8 Day Rio & Buenos Aires Tour
Discover the delights of two of South America’s most vibrant and soulful cities: Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro. This eight-day Rio and Buenos Aires Tour connects the two cities with a stop at the majestic Iguazu Falls, where you’ll spend two days exploring the natural wonders of the world’s largest waterfalls system. In Rio you’ll visit Christ the Redeemer and Sugarloaf Mountain, and in Buenos Aires, you’ll take in a city tour and an authentic tango, music and dinner evening.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Stay in comfort and luxury in the care of experienced guides in Rio de Janeiro, Iguazu and Buenos Aires.
- Take a tour up Corcovado Mountain to visit the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer, one of the new 7 Wonders of the World.
- Enjoy an informative tour of Rio’s downtown, passing the famous Sambodrome and Metropolitan Cathedral.
- Ascend picture-perfect Sugarloaf Mountain in a glass cable car and take in views of Guanabara Bay, Corcovado and the cityscape.
- Experience the Iguazu Falls from the Brazilian side, appreciating breathtaking vistas of the entire mile of waterfalls.
- Explore the Argentinian side of the Iguazu falls, with close-up views from pathways that hug the cascades.
- Visit the Devil’s Throat, the largest set of waterfalls in the park.
- Enjoy a fascinating city tour of Buenos Aires, taking in the famous sites of San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta and Puerto Madero.
- Discover Buenos Aires on your own with a free full-day to explore the city.
- Experience an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music and tango at your choice of an intimate show or a large Broadway-style production.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Welcome to Rio de Janeiro. Your guide will meet you and take you to your hotel, where you can settle in.
- Day 2 – Set off on a tour up the Corcovado Mountain to visit the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer.
- Day 3 – Enjoy a city tour of Rio’s downtown on your way to see breath-taking views of the city and sea from Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Day 4 – Marvel at panoramic views of the Iguazu Falls from walkways on the Brazilian side.
- Day 5 – Explore the Iguazu Falls from the Argentinian side, enjoying close-up views from the pathways that hug the falls.
- Day 6 – Discover Buenos Aires on a guided city tour with stops at San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta, Puerto Madero and the main plaza.
- Day 7 – The day is yours to explore Buenos Aires at your leisure. Then you’ll experience an authentic Porteño evening of dinner and tango.
- Day 8 – Transfer to the airport at your convenience for your international departure.
Day 1 - Arrival in Rio de Janeiro
Welcome to Rio de Janeiro. Your SA Expedition guide will meet you at the airport and take you to your hotel. Depending on your time of arrival, we can arrange an activity in the city for the afternoon or evening.
Day 2 - Private Half Day Corcovado Tour
After waking up in the beautiful and vibrant city of Rio de Janeiro, you'll set off on a tour up Corcovado Mountain to visit the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer. You'll ascend the mountain with your private guide and enjoy Rio's most famous landmark and one of the New 7 Wonders of the World up close.
Day 3 - Sugarloaf Mountain Tour
Get to know Rio a bit better by taking an informative tour though its downtown. You'll pass the famous Sambadrome and Metropolitan Cathedral on your way to Sugarloaf Mountain, another postcard perfect Rio landmark. To get to the top, you'll take an exciting two-stop ride in a glass cable car. From Sugarloaf's peak you'll have spectacular panoramic views of Guanabara Bay, Corcovado, and the cityscape.
Day 4 - Rio de Janeiro to Iguazu Falls & Tour
In the morning, you’ll transfer to the airport for your flight to Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil. Upon arrival you will be transferred to the Brazilian side of the falls, best known for encompassing vistas of the entire site. From the walkways you'll enjoy panoramic views of Iguazu's 275 falls. Altogether, the Iguazu Falls stretches an impressive mile across. After your Iguazu tour, you'll continue in private transportation to your comfortable hotel on the Argentine side of falls.
Day 5 - Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires
In the morning you'll head to the Argentinian National Park to see the stunning jungle scenery and rushing waterfalls from the Argentine perspective. This side allows up-close views from pathways that hug the falls. You'll visit Devil's Throat, the largest set of waterfalls in the park, and when your tour finishes, you'll be taken to the airport for your evening flight to Buenos Aires. Upon arrival you will transferred to your Buenos Aires hotel to rest.
Day 6 - Buenos Aires City Tour
After breakfast you'll head out on a Buenos Aires city tour during which you'll explore the districts of San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta, Puerto Madero, the city center, and the main plaza. The tour will end in the Recoleta Cemetery where you can stay explore on your own or continue back to the hotel.
Day 7 - Free Day with Dinner & Tango Show
Today is yours to explore Buenos Aires at your leisure. To shop for antiques in San Telmo, explore the city’s fantastic art galleries or even take a stroll in the delightful greenery of the Costanera Sur. The main districts in Buenos Aires are pedestrian friendly and the city's subways are efficient and easy to use. In the evening, you will be collected from your hotel and taken to one of Buenos Aires's best tango houses for an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music, and dancing. Choose either a small, intimate show or a large, Broadway-style production.
Day 8 - Depart Buenos Aires
At your convenience you'll be transferred to the airport for your international departure.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
8 Day Tour from $2,490 per person
- 7 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
6 Day Rio & Iguazu Falls Tour
3 nights in Rio de Janeiro, 2 nights in Iguazu
This irresistible 6 Day Rio & Iguazu Falls Tour showcases two of Brazil’s most exciting and spectacular destinations. You’ll take in the sights of vibrant Rio, with visits to Christ the Redeemer and Sugarloaf Mountain, then head to the largest waterfalls system in the world, the Iguazu Falls, on the border of Brazil and Argentina. Explore the falls from both sides of the border, for the best panoramic views and up-close-and-personal experience before heading home.
12 Day South America Highlights Tour
1 night in Lima, 2 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town, 3 nights in Buenos Aires, 1 night in Iguazu, 3 nights in Rio de Janeiro
On this 12-Day South America Highlights Tour, you’ll encounter three New Wonders of the World: Christ the Redeemer in Brazil, Iguazu Falls in Argentina and Machu Picchu in Peru. You’ll also visit Cuzco, Buenos Aires and the Sacred Valley, the beating heart of the Incan Empire. This tour balances fascinating excursions with free time at key destinations to explore at your leisure. And we’ll take care of you every step of the way and accommodate you in comfort and luxury for the duration.
6 Day Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls Tour
3 nights in Buenos Aires, 2 nights in Iguazu
Get to know cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, home of the tango, before experiencing wonders of a different kind at the Iguazu Falls, the largest waterfalls system in the world, on this six-day Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls Tour. You’ll take a guided tour of Argentina’s capital, with lots of free time to explore on your own, and of course, enjoy a Porteño evening of dinner, music and tango. And then you’ll head to the falls to appreciate them from both the Argentinian and the Brazilian sides.
12 Day Southern Circuit Tour
3 nights in Santiago, 2 nights at a Torres del Paine Lodge, 3 nights in El Calafate, 3 nights in Buenos Aires
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of Santiago and Buenos Aires, the Chilean seaside towns of Valparaiso and Viña del Mar, taking in their key sites, and discover the wonders of the Patagonian wilderness. You will visit not one but two breath-taking glaciers, and tour both the Perito Moreno National Park and the Torres del Paine National Park to complete your Patagonian experience, before heading home.