4 Day Uyuni Salt Flat Tour
Once a massive inland sea, the Uyuni Salt Flat is an otherworldly enigma with breathtaking views, majestic sunrises and sunsets and fascinating microclimates. Experience the highlights of this extraordinary area on this four-day Uyuni Salt Flats Tour in a luxury Airstream camper and 4x4, with private staff to cater and care for you, and a personal guide and driver to ensure that your every need is met.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Spend a day acclimatizing to the altitude in La Paz before embarking on your Uyuni adventure.
- Journey through the alien landscape of the Uyuni Salt Flats in the style and comfort of a luxury Airstream camper, with private staff and guide to take care of your every need.
- Visit the ghost mining town of Pulacayo and marvel at the riches and despair of Bolivia’s industrial history.
- Enjoy some of the most amazing sunrises, sunsets and night skies on the planet.
- Navigate across the flats to the Tunupa Volcano.
- Enjoy a 4x4 ride to the burial chambers of the Aymara culture of centuries past.
- Visit one of the ‘islands’ that rise above the salt flats.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Your guide will take you to your La Paz hotel to acclimatize and recharge. Time allowing, you can take a tour of this colonial city perched atop the Andes.
- Day 2 – Transfer to town of Uyuni. Visit the ghost mining town of Pulacayo. Journey to the Salt Flats to meet your personal staff and board your Airstream camper.
- Day 3 – Navigate to the Tunupa Volcano. Travel by 4x4 to the burial chambers of the Aymara mummies. Visit an island that rises above the flats.
- Day 4 – Bid farewell to your Airstream camper staff and travel back to La Paz for your connecting or return flights.
Day 1 - Arrival in La Paz, Bolivia
Welcome to Bolivia! After gathering your luggage, you will be met by your private guide and escorted to your hotel to acclimatize and recharge after your flight. Depending on your arrival time, you’ll have the option of taking a private La Paz City Tour. Highlights include a visit to the colonial city center, Plaza Murillo, Basilica of San Francisco and incredible viewing points over this Andean valley city at 12,000 feet.
Day 2 - La Paz to Uyuni Salt Flats
In the morning you will be transferred to the La Paz Airport for your flight to the town of Uyuni. Upon arrival in Uyuni, you will depart with your private guide and driver for the ghost mining town of Pulacayo to step into a world of where you will come to understand the riches and despair of Bolivia's industrial history. Then journey on to the Salt Flats to meet your personal staff and Airstream campers, and enjoy a prepared lunch. The late afternoon and evening will be spent exploring the flats, relaxing and taking in this incredible place.
Day 3 - Private Uyuni Salt Flats Experience
After a hearty breakfast, navigate across the flats to the nearby Tunupa volcano. Here, you will depart on a 4x4 experience to a set of caves that serve as a burial chamber for mummies of the local Aymara culture of centuries past. Following lunch prepared by your personal staff, you will visit one of the numerous islands that rise above the salt flats. The evening is spent enjoying the sunset and a wonderful dinner.
Day 4 - International Departure
In the morning you will say farewell to your Airstream camper staff and travel back to the airport at Uyuni for your flight to La Paz. Upon arrival to La Paz, you will continue to your next destination or your international flight home.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
4 Day Tour from $3,690 per person
- 2 nights in fully-serviced luxury Airstream Campers with exclusive access to sleep in remote areas of the Uyuni Salt Flats with your own personal chef
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
8 Day Uyuni to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in La Paz, 2 nights on the Uyuni Salt Flats, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
Combine the otherworldly landscapes of the Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia with a visit to Peru’s Sacred Valley that culminates in a visit to magical Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas. On this eight-day Uyuni to Machu Picchu tour, you will journey through the mind-bending salt flats in a luxury private 4x4 vehicle and sleep in a fully serviced luxury Airstream Camper. After visiting Cuzco, the old Inca capital you will venture into the heartland of the Incas where you will be treated to private tours of the key sites and accommodated in comfort.
11 Day Uyuni and Andes Tour
2 nights in La Paz, 2 nights on the Uyuni Salt Flats, 2 nights in Lake Titicaca, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
Experience the best of the Andean highlands on this 11-day Uyuni and Andes Tour, travelling from Bolivia’s capital La Paz to the otherworldly Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia, then on to the beautiful Islands of Lake Titicaca in Peru. The expedition culminates with a trip to the awe-inspiring ruins at Machu Picchu, and a tour of the Sacred Valley, the spiritual and agricultural epicenter of the Incan Empire.
10 Day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama Tour
1 nights in La Paz, 2 nights in an Airstream Camper on Salt Flats, 3 nights in San Pedro de Atacama, 3 nights in Santiago
If breath-taking, arid expanses excite you then this 10-day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama tour is just the ticket. You will tour the expansive and otherworldly Uyuni Flats in Bolivia in a fully serviced luxury Airstream camper with private staff, then head South to the Atacama Desert, to explore thermal springs and Moon-like landscapes. Finally, you’ll spend three nights in Santiago, the Chilean capital, taking in the sophisticated delights of this cosmopolitan city and its surroundings.
7 Day Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 2 nights Sacred Valley, 1 night in Machu Picchu Town, 2 nights in Cuzco
Delve into the wonders of the Sacred Valley, before exploring the ancient Incan citadel of Machu Picchu and then returning to Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire. You will start with an exploration of the Sacred Valley, which being a few thousand feet lower than the city of Cuzco, will help you acclimatize. After visiting the archeological sites of Moray, Maras and Ollantaytambo, you'll continue to the magical Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, where you will enjoy both guided tours and free time to explore. You’ll then make your way to Cuzco, with its fascinating mix of Spanish and Incan culture.