7 Day Santiago to Easter Island Tour
This seven-day Santiago to Easter Island Tour takes you from the sophisticated capital to the mysterious islands, two of Chile’s most popular destinations. Enjoy modern-day city life interwoven with history in the capital, drink in the culture of Valparaiso, then head to Easter Island aka Rapa Nui in the Pacific Ocean for a chance to marvel at the Moai, the giant human forms carved from stone. A dip in the Pacific and a walk along the rim of a volcanic crater round off this fantastic opportunity to take in the cultural wonders of Chile and its islands.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Stay in comfort and luxury at leading hotels in both destinations.
- Get to know Santiago’s main attractions, including the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral and the Presidential Palace, on a guided half-day tour of the city.
- Visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colourful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Enjoy a full-day Easter Island Excursion with stops at Rano Raraku and Hotu Matu’a to see the famous Moai statues.
- Swim at Anakena Beach, enjoying the blue Pacific waters and the white coral sands, in the shadow of Moai statues.
- Visit the Rano Kau crater with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean. Walk around the rim to the ancient village of Orongo.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Welcome to Santiago. One of our representatives will greet you and transfer you to your hotel to settle in.
- Day 2 – Enjoy a half-day tour of Santiago, visiting the city centre, the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral and the Presidential Palace.
- Day 3 – Visit two of Chile’s most popular coastal cities – colourful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Day 4 – Fly to Easter Island, and, if there’s enough time, visit Ahu Akivi, where the Moai, the giant stone heads, look out to sea.
- Day 5 – Take a fascinating full-day excursion to visit ancient temples, the quarry of Rano Raraku, Anakena Beach and the burial site of Hotu Matu’a.
- Day 6 – Visit the Rano Kau crater with views of the Pacific Ocean. Walk around the crater to the ancient village of Orongo.
- Day 7 – Return to Santiago for your flight home.
Day 1 – Welcome to Santiago
Welcome to Santiago de Chile! Upon arrival, one of our representatives will greet you and transfer you to your hotel to settle in.
Day 2 – Private Half Day Santiago City Tour
After breakfast at your hotel you’ll enjoy a tour of Santiago. You’ll visit the city’s historic center where you’ll find the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral, and the Presidential Palace. You will also have the chance to view the city from the top of Cerro San Cristobal. The afternoon is yours to enjoy at your leisure, shopping, eating and exploring to your heart’s content.
Day 3 – Private Full Day Valparaiso & Viña del Mar Tour
Today you’ll visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar. Valparaiso is a vibrant, colorful collection of hillside houses overlooking the bay. Here you’ll visit the one-time summer house (now a museum of Pablo Neruda), one of Chile’s most prolific poets. You’ll then continue to the tranquil Viña del Mar, a popular beachside retreat for the Santiago elite.
Day 4 – Easter Island Excursion
In the morning, you will be transferred to the Santiago airport for your flight to Easter Island. Upon arrival, you will be greeted and transferred to your hotel. If time permits, you may visit Ahu Akivi, which is the only site at which the Moai, the giant sculpted human forms for which the island is famous, look out over the ocean.
Day 5 – Easter Island Excursion
Today you’ll enjoy a full-day excursion to the eastern part of the island to visit ancient temples, the quarry of Rano Raraku, and Anakena Beach, where you can swim in the sea. The sites have a total of 20 fallen Moai statues and one is said to be the burial site of the island’s first ruler, Hotu Matu’a.
Day 6 – Easter Island Excursion
Today you’ll visit the Rano Kau crater with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and the interior of the volcano. You will get to walk around the rim until reaching Orongo, the ancient ceremonial village where the Tangata Manu (birdman) competition was performed.
Day 7 – Easter Island to Santiago
Today you will be transferred to the Easter Island airport for your flight to Santiago where you will connect independently to your international departure.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
7 Day Tour from $2,590 per person
- 3 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- 3 nights at a Easter Island lodge with daily excursions and transfers included
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Easter Island)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Easter Island)
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
7 Day Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 3 nights in San Pedro de Atacama
Experience the excitement of Chilean city life, then immerse yourself in the country’s natural wonders with this seven-day Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama Tour. You’ll explore Chile’s cosmopolitan capital, Santiago before enjoying a day in two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Vina del Mar. Then head to the bewitching desert landscapes of San Pedro de Atacama, where you will visit astonishing sights including the Moon Valley, the Altiplanic Lagoons, Los Flamencos National Reserve, the Atacama Salt Flats and the Tatio Geysers.
10 Day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama Tour
1 nights in La Paz, 2 nights in an Airstream Camper on Salt Flats, 3 nights in San Pedro de Atacama, 3 nights in Santiago
If breath-taking, arid expanses excite you then this 10-day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama tour is just the ticket. You will tour the expansive and otherworldly Uyuni Flats in Bolivia in a fully serviced luxury Airstream camper with private staff, then head South to the Atacama Desert, to explore thermal springs and Moon-like landscapes. Finally, you’ll spend three nights in Santiago, the Chilean capital, taking in the sophisticated delights of this cosmopolitan city and its surroundings.
12 Day Southern Circuit Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights at a Torres del Paine Lodge, 3 nights in El Calafate, 3 nights in Buenos Aires
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of Santiago and Buenos Aires, the Chilean seaside towns of Valparaiso and Viña del Mar, taking in their key sites, and discover the wonders of the Patagonian wilderness. You will visit not one but two breath-taking glaciers, and tour both the Perito Moreno National Park and the Torres del Paine National Park to complete your Patagonian experience, before heading home.
11 Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights in Punta Arenas, 5 nights aboard the Ocean Nova Ship
Head from Chile’s cosmopolitan capital to the remotest destination on Earth on this 11-Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour. Spend three nights in exciting Santiago visiting the key city sites and popular neighboring coastal towns before flying as far South as is commercially possible and boarding a luxury ship for your five-night Antarctic exploration. You’ll see polar wildlife, breath-taking scenery and exhilarating ocean views, with daily excursions onto the ice, on this incredible adventure. Because this tour flies in an out of King George Island, you’ll spend five full days navigating Antarctic waters.