8 Day Active Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu Tour
This 8-day Sacred Valley tour is for people who like to get their blood pumping while seeing the glorious historical sights the Sacred Valley has to offer. You will travel by horseback to visit the remote indigenous community of Choquechaca. Learn about their ancient weaving traditions, enjoy a freshly prepared mountainside lunch, and explore the ruins of Pumamarca, before heading on to tour Machu Picchu and Cuzco in style.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- A journey into the mythical Incan heartland, the Sacred Valley.
- A private tour of the Sacred Valley’s highlights, including the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the ingenious salt pans at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo.
- A two-to-three-hour ascent into the remote village of Choquechaca, where you will be treated to a fresh mountain lunch.
- A further ascent to tour the fascinating and little-visited Inca ruins at Pumamarka.
- A scenic train ride along the Urubamba River and past magnificent Inca terraces.
- Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided private tour of this Incan citadel.
- A train ride through even more awe-inspiring scenery to the ancient ruins and current-day village of Ollantaytambo.
- A guided tour of the one-time Incan capital of Cuzco, with stops at the key sites of Sacsayhuaman, Koricancha and Cuzco's Cathedral.
- Time allowing, a tour of Lima’s key sites, including the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and the waterfront district of Miraflores before your flight.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Arrive in Lima, Peru. Enjoy a fine dinner and relax for the night, near to the airport to minimize transit time.
- Day 2 – Fly to Cuzco, then journey to the Sacred Valley, the heartland of the Incan Empire, where you can acclimatize for a day.
- Day 3 – Enjoy a guided tour of the Sacred Valley, including the agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt pans at Maras, and the ruins of Ollantaytambo.
- Day 4 – Trek to the remote village of Choquechaca and enjoy a fresh lunch with the locals. Then ascend further to the ruins of Pumamarka.
- Day 5 – Enjoy a scenic train ride to magical Machu Picchu. Get a headstart exploring, if you can’t wait to visit the citadel.
- Day 6 – Marvel at the wonders of Machu Picchu on a guided tour. You can also trek up Huayna Picchu for a bird’s eye view.
- Day 7 – Take a private half-day tour of Cuzco’s key sights, including Sacsayhuaman, Koricancha and Cuzco's Cathedral.
- Day 8 – Return to Lima and enjoy a tour of the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and the waterfront district of Miraflores.
Day 1 - Arrival in Lima, Peru
Today, you land in mythical Peru, and your adventure begins. On arrival, you will either be collected by one of our representatives and driven to your hotel, or, if you are staying at the Lima Airport Costa del Sol Ramada, you will only need to cross the road from the airport to check in to your night’s accommodation.
Day 2 - Travel into the Inca Heartland
A morning flight connects you to Cuzco, the heart of Andean Peru. You'll be collected by private transport and taken into the Sacred Valley, the fertile region that once fed the Inca Empire. This agricultural strip lies at a lower altitude than Cuzco, so you will have the opportunity to acclimatize in pristine Andean surroundings.
Day 3 - Private Sacred Valley Tour
Though it might be tempting to linger in luxury at your country estate hotel, today you'll be treated to a private tour of the Sacred Valley's highlights. You'll visit the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the ingenious salt pans at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo, against a backdrop of breath-taking scenery. These Inca creations are interspersed among rural farmland and traditional villages where you will see how Andean people still use ancient farming technologies today.
Day 4 - Private Choquechaca Full Day Tour
Today is set to get your blood pumping. You will be collected at 7am and driven to a remote trail head. From there you will continue on foot to begin your two-to-three-hour ascent into the remote village of Choquechaca. When you arrive, your exertions will be rewarded with a fresh mountain lunch and visit with the welcoming community. You will then continue down the mountain, stopping to tour the Inca ruins at Pumamarka.
Day 5 - Scenic Train Ride to Machu Picchu
A scenic train ride takes you along the Urubamba River and past Inca terraces. From your train window, you’ll enjoy panoramic landscapes on your way to the base of Machu Picchu, Peru’s ultimate tourist destination. You will have the afternoon at leisure to relax and enjoy your luxurious hotel. Or, if you can’t wait to visit the ruins, you can spend your afternoon getting a first taste of the splendor of Machu Picchu.
Day 6 - Private Machu Picchu Tour
Today is one for the bucket list. You will uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided tour of this Incan citadel. You'll visit the most important parts of the ruins to learn the mysteries of how were constructed. After the tour, you'll have time to further explore the ruins or just sit back and let the magic of Machu Picchu wash over you. You can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. When you’ve experienced all that Machu Picchu has to offer, you will take a train ride to Ollantaytambo, once again through awe-inspiring scenery. From Ollantaytambo, you will be transferred your Cuzco hotel.
Day 7 - Private Half Day Cuzco City Tour
On a guided tour of Cuzco, one-time capital of the Incan Empire, you'll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!), and Cuzco's Cathedral where you'll learn about the Cuzco school of art.
Day 8 - International Departure
All good things come to an end. On your last day, you will be collected from your hotel and driven to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. Depending on the time of your international flight out, you can opt to take a private tour of Lima's key sites. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and the picturesque waterfront district Miraflores.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
8 Day Tour from $2,990 per person
- 7 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance
- A full day hike mountain hike to Choquechaca village and gourmet picnic
- Roundtrip Vistadome train to Machu Picchu Pueblo and the bus to ruins with the company of your private guide to ensure a seamless journey
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
8 Day Amazon to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 2 nights in Amazon jungle lodge, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
Combine the biodiverse splendor of the Amazon basin with the wondrous Incan history of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. Explore the Amazon river tributaries and take a guided jungle walk to discover the exotic wildlife and plants, by foot and canoe. Then enjoy one of our Machu Picchu luxury tours, exploring the wonders of this Incan citadel with an experienced guide, before journeying through the Sacred Valley, Ollantaytambo and the one-time capital of the Incan Empire, Cuzco.
8 Day Peru Honeymoon Package
1 night in Lima, 3 nights Sacred Valley, 1 night in Machu Picchu Town, 2 nights in Cuzco
Welcome to your honeymoon. We’re delighted to be sharing the wonders of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley with you. You’ll begin your romantic exploration in the picturesque Sacred Valley. As this agricultural belt is a couple of thousand feet lower than the city of Cuzco, this helps with acclimatization. After exploring the Sacred Valley and indulging yourselves with a luxurious spa day, you'll continue in comfort to the awe-inspiring Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu, before returning to the charming Inca capital of Cuzco.
8 Day Uyuni to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in La Paz, 2 nights on the Uyuni Salt Flats, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
Combine the otherworldly landscapes of the Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia with a visit to Peru’s Sacred Valley that culminates in a visit to magical Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas. On this eight-day Uyuni to Machu Picchu tour, you will journey through the mind-bending salt flats in a luxury private 4x4 vehicle and sleep in a fully serviced luxury Airstream Camper. After visiting Cuzco, the old Inca capital you will venture into the heartland of the Incas where you will be treated to private tours of the key sites and accommodated in comfort.
6 Day Classic Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
This six-day Machu Picchu tour gives you ample opportunity to experience the Andean wonders of today and the Incan culture of yesteryear, while we take care of your every requirement and comfort. This route combines adventure with cultural exploration, taking you off the beaten track with visits to the authentic Andean communities who exist alongside ancient ruins. You’ll be surrounded by stunning mountains, lakes and valleys, all while staying in picturesque mountain lodges, and soaking up centuries of history and culture.