5 Day Patagonia Estancia Tour
Discover the wilderness of the Patagonian frontier with this five-day Patagonia Estancia Tour. You’ll spend two days in El Calafate, from where you’ll get to know the Perito Moreno Glacier from land and lake, then journey across Lago Argentino and up the Cristina Canal to view the breath-taking Upsala Glacier from above and below. The next two nights will be spent in the secluded Estancia Cristina – and here, you’ll have the option to trek, horse ride, or simply drink in the scenery of the Patagonian steppes.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Experience the wonders of Argentinian Patagonia – trek, boat and horseback ride by day, but relax in comfort in luxurious hotels by night.
- Visit the Patagonia Ice Museum for a fascinating introduction to this unique region (time allowing).
- Enter the Perito Moreno National Park, and explore the footpaths overlooking and surrounding the Perito Moreno Glacier.
- Appreciate the sounds and movements of this massive wall of ice from the water, aboard a catamaran.
- Journey across Lago Argentino and up the Cristina Canal to view the breath-taking Upsala Glacier.
- Take a 4x4 excursion through remarkable landscapes to a glacial lookout right above Upsala.
- Enjoy an optional half-day or full-day horseback adventure through the Patagonian steppe.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Arrive in El Calafate, check in to your hotel and, time allowing, visit the brand-new Patagonia Ice Museum.
- Day 2 – Visit the Perito Moreno National Park, and explore on your own, then board a catamaran to view the glacier from the lake.
- Day 3 – Take a boat ride across Lago Argentino and up the Cristina Canal to look at the Upsala Glacier, then take a 4x4 trip to a lookout.
- Day 4 – Choose between a half-day horseback tour to Laguna de la Pesca, or full-day excursion to View Point Cristina. Or you can choose a trekking excursion.
- Day 5 – Enjoy a leisurely breakfast surrounded by the Patagonian plains before heading back to El Calafate for your departure.
Day 1 - Arrival in Patagonia
When you arrive in El Calafate, Argentina, one of our guides will meet you at the airport and take you to your Patagonia hotel. Depending on when you arrive, you might have time to visit the brand-new Patagonia Ice Museum. Opened in 2011, the Glaciarum provides a fascinating introduction to this unique region.
Day 2 - Perito Moreno Glacier Tour
Follow the shores of Lago Argentino until you reach the entrance of Perito Moreno National Park. You'll receive a brief orientation and then you are free to explore the footpaths overlooking and surrounding the Perito Moreno Glacier. In the afternoon you will board a catamaran and view the glacier's majesty from the lake to better appreciate the sounds and movements of this living mass of ice.
Day 3 - Upsala Glacier Cruise to Estancia Cristina
Today you'll visit another, more remote glacier. Your adventure starts with a beautiful boat ride across Lago Argentino and up the Cristina Canal, giving you great views of the Upsala Glacier. When you arrive at shore, drop your bags off at the secluded Estancia Cristina, where you will stay for the next two nights, and gear up for a 4x4 trip through this remarkable landscape to a glacial lookout right above Upsala.
Day 4 - Patagonia Frontier Expedition
Now that you've explored Patagonia by boat, road, and foot, perhaps you'd like to spend today galloping across the steppe? Take a half-day horseback riding tour to Laguna de la Pesca, or if you're comfortable on a horse, take a full-day excursion to View Point Cristina. Alternatively, you can choose from numerous trekking tours if you're more comfortable on your own two feet.
Day 5 - Departure From Patagonia
Enjoy a final leisurely breakfast surrounded by the sweeping Patagonian plains at the remote Estancia Cristina before boarding a boat for the scenic trip back to El Calafate. Once you’re back on dry land you'll be transferred to the airport for your flight back home or to your next South America travel destination.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
5 Day Tour from $2,490 per person
- 2 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- 2 nights at an all-inclusive Patagonia lodge with small-group excursions and transfers, and all meals included
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
7 Day Santiago to Easter Island Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 3 nights on Easter Island
This seven-day Santiago to Easter Island Tour takes you from the sophisticated capital to the mysterious islands, two of Chile’s most popular destinations. Enjoy modern-day city life interwoven with history in the capital, drink in the culture of Valparaiso, then head to Easter Island aka Rapa Nui in the Pacific Ocean for a chance to marvel at the Moai, the giant human forms carved from stone. A dip in the Pacific and a walk along the rim of a volcanic crater round off this fantastic opportunity to take in the cultural wonders of Chile and its islands.
12 Day Southern Circuit Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights at a Torres del Paine Lodge, 3 nights in El Calafate, 3 nights in Buenos Aires
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of Santiago and Buenos Aires, the Chilean seaside towns of Valparaiso and Viña del Mar, taking in their key sites, and discover the wonders of the Patagonian wilderness. You will visit not one but two breath-taking glaciers, and tour both the Perito Moreno National Park and the Torres del Paine National Park to complete your Patagonian experience, before heading home.
5 Day Torres del Paine Lodge Tour
4 nights at a luxury Torres del Paine lodge
Properly imbibe the magnificent scenery of Patagonia’s Torres del Paine National Park. This five-day Torres del Paine Lodge tour allows you to trek, tour and horseback ride during the day, but return to comfort and quality service at night. You can customize your excursions, but will certainly want to visit breath-taking Lago Grey and Glacier Grey, all the while looking out for Patagonian wildlife and learning about local flora. You’ll also have the option to enjoy a luxurious spa treatment to work away the aches in your muscles.
6 Day Patagonia Highlights Tour
2 nights at Torres del Paine lodge (Chile), 3 nights in El Calafate (Argentina)
Patagonia is a land of imposing glaciers, sparkling seas, expansive skies and rolling steppes, and on this Six-Day Patagonia Highlights Tour, you’ll have the opportunity to marvel at all of these while staying in luxury lodges. It’s a must for outdoor enthusiasts, with excursions on both the Chilean and Argentinian sides of Patagonia, including visits to the spectacularly beautiful Torres del Paine National Park, and two mesmerizing glaciers: the Perito Moreno Glacier and the Upsala Glacier.