8 Day Amazon to Machu Picchu Tour
Combine the biodiverse splendor of the Amazon basin with the wondrous Incan history of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. Explore the Amazon river tributaries and take a guided jungle walk to discover the exotic wildlife and plants, by foot and canoe. Then enjoy one of our Machu Picchu luxury tours, exploring the wonders of this Incan citadel with an experienced guide, before journeying through the Sacred Valley, Ollantaytambo and the one-time capital of the Incan Empire, Cuzco.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- A canoe transfer to your luxury Amazon lodge – look out for jungle wildlife along the way.
- Visit an oxbow lake and a canopy viewing deck to see abundant Amazon wildlife in its natural habitat.
- Explore the fascinating Incan capital of Cuzco, both on your own and on a private guided tour to the sites of Sacsayhuaman, Koricancha, and Cuzco's Cathedral.
- Tour the key sites of the Sacred Valley, with stops at the agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins of Ollantaytambo.
- Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas, on a private guided tour, with plenty of free time to soak up the magic.
- Take a scenic train journey through the Sacred Valley to picturesque Ollantaytambo ruins and village.
- Time allowing, take a fascinating tour of the key sites of Lima, Peru’s capital, including the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and the trendy waterfront district Miraflores.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Arrive in Lima, relax and enjoy a delicious meal, at your hotel near to the airport to minimize transit time.
- Day 2 – Depart for Puerto Maldonado, where you will be collected by canoe from the airport to begin your tour of natural wonders of the Amazon Rainforest.
- Day 3 – Navigate the shores of Sandoval, an oxbow lake, looking for black caimans, giant river otters, and innumerable species of birds and monkeys.
- Day 4 – Journey to Cuzco, and explore the one-time capital of the Incan Empire at your leisure.
- Day 5 – Enjoy a half-day private tour of the impressive sites of Cuzco, including stops at Sacsayhuaman, Koricancha, and Cuzco's Cathedral.
- Day 6 – Take in the glorious surroundings of the Sacred Valley, the agricultural heartland of the Incan empire, and its ancient Incan ruins.
- Day 7 – Marvel at the wonder of Machu Picchu on a private guided tour of the Incan citadel with an optional trek up Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins.
- Day 8 – Depart from Lima. Time allowing, enjoy a private tour of the city’s key sights, including the Larco Archaeological Museum and the San Francisco Monastery.
Day 1 - Arrival in Lima, Peru
Upon arrival to Lima, you will be greeted and driven to your selected hotel. If staying at the Lima airport Costa del Sol Ramada, you will only need to walk out the airport exit and across the street to your overnight accommodation.
Day 2 - Lima to Puerto Maldonado
From Lima you will depart for Puerto Maldonado, the Amazon Rainforest. At the airport you will be collected and taken via covered canoe to your Inkaterra jungle lodge (Reserva Amazonica for the luxury option or Hacienda Conception for the superior option) to begin your Amazon luxury tour. Along the way, keep your eyes open for the abundant exotic wildlife living along the banks. When you arrive at your lodge, you will have time to settle in before embarking on an exciting night excursion!
Day 3 - Oxbow Lake and Canopy Walkway
On your first morning in the Amazon, you will navigate the shores of Sandoval, an oxbow lake, looking for black caimans, giant river otters, and innumerable species of birds and monkeys. In the afternoon, you will ascend into an observation tower in the jungle canopy, from which you will be able to experience the life of the colourful macaws, parrots, and other jungle birds.
Day 4 - Puerto Maldonado to Cuzco
Today, you’ll make the leap from sea level to 11,500 feet as you travel from the jungle to Cuzco for the second part of your eight-day Amazon and Machu Picchu tour. The first day you will be free to relax and acclimatize to the altitude. If you're feeling up to it, the city center is pedestrian-friendly and makes for a great stroll. We’re happy to recommend the city's best options for dining and shopping, in line with your specific interests or requirements.
Day 5 - Private Half Day Cuzco City Tour
During your tour of fascinating Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, you'll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!), and Cuzco's Cathedral where you'll learn about the dazzling Cuzco school of art.
Day 6 - Private Sacred Valley Tour
Your tour of the breath-taking Sacred Valley will include visits to the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. Departing from Ollantaytambo, enjoy a scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Aguas Calientes where you will stay in a luxurious hotel, to prepare for your first sighting of Machu Picchu.
Day 7 - Private Machu Picchu Tour
Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided tour of this mystical Incan citadel. You'll visit the most important parts of the ruins to learn how and why they were constructed. After the tour, you'll have time to further explore the ruins or just sit back and enjoy the magic of Machu Picchu and its gorgeous surroundings. You can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. Departing from Machu Picchu town, enjoy a train ride to Ollantaytambo, where you will be met and transferred to your Cuzco hotel.
Day 8 - International Departure
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. (Optional recommended excursion) - Depending on the time of your international flight out a private tour of Lima's key sites can be arranged. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and the picturesque waterfront district Miraflores.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
8 Day Tour from $2,590 per person
- 5 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Amazon)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Amazon)
- 2 nights at an all-inclusive Amazon lodge with small-group excursions and transfers, and all meals included
- Roundtrip Vistadome train to Machu Picchu Pueblo and the bus to ruins with the company of your private guide to ensure a seamless journey
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
7 Day Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 2 nights Sacred Valley, 1 night in Machu Picchu Town, 2 nights in Cuzco
Delve into the wonders of the Sacred Valley, before exploring the ancient Incan citadel of Machu Picchu and then returning to Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire. You will start with an exploration of the Sacred Valley, which being a few thousand feet lower than the city of Cuzco, will help you acclimatize. After visiting the archeological sites of Moray, Maras and Ollantaytambo, you'll continue to the magical Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, where you will enjoy both guided tours and free time to explore. You’ll then make your way to Cuzco, with its fascinating mix of Spanish and Incan culture.
8 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 3 nights in Cuzco, 3 nights camping on the Inca Trail
Tackle the legendary Inca Trail for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to approach Machu Picchu through breathtaking mountain scenery, as the Incas themselves did many centuries ago. The classic four-day Inca Trail trek involves visits to all the trail’s famous sites, including the ruins at Runkurakay, Sayacmarca, Phuyupatamarca and Wiñay Wayna. Your equipment will be carried by experienced porters and you will sleep in tented luxury as you make your way to your ultimate destination of Machu Picchu, which you will view at sunrise through the Sun Gate.
8 Day Inca Trail Choquechaca to Machu Picchu Trek
1 night in Lima, 3 nights in Cuzco, 2 nights on the trail, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
The 8-Day Inca Trail Choquechaca to Machu Picchu Trek is a unique and authentic experience developed by SA Expeditions in conjunction with the people of the Choquechaca Valley who have become lifelong friends with our founder. You’ll trek through remote and pristine landscapes accompanied by the men who have lived there for millennia, camp in spectacular locations and visit your guides’ ancestral village and meet their families. What’s more, you’ll enjoy a guided tour of Machu Picchu and spend a few days exploring Cuzco and imbibing its intoxicating blend of Spanish and pre-Colombian history.
6 Day Classic Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
This six-day Machu Picchu tour gives you ample opportunity to experience the Andean wonders of today and the Incan culture of yesteryear, while we take care of your every requirement and comfort. This route combines adventure with cultural exploration, taking you off the beaten track with visits to the authentic Andean communities who exist alongside ancient ruins. You’ll be surrounded by stunning mountains, lakes and valleys, all while staying in picturesque mountain lodges, and soaking up centuries of history and culture.