these enormous birds with 10-foot wingspans glide by at such close range is unforgettable. Continue the journey to Puno, and arrive at your hotel on the banks of Lake Titicaca by evening.
Day 8 - The Islands of Lake Titicaca
Today you will experience the azure waters of Lake Titicaca. The first stop will be the floating islands of Uros where local families build not just their houses but also boats and whole islands out of reeds. Then you'll briefly visit the island of Taquile en route to the private island of Isla Suasi, where you will spend the night in an eco-lodge.
Day 9 - Isla Suasi
Wake up to the soothing isolation of life on an island. You'll spend a relaxing day exploring this windswept landscape, meandering along paths, and perhaps paddling along the shore in a canoe. This inclusive resort includes all your meals, so you'll enjoy a hearty Andean lunch before traveling by boat back to the mainland.
Day 10 - Lake Titicaca to Cuzco
For travelling from Lake Titicaca to Cuzco we recommend the overland route to take in the scenery and historical sites along the way. If desiring a bit more luxury, the Andean Explorer train conveys you to Cuzco in the utmost of comfort and classic style.
Day 11 - Private Half Day Cuzco City Tour
During your tour of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, you'll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!), and Cuzco's Cathedral where you'll learn about the Cuzco school of art.
Day 12 - Private Sacred Valley Tour
Journey through the Sacred Valley on a tour that includes visits to the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. Departing from Ollantaytambo, enjoy a scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Machu Picchu where you will stay in your hotel at Aguas Calientes.
Day 13 - Private Machu Picchu Tour
Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided tour of this Incan citadel. You'll visit the most important parts of the ruins to learn how and why they were constructed. After the tour, you'll have time to further explore the ruins or sit back and enjoy the magic of Machu Picchu. You can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. Departing from Machu Picchu town, enjoy a train ride to Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival at the train station you will be met and transferred to your Cuzco hotel.
Day 14 - Cuzco to Puerto Maldonado
Depart for Puerto Maldonado in the Amazon Rainforest. One of our representatives will collect you from the airport and take you via covered canoe to your Jungle Lodge. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to spot some of the abundant wildlife living along the banks, and upon arrival you'll have time to settle in before embarking on a night excursion!
Day 15 - Oxbow Lake and Farm Visit
On your first morning in the Amazon, you will navigate the shores of an Oxbow Lake, looking for black caimans, giant river otters, and innumerable species of birds and monkeys. In the afternoon, you will have the opportunity to learn about the crops that are farmed in the rainforest, and the native plant species that are used for medicinal purposes.
Day 16 - Exploring the Jungle Canopy
Depending on the lodge you’ve chosen, your morning will be spent observing macaws feeding at a clay ‘lek’, or hiking through some of the forest trails. In the afternoon, you will ascend into the canopy via an observation tower, from which you will be able to experience the life of the macaws, parrots, and other jungle birds.
Day 17 - International Departure
Your flight from the Amazon Rainforest back to the civilization of Lima will bring you full circle through the cultural and ecological treasures of Peru. Upon arrival in Lima you can organize further exploration of the city or – depending on the time of your international flight departure – stay at the airport to rest up ahead of your journey home.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
17 Day Tour from $4,490 per person
- Guide-on-board round-trip train journey
- Majestic volcanoes views and sightings of the Andean Condor
- An overnight on a remote, private island with unparalleled views of Lake Titicaca
- Personalized Amazon excursions by foot and canoe
- Private and small-group guided in-depth tours exploring every corner of Peru
11 Day Uyuni and Andes Tour
2 nights in La Paz, 2 nights on the Uyuni Salt Flats, 2 nights in Lake Titicaca, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
Experience the best of the Andean highlands on this 11-day Uyuni and Andes Tour, travelling from Bolivia’s capital La Paz to the otherworldly Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia, then on to the beautiful Islands of Lake Titicaca in Peru. The expedition culminates with a trip to the awe-inspiring ruins at Machu Picchu, and a tour of the Sacred Valley, the spiritual and agricultural epicenter of the Incan Empire.
12 Day Andean Highlights & Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 2 nights in Arequipa, 1 night in Colca Canyon, 3 nights in Lake Titicaca, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
This 12-Day Andean Highlights and Machu Picchu tour gives you the opportunity to take in the best that the Peruvian highlands have to offer. You’ll explore Arequipa, the city built from volcanic ash, then travel through the Colca Canyon to see the majestic condor soar against breath-taking Andean landscapes. You’ll experience island hopping Peruvian style on Lake Titicaca before topping it all off with luxury tours of the Incan heartland, visiting Machu Picchu, Cuzco and the Sacred Valley.
8 Day Uyuni to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in La Paz, 2 nights on the Uyuni Salt Flats, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
Combine the otherworldly landscapes of the Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia with a visit to Peru’s Sacred Valley that culminates in a visit to magical Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas. On this eight-day Uyuni to Machu Picchu tour, you will journey through the mind-bending salt flats in a luxury private 4x4 vehicle and sleep in a fully serviced luxury Airstream Camper. After visiting Cuzco, the old Inca capital you will venture into the heartland of the Incas where you will be treated to private tours of the key sites and accommodated in comfort.
8 Day Amazon to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 2 nights in Amazon jungle lodge, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
Combine the biodiverse splendor of the Amazon basin with the wondrous Incan history of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. Explore the Amazon river tributaries and take a guided jungle walk to discover the exotic wildlife and plants, by foot and canoe. Then enjoy one of our Machu Picchu luxury tours, exploring the wonders of this Incan citadel with an experienced guide, before journeying through the Sacred Valley, Ollantaytambo and the one-time capital of the Incan Empire, Cuzco.