7 Day Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama Tour
Experience the excitement of Chilean city life, then immerse yourself in the country’s natural wonders with this seven-day Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama Tour. You’ll explore Chile’s cosmopolitan capital, Santiago before enjoying a day in two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Vina del Mar. Then head to the bewitching desert landscapes of San Pedro de Atacama, where you will visit astonishing sights including the Moon Valley, the Altiplanic Lagoons, Los Flamencos National Reserve, the Atacama Salt Flats and the Tatio Geysers.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Stay in comfort and luxury at leading hotels in both destinations.
- Get to know Santiago’s main attractions, including the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral and the Presidential Palace, on a guided half-day tour of the city.
- Visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colourful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Watch the sun set over the Moon Valley’s lunar-like landscape of rock and salt formations.
- Take a tour to the Salar de Atacama, the largest salt field in Chile.
- See three types of Flamingo at Chaxa Lagoon in the National Flamingo Reserve.
- Float effortlessly in the extremely salty water of the Laguna Cejar.
- Visit the Tatio Geysers, and watch huge steam columns rising nearly 40 feet into the cool morning air. Take a dip if you’re up for it.
- Take another opportunity for a dip in the scenic warm water pools of the Puritama hot springs.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Welcome to Santiago. One of our representatives will greet you and transfer you to your hotel to settle in.
- Day 2 – Enjoy a half-day tour of Santiago, visiting the city centre, the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral and the Presidential Palace.
- Day 3 – Visit two of Chile’s most popular coastal cities – colourful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Day 4 – Fly to Calama, and transfer to your lodge in San Pedro de Atacama. Watch a gorgeous sunset over the Moon Valley.
- Day 5 – Head to the Salar de Atacama salt field. See three types of Flamingos at Chaxa Lagoon. Float in the salty waters of Laguna Cejar.
- Day 6 – An early start to the Tatio Geysers, where you will enjoy a picnic breakfast. In the afternoon, visit the Puritama hot springs.
- Day 7 – Transfer to Calama airport for your flight back to Santiago, where you will connect to your international departure.
Day 1 – Welcome to Santiago
Welcome to Santiago, Chile’s sophisticated capital. Upon arrival, one of our representatives will greet you and transfer you to your hotel to settle in.
Day 2 – Private Half Day Santiago City Tour
This morning, after breakfast at your hotel you’ll enjoy a tour of Santiago. You’ll visit the city’s historic center where you’ll find the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral, and the Presidential Palace. You will also have the chance to view the city from the top of Cerro San Cristobal. The afternoon is yours to enjoy at your leisure.
Day 3 – Private Full Day Valparaiso & Viña del Mar Tour
Today you’ll visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar. Valparaiso is a vibrant, colorful collection of hillside houses overlooking the bay. Here you’ll visit the eminently quirky summer house and now museum of Pablo Neruda, one of Chile’s most prolific poets. You’ll then continue to the tranquil Viña del Mar, a popular beach retreat for the Santiago elite.
Day 4 – Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama
Return to the Santiago airport this morning for your flight to Calama. On arrival, you will be transferred to your all-inclusive lodge in San Pedro de Atacama for your first taste of desert life. In the afternoon, you will set out on an excursion to the Moon Valley, named for its lunar-like landscape. Watch a gorgeous sunset over the unique rock and salt formations and colorful mountains.
Day 5 – San Pedro de Atacama
Today you will head out to the Salar de Atacama, the largest salt field in Chile. This rough, white lake of salt and minerals lies on top of an enormous underground lake. At Chaxa Lagoon, the National Flamingo Reserve, you’ll see three types of Flamingos, the James, the Andean and the Chilean. In the afternoon, you have the option of taking a visit to the Laguna Cejar, where you can relax in the water, floating effortlessly due to its large concentration of salt.
Day 6 – San Pedro de Atacama
Wake up before dawn to be driven to above 14,000 feet to visit the Tatio Geysers, a geothermal field created by nearby volcanoes. In the cool morning air, you will see huge steam columns rising to heights of nearly 40 feet. Brave visitors can take a dip but keep in mind that it’s around 17 degrees Fahrenheit outside. After your excursion, breakfast is served picnic style. On the way back, you will stop at a small village and likely observe vicuñas, vizcachas and a variety of birds. In the afternoon, head to the Puritama hot springs for a relaxing dip in these scenic warm water pools.
Day 7 – San Pedro de Atacama to Santiago
In the morning, you will be transferred to the Calama airport for your flight back to Santiago where you will connect independently to your international departure.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
7 Day Tour from $3,190 per person
- 3 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- 3 nights at an all-inclusive Atacama Chile lodge with small-group excursions and transfers, and all meals included
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Atacama Chile)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Atacama Chile)
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
10 Day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama Tour
1 nights in La Paz, 2 nights in an Airstream Camper on Salt Flats, 3 nights in San Pedro de Atacama, 3 nights in Santiago
If breath-taking, arid expanses excite you then this 10-day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama tour is just the ticket. You will tour the expansive and otherworldly Uyuni Flats in Bolivia in a fully serviced luxury Airstream camper with private staff, then head South to the Atacama Desert, to explore thermal springs and Moon-like landscapes. Finally, you’ll spend three nights in Santiago, the Chilean capital, taking in the sophisticated delights of this cosmopolitan city and its surroundings.
12 Day Southern Circuit Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights at a Torres del Paine Lodge, 3 nights in El Calafate, 3 nights in Buenos Aires
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of Santiago and Buenos Aires, the Chilean seaside towns of Valparaiso and Viña del Mar, taking in their key sites, and discover the wonders of the Patagonian wilderness. You will visit not one but two breath-taking glaciers, and tour both the Perito Moreno National Park and the Torres del Paine National Park to complete your Patagonian experience, before heading home.
11 Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights in Punta Arenas, 5 nights aboard the Ocean Nova Ship
Head from Chile’s cosmopolitan capital to the remotest destination on Earth on this 11-Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour. Spend three nights in exciting Santiago visiting the key city sites and popular neighboring coastal towns before flying as far South as is commercially possible and boarding a luxury ship for your five-night Antarctic exploration. You’ll see polar wildlife, breath-taking scenery and exhilarating ocean views, with daily excursions onto the ice, on this incredible adventure. Because this tour flies in an out of King George Island, you’ll spend five full days navigating Antarctic waters.
7 Day Santiago to Easter Island Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 3 nights on Easter Island
This seven-day Santiago to Easter Island Tour takes you from the sophisticated capital to the mysterious islands, two of Chile’s most popular destinations. Enjoy modern-day city life interwoven with history in the capital, drink in the culture of Valparaiso, then head to Easter Island aka Rapa Nui in the Pacific Ocean for a chance to marvel at the Moai, the giant human forms carved from stone. A dip in the Pacific and a walk along the rim of a volcanic crater round off this fantastic opportunity to take in the cultural wonders of Chile and its islands.