7 Day Galapagos Islands Isabella II Cruise Tour
Immerse into this seven-day tour along the Galapagos Archipelago, an ample opportunity to have an intimate encounter with breathtaking landscapes, pristine waters and unique species. On board the 40-guest luxurious cruise Isabella II Yacht, you’ll breeze into the impressive and natural scenario of remote islands and enjoy an exceptional wildlife experience. Scouting the island sites in groups that average no more than 14 guests per naturalist guide makes this Galapagos trip an incomparable adventure.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- An opportunity to have an intimate encounter with the Galapagos Islands in a world class expedition.
- Hikes along the natural beauty of scenic landscapes. Observe a myriad of flora and fauna such as booby birds and sea lions.
- Swim, snorkel or kayak in the azure blue waters of Champion Islet and the chance to be surrounded by a sea lion colony and schools of fish.
- Tour the exciting lava/boulder terrain of Punta Suarez to observe a vast array of natural life including colorful marine iguanas.
- Enjoy the stunning views of the Pitt Point shoreline along the north-eastern tip of San Cristóbal Island, a birdwatcher’s paradise.
- After snorkeling and swimming through the pristine waters brimful of marine life, enjoy the powder-like sandy beach of Cerro Brujo.
- Counting with just 20 guest cabins, the Yacht Isabella II offers you a personal and up-close experience of the remote islands.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 - International arrival to Quito, Ecuador
- Day 2 - Full day city tour of Ecuador’s vibrant capital city
- Day 3 - Fly from Quito to Baltra Island in the Galapagos, lunch in the highlands of Santa Cruz Island before embarking on Yacht Isabela II
- Day 4- Embark to Floreana Island where you'll witness American flamingos before swimming and snorkeling in the pristine waters of Champion Islet
- Day 5- Explore Española Island to discover exciting lava terrains, seabird colonies and Galapagos sea lions before relaxing in the unique turquoise waters
- Day 6- Head to San Cristobal Island to witness three species of boobies and an amazing view of the shoreline before a relaxing afternoon spent on the white sands of Cerro Brujo
- Day 7- End of the cruise and transfer to the airport for your flight to Quito
Day 1 - Arrival in Quito, Ecuador
Welcome to the city of Quito! Embraced by mountain peaks, the high Andean capital features some truly charming sights that are destined to make you stop and stare. Upon your arrival, a representative of SA Expeditions will greet you at the airport and get you settled into your hotel. The rest of the evening is yours to relax or perhaps roam around the amazing historical district.
Day 2 - Full day city tour of Quito
Get ready to experience one of the best-preserved historic cities founded in the 16th century. Explore the magnificent churches and plazas that bring together a perfect blend of artistic tradition and awe-inspiring architecture. After you’re done scouting the old town, a UNESCO Heritage Site, you may want to delve into Quito’s culinary scene and enjoy some of the finest Ecuadorian dishes.
Day 3 - Quito to the Galapagos Islands
It’s time to fly to Baltra Island in the Galápagos! Upon arrival you will be taken to a restaurant in the highlands of Santa Cruz Island to enjoy lunch, and then continue to Puerto Ayora. A picturesque drive will take you to the Charles Darwin Research Station and the giant tortoise pens where you’ll get a glimpse of an impressive giant prickly-pear cactus forest home to many land birds. Enjoy a pleasant stroll along the main street of Puerto Ayora before embarking on the Isabella II Yacht. The Captain’s welcome cocktail and an appetizing dinner await you.
Day 4 - Explore Floreana Island
Start with a hike at Post Office Bay and meet the historic barrel that has served as an informal post office in the archipelago for over two centuries. At the charming and colored coastline of Cormorant Point, discover a brackish water lagoon that is home to bird species like stilts and American flamingos. Explore the other side of the island and enjoy the white-sand beach and site for green sea turtles. Snorkel in the waters of the lovely Champion Islet to see a vast array of marine life or ride in the panga or glass-bottom boat.
Day 5 - A bird's paradise at Punta Suarez (Española Island)
Take a morning walk along the exciting lava/boulder terrain of Punta Suarez and observe sea bird colonies, including the Galapagos albatross, boobies, swallow-tail gulls and the famous blowhole. Before you head on board for lunch, look for red-black-and-green marine iguanas. In the afternoon, you’ll set down at this pristine, white coral beach and prepare for a short walk to observe Galapagos sea lions up close or just relax at the beach. The turquoise color of the waters will urge you to swim, snorkel or kayak around the area.
Day 6 - Discover the amazing fauna of Pitt Point and Cerro Brujo (San Cristóbal Island)
Begin your day by seeing frigate birds, storm petrels and all three types of booby birds on Pitt Point, the north-eastern tip of San Cristóbal island. As you follow the trail that ascends from the beach you’ll enjoy the stunning views of the shoreline. If conditions are favourable, you can opt to swim, snorkel, hop onto the panga for a ride along the coast or explore the waters by kayak. In the afternoon, you’ll set out on a panga ride along the shores of tuff-stone layers which will take you to Cerro Brujo, a white coral beach that is home to countless species of flora and fauna. Walk along the sandy beach and enjoy the stunning views from cliffs and from shore to see an array of marine birds and playful sea lions.
Day 7 - Return to Quito and international departure
Your cruise ends with a transfer to the airport for your flight to Quito on the mainland. From there you will connect to your international flight home.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
7 Day Tour from $5,180 per person
- 2 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Galapagos Cruise)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Galapagos Cruise)
- 4 nights aboard a Galapagos cruise
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Naturalist guide and crew support
- Daily excursions to the Galapagos Islands
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
10 Day Galapagos Islands Legend Cruise Tour
2 nights in Quito, 7 nights on Galapagos cruise
Enjoy a smooth ride to the furthest corners of the Galapagos Islands on the Legend, a 100-person vessel perfect for large groups and families. Some 600 miles from mainland, enjoy a ride so steady that you can rest up each night for days full of adventure. Whether your time is spent kayaking, snorkeling or hiking, each serves as an opportunity to tour the area’s natural array of flora and fauna, including the famed giant tortoise. This Galapagos cruise is the ideal length of time and most efficient way to immerse yourself in the natural diversity of these Pacific Islands.
7 Day Galapagos Islands Santa Cruz Cruise Tour
2 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise
Some of the most volcanically active Galapagos Islands can be viewed on this modern and luxurious seven-day trip aboard the sophisticated Santa Cruz II vessel. The boat’s numerous areas for socializing and activities can nearly compete with the varied landscapes lush with flora and fauna that have evolved upon this archipelago. A tour complete with snorkeling, beach walks and cultural tours prove that these islands are so much more than just giant tortoises - though we’ll see plenty of those, too!
6 Day Galapagos Islands Ocean Spray Cruise Tour
2 nights in Quito, 3 nights on Galapagos cruise
In less than one week, this Galapagos tour gives you an efficient and up close look at the diverse wildlife that the archipelago is famous for. You and fifteen other passengers will cruise hundreds of miles from Ecuador’s Pacific coast to visit the remote islands surrounded by clear, inviting waters and home to unique flora and fauna. Navigated by the smooth-riding Ocean Spray catamaran, this is a trip rich in nature as well as modern comfort.
7 Day Galapagos Islands Cormorant Cruise Tour
2 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise
Spend seven magical days cruising the Galapagos Islands aboard the luxurious Cormorant. Relax in the on-deck jacuzzi or enjoy the ample sun deck while exploring the scenic islands teeming with natural wonder. A dedicated crew aboard will make sure you have the best Galapagos experience. Hike across marvelous landscapes and snorkel crystal waters that house thousands of fish, sea turtles and sea lions. A seven day voyage that will let you connect with the wonders of nature and discover the singular beauty of secluded scenarios awaits.