6 Day Classic Machu Picchu Tour
This six-day Machu Picchu tour gives you ample opportunity to experience the Andean wonders of today and the Incan culture of yesteryear, while we take care of your every requirement and comfort. This route combines adventure with cultural exploration, taking you off the beaten track with visits to the authentic Andean communities who exist alongside ancient ruins. You’ll be surrounded by stunning mountains, lakes and valleys, all while staying in picturesque mountain lodges, and soaking up centuries of history and culture.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Wander the winding streets of Cuzco, the one-time capital of the Inca empire, and revel in the city’s Incan and colonial heritage.
- Visits to the imposing ancient Incan temples of Sacsayhuaman and Koricancha, to discover the history and might of the lost empire.
- A tour of Cuzco’s Cathedral where you’ll learn about the fascinating the Cuzco school of colonial art, and view its archaeological relics.
- A tour of key sites of the Sacred Valley, including the agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo.
- An overnight stay in Aguas Calientes – literally “Hot Waters” – which lies at the base of the Incan citadel of Machu Picchu.
- A guided tour of the Machu Picchu, the “lost city of the Incas”. You’ll see breath-taking views and learn how the temples were built.
- Free time to explore Machu Picchu and absorb the awe-inspiring surroundings at your own pace.
- Flight schedule allowing, take a private tour of the main sites of Lima, including the Larco Archaeological Museum, and the San Francisco Monastery, Lima’s historical squares and Miraflores.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 - International arrival to Lima, Peru, and an overnight stay in a hotel near the airport to minimize transit times.
- Day 2 - Fly from Lima to Cuzco, relaxing in the historic city center, where you’ll be free to explore the historical cobbled streets at leisure.
- Day 3 – Explore the wonders of Cuzco on a private guided tour with visits the key sites of Sacsayhuaman, Koricancha and Cuzco's Cathedral.
- Day 4 - Take a journey through the breath-taking scenery of the Sacred Valley to the ruins and current-day Andean village of Ollantaytambo.
- Day 5 - Marvel at the ancient Incan citadel of Machu Picchu tucked amongst the Andes. Enjoy a private tour and free time to explore at leisure.
- Day 6 - Travel back to Lima, and take a guided tour of the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and Miraflores.
Day 1 - Arrival in Lima, Peru
Welcome to Peru! Today is a transit day, and after a long flight you're probably looking forward to a nice meal and some relaxation. The Costa del Sol hotel is located right across the street from the airport and is the best choice for travelers connecting to Cuzco. But if you arrive to Lima in the early afternoon, you’ll have the time to make your way to a hotel in the picturesque waterfront district of Miraflores. If you go for this option, one of our representatives will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel.
Day 2 - Lima to Cuzco
Travelling from Lima to Cuzco you will have gone from sea level to the heady heights of 11,500 feet. To give you the chance to acclimatize, the first day is free for relaxation. But if you're up for a bit of exploring, the city center is pedestrian-friendly and full of fascinating sites, colours and people. We're happy to recommend the city's best options for delicious dining and exciting shopping.
Day 3 - Private Half Day Cuzco City Tour
During your tour of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, you'll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, and Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!). You’ll also stop at Cuzco's Cathedral where you'll learn about the intricacies of the Cuzco school of art and view fascinating historical artefacts.
Day 4 - Private Sacred Valley Tour
Prepare to be breath taken! Your Sacred Valley exploration will include visits to the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo, you’ll be treated to a scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Aguas Calientes where you will stay in comfort to await the highlight of our tour.
Day 5 - Private Machu Picchu Tour
This is one for your bucket list. Uncover the mystical secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided private tour of this Incan citadel. You'll have the opportunity to visit the most important parts of the ruins to wonder at how they were constructed. After the tour, you'll have free time to further explore the ruins or just sit back and appreciate the majesty of Machu Picchu. You can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins and valley beneath you. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. After a day you’ll remember for the rest of your life, you’ll depart from Aguas Calientes by train for Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival at the train station you will be met and transferred to your Cuzco hotel.
Day 6 - International Departure
One of our representatives will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. (Optional recommended excursion) - Depending on the time of your international flight, you can take the opportunity to squeeze in a private tour of Lima's key sites. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and Miraflores.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
6 Day Tour from $2,590 per person
- 5 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance
- Roundtrip Vistadome train to Machu Picchu Pueblo and the bus to ruins with the company of your private guide to ensure a seamless journey
- All required entrance fees
- 24hr support
- All taxes
7 Day Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 2 nights Sacred Valley, 1 night in Machu Picchu Town, 2 nights in Cuzco
Delve into the wonders of the Sacred Valley, before exploring the ancient Incan citadel of Machu Picchu and then returning to Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire. You will start with an exploration of the Sacred Valley, which being a few thousand feet lower than the city of Cuzco, will help you acclimatize. After visiting the archeological sites of Moray, Maras and Ollantaytambo, you'll continue to the magical Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, where you will enjoy both guided tours and free time to explore. You’ll then make your way to Cuzco, with its fascinating mix of Spanish and Incan culture.
6 Day Luxury Machu Picchu & Sanctuary Lodge Tour
1 night in Lima, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
The Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the only Machu Picchu hotel that is literally on the ruins’ doorstep and you’ll be staying there. This 6-day private Machu Picchu tour meanders through Cuzco and the Sacred Valley before culminating in a privileged stay at the very entrance to the Lost City of the Incas. You’ll explore enigmatic Inca ruins and fascinating colonial cities with an expert private guide and be immersed in the captivating Andean way of life which has remained unchanged for centuries. Plus you’ll travel in comfort, stay in luxury Belmond hotels and feast on Peru’s epicurean delights.
8 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 3 nights in Cuzco, 3 nights camping on the Inca Trail
Tackle the legendary Inca Trail for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to approach Machu Picchu through breathtaking mountain scenery, as the Incas themselves did many centuries ago. The classic four-day Inca Trail trek involves visits to all the trail’s famous sites, including the ruins at Runkurakay, Sayacmarca, Phuyupatamarca and Wiñay Wayna. Your equipment will be carried by experienced porters and you will sleep in tented luxury as you make your way to your ultimate destination of Machu Picchu, which you will view at sunrise through the Sun Gate.
12 Day Andean Highlights & Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 2 nights in Arequipa, 1 night in Colca Canyon, 3 nights in Lake Titicaca, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
This 12-Day Andean Highlights and Machu Picchu tour gives you the opportunity to take in the best that the Peruvian highlands have to offer. You’ll explore Arequipa, the city built from volcanic ash, then travel through the Colca Canyon to see the majestic condor soar against breath-taking Andean landscapes. You’ll experience island hopping Peruvian style on Lake Titicaca before topping it all off with luxury tours of the Incan heartland, visiting Machu Picchu, Cuzco and the Sacred Valley.