6 Day Patagonia Highlights Tour
Patagonia is a land of imposing glaciers, sparkling seas, expansive skies and rolling steppes, and on this Six-Day Patagonia Highlights Tour, you’ll have the opportunity to marvel at all of these while staying in luxury lodges. It’s a must for outdoor enthusiasts, with excursions on both the Chilean and Argentinian sides of Patagonia, including visits to the spectacularly beautiful Torres del Paine National Park, and two mesmerizing glaciers: the Perito Moreno Glacier and the Upsala Glacier.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Enjoy an exciting tour of the key sites of Patagonia, staying in luxury lodges to ensure your comfort.
- Journey through the spectacular scenery of the world-famous Torres del Paine National Park.
- Explore the Torres del Paine National Park at your leisure, enjoying short hikes to stunning lookout points, waterfalls, lakes, glaciers and unique peaks.
- Explore the meandering footpaths of the Perito Moreno National park, viewing the glacier from multiple angles, then take a catamaran out to sea to appreciate the glacier from another side.
- Take a beautiful boat ride across the Lago Argentino and up the Cristina Canal, to view the remote Upsala Glacier.
- Travel in all-terrain vehicles across the steppe to a glacial lookout above Upsala.
- Learn about the life of a Patagonian gaucho on a museum tour.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Welcome to wild, wonderful, chilly Patagonia. Arrive in Punta Arenas, and transfer to the Torres del Paine National Park.
- Day 2 – Customize your excursion through the Torres del Paine National Park to visit lookout points, waterfalls, lakes, glaciers and unique peaks.
- Day 3 – Enjoy your final morning in Torres del Paine, before crossing to the Argentine town of El Calafate to settle in.
- Day 4 – Journey to the Perito Moreno National Park, explore at your leisure, then board a catamaran to view the glacier from the water.
- Day 5 – Visit the more remote Upsala Glacier, take a 4x4 to a lookout point, and enjoy lunch at Estancia Cristina.
- Day 6 – Soak up as much scenery as possible on your last morning in Patagonia. Return to El Calafate for your flight home.
Day 1 - Arrival in Patagonia
Bundle up because today you're about to be introduced to the wild, rugged, and wonderful region of chilly Patagonia. Upon arrival in Punta Arenas you will be transferred through spectacular scenery to the world-famous Torres del Paine National Park, where you will settle in to your lodge.
Day 2 - Torres del Paine Activities
With dozens of half-day and full-day excursions to choose from, you're free to customize your adventures in Torres del Paine however you desire. Spend the day taking short hikes to stunning lookout points to marvel at waterfalls, lakes, glaciers, and of course the unique peaks.
Day 3 - Torres del Paine to El Calafate
This is your final morning in Torres del Paine, so spend some time enjoying the view from the lodge. You will then journey across the border to the Argentine town of El Calafate for a relaxing evening at your hotel.
Day 4 - Perito Moreno Glacier Tour
Follow the shores of Lago Argentino until you reach the entrance of Perito Moreno National Park. You'll receive a brief orientation and then you are free to explore the footpaths overlooking and surrounding the Perito Moreno Glacier. In the afternoon, you will board a catamaran to view the glacier's majesty from water-level to better appreciate the sounds and movements of this living piece of ice.
Day 5 - Estancia Experience
Today you'll visit another, more remote glacier. Your adventure starts with a beautiful boat ride across the lake and up the Cristina Canal, giving you great views of the Upsala Glacier. Then travel in all-terrain vehicles across the steppe to a glacial lookout right above Upsala. Enjoy lunch at Estancia Cristina and learn about the life of a Patagonian gaucho on a tour of the on-site museum before returning to El Calafate.
Day 6 - Departure From Patagonia
Be sure to soak up the scenery as much as possible this morning – your last in Patagonia. After breakfast at your hotel, a guide will take you to the El Calafate airport for your flight home.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
6 Day Tour from $2,690 per person
- 2 nights at an all-inclusive Patagonia lodge with small-group excursions and transfers, and all meals included
- 3 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
5 Day Patagonia Estancia Tour
2 nights in El Calafate, 2 nights at a Patagonia estancia
Discover the wilderness of the Patagonian frontier with this five-day Patagonia Estancia Tour. You’ll spend two days in El Calafate, from where you’ll get to know the Perito Moreno Glacier from land and lake, then journey across Lago Argentino and up the Cristina Canal to view the breath-taking Upsala Glacier from above and below. The next two nights will be spent in the secluded Estancia Cristina – and here, you’ll have the option to trek, horse ride, or simply drink in the scenery of the Patagonian steppes.
7 Day Santiago to Easter Island Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 3 nights on Easter Island
This seven-day Santiago to Easter Island Tour takes you from the sophisticated capital to the mysterious islands, two of Chile’s most popular destinations. Enjoy modern-day city life interwoven with history in the capital, drink in the culture of Valparaiso, then head to Easter Island aka Rapa Nui in the Pacific Ocean for a chance to marvel at the Moai, the giant human forms carved from stone. A dip in the Pacific and a walk along the rim of a volcanic crater round off this fantastic opportunity to take in the cultural wonders of Chile and its islands.
12 Day Southern Circuit Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights at a Torres del Paine Lodge, 3 nights in El Calafate, 3 nights in Buenos Aires
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of Santiago and Buenos Aires, the Chilean seaside towns of Valparaiso and Viña del Mar, taking in their key sites, and discover the wonders of the Patagonian wilderness. You will visit not one but two breath-taking glaciers, and tour both the Perito Moreno National Park and the Torres del Paine National Park to complete your Patagonian experience, before heading home.
5 Day Torres del Paine Lodge Tour
4 nights at a luxury Torres del Paine lodge
Properly imbibe the magnificent scenery of Patagonia’s Torres del Paine National Park. This five-day Torres del Paine Lodge tour allows you to trek, tour and horseback ride during the day, but return to comfort and quality service at night. You can customize your excursions, but will certainly want to visit breath-taking Lago Grey and Glacier Grey, all the while looking out for Patagonian wildlife and learning about local flora. You’ll also have the option to enjoy a luxurious spa treatment to work away the aches in your muscles.