7 Day Galapagos Islands Santa Cruz Cruise Tour
Some of the most volcanically active Galapagos Islands can be viewed on this modern and luxurious seven-day trip aboard the sophisticated Santa Cruz II vessel. The boat’s numerous areas for socializing and activities can nearly compete with the varied landscapes lush with flora and fauna that have evolved upon this archipelago. A tour complete with snorkeling, beach walks and cultural tours prove that these islands are so much more than just giant tortoises - though we’ll see plenty of those, too!
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Visit Charles Darwin Research Center to get a first-hand look at how the famed giant tortoises are being protected.
- Prior to cruise, a full day dedicated to getting to know Quito, Ecuador. This capital city has both metropolitan as well as traditional touches.
- Snorkel around Isabela Island, the largest and most volcanically active of the Galapagos Islands.
- It may be difficult to imagine, but after a visit to Fernandina Island you’ll have witnessed iguanas and penguins inhabiting the same environment.
- Free afternoon to choose activities from walks along the beach to kayaking the Pacific Ocean; all according to your desired pace.
- Take in the unique shoreline of Cormorant Bay which sparkles green thanks to the high level of olivine crystals.
- Witness a booming population of land iguanas crawl across the desert-like landscape of the aptly named Dragon Hill
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 - International arrival to Quito, Ecuador where you can select to spend the night in a hotel located in the historical center or in a modern district.
- Day 2 - Full day city tour of the vibrant Andean capital, with opportunities to walk, shop and eat your way through Quito
- Day 3 - Begin Galapagos cruise and settle in to your private room on the Santa Cruz II
- Day 4 - Explore rocky cliffs at Dragon Hill, home to a booming iguana population
- Day 5 - Full day at Santa Cruz island, for a cultural exploration and up close look at giant tortoises
- Day 6 - Snorkel with marine life and over volcanic rock before admiring the green sand of Cormorant Point
- Day 7 - Dock at Santa Cruz and prepare for return flight back to Quito
Day 1 - Arrival to Quito, Ecuador
Welcome to Quito, the capital city of Ecuador! After a long flight, there’s nothing better than some rest and relaxation. A representative of SA Expeditions will pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel. With a historical center surrounded by modern districts, you can choose the setting for your night’s stay in the capital city.
Day 2 - Full day city tour of Quito
Not far from ancient Inca ruins, this is a city that so well balances modern sophistication with traditional culture. Walk through picturesque plazas that remain decorated by 16th and 17th century churches, proudly preserved by the city. Modern buildings and culinary offerings are not far from these architectural gems of yore, nor are views of the Andean mountain peaks that sit in the background.
Day 3 - Board the Santa Cruz II
Take advantage of today right from the start and hop on a morning flight to the Galapagos Islands. You’ll arrive in Baltra and then take a short bus ride to board your elegant vessel, Santa Cruz II. Begin your island exploration along the north shores of Santa Cruz, where landscapes are as diverse as the fauna who call this area home. Rocky Dragon Hill is a marvelous opportunity to spot large land iguanas which, as you’ll notice when you get up close, do in fact look like miniature dragons. A walk past the brackish-water lagoon will allow the island to also show off a variety of bird species, including the American flamingo.
Day 4 - From active volcanoes to Galapagos Penguins
Isabela Island is the largest in the archipelago and one of the most volcanically active places in the world. There are many ways to explore this island’s unique geology, one of which is by snorkeling with the marine life that live on the border of these cliffs. Later in the day you’ll visit the youngest of the Galapagos Islands, Fernandina, where an abundance of Marine Iguanas and Galapagos Penguins can be observed.
Day 5 - Giant tortoises and the Charles Darwin Research Station
The Galapagos Islands are synonymous with giant tortoises, and today is your chance to see a variety of these captivating reptiles. A visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station on the Santa Cruz Island will demonstrate the conservation efforts that have been applied in order to protect one of the island’s most popular residents. Afterwards you’ll be free to choose from various activities including an afternoon stroll along the beach or the tortoise reserve, kayaking through the smooth waters, and more.
Day 6 - Post Office Bay and green sands of Cormorant Point
A morning trip to the historical Post Office Bay will give you the chance to spot the wildlife that inhabit the narrow channels of water. In the afternoon we’ll head to Champion Islet, an extinct shield volcano. Considered one of the best snorkeling spots in all of the archipelago, there is plenty of marine life for you to see as the current gently takes you on an underwater ride. Next we’ll explore Cormorant Point, notable for an array of plants as well as for its unique green sand thanks to olivine crystals.
Day 7 - Return to Quito, Ecuador
After a trip full of marine life and island hopping, it’s time to return to the mainland. After docking at Santa Cruz Island we’ll head to the Baltra airport to catch the return flight to Quito, Ecuador.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
7 Day Tour from $5,180 per person
- 2 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Galapagos Cruise)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Galapagos Cruise)
- 4 nights aboard a Galapagos cruise
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Naturalist guide and crew support
- Daily excursions to the Galapagos Islands
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
10 Day Galapagos Islands Legend Cruise Tour
2 nights in Quito, 7 nights on Galapagos cruise
Enjoy a smooth ride to the furthest corners of the Galapagos Islands on the Legend, a 100-person vessel perfect for large groups and families. Some 600 miles from mainland, enjoy a ride so steady that you can rest up each night for days full of adventure. Whether your time is spent kayaking, snorkeling or hiking, each serves as an opportunity to tour the area’s natural array of flora and fauna, including the famed giant tortoise. This Galapagos cruise is the ideal length of time and most efficient way to immerse yourself in the natural diversity of these Pacific Islands.
7 Day Galapagos Islands Isabella II Cruise Tour
2 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise
Immerse into this seven-day tour along the Galapagos Archipelago, an ample opportunity to have an intimate encounter with breathtaking landscapes, pristine waters and unique species. On board the 40-guest luxurious cruise Isabella II Yacht, you’ll breeze into the impressive and natural scenario of remote islands and enjoy an exceptional wildlife experience. Scouting the island sites in groups that average no more than 14 guests per naturalist guide makes this Galapagos trip an incomparable adventure.
6 Day Galapagos Islands Ocean Spray Cruise Tour
2 nights in Quito, 3 nights on Galapagos cruise
In less than one week, this Galapagos tour gives you an efficient and up close look at the diverse wildlife that the archipelago is famous for. You and fifteen other passengers will cruise hundreds of miles from Ecuador’s Pacific coast to visit the remote islands surrounded by clear, inviting waters and home to unique flora and fauna. Navigated by the smooth-riding Ocean Spray catamaran, this is a trip rich in nature as well as modern comfort.
7 Day Galapagos Islands Cormorant Cruise Tour
2 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise
Spend seven magical days cruising the Galapagos Islands aboard the luxurious Cormorant. Relax in the on-deck jacuzzi or enjoy the ample sun deck while exploring the scenic islands teeming with natural wonder. A dedicated crew aboard will make sure you have the best Galapagos experience. Hike across marvelous landscapes and snorkel crystal waters that house thousands of fish, sea turtles and sea lions. A seven day voyage that will let you connect with the wonders of nature and discover the singular beauty of secluded scenarios awaits.