8 Day Uyuni to Machu Picchu Tour
Combine the otherworldly landscapes of the Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia with a visit to Peru’s Sacred Valley that culminates in a visit to magical Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas. On this eight-day Uyuni to Machu Picchu tour, you will journey through the mind-bending salt flats in a luxury private 4x4 vehicle and sleep in a fully serviced luxury Airstream Camper. After visiting Cuzco, the old Inca capital you will venture into the heartland of the Incas where you will be treated to private tours of the key sites and accommodated in comfort.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- A day to acclimatize to the altitude in La Paz, or take in a tour of the key sites of the colonial city center.
- A visit to the ghost-mining town of Pulacayo, to discover Bolivia’s fascinating industrial history.
- The private staff of your luxury Airstream Camper will cater to your every need as you journey through the Uyuni salt flats.
- A visit to the Tunupa Volcano and a 4x4 experience to hidden burial chambers of the Aymara culture.
- Incredible sunrises, sunsets and photo opportunities on the Uyuni salt flats.
- A walking tour of one of the fascinating ‘island’ microsystems that rise above the salt flats.
- Free time to explore the one-time Incan capital city of Cuzco at your leisure.
- A fascinating private tour of the Cuzco, including stops at Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples, and Cuzco's Cathedral.
- A journey through the Sacred Valley to marvel at the ancient agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines of Maras and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo.
- A scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Machu Picchu.
- A private guided tour of the awe-inspiring Incan ruins of Machu Picchu, with free time afterwards to explore at your leisure.
- A scenic train journey through the breath-taking scenery of the Sacred Valley to Ollantaytambo.
- If there’s time, take a tour of Lima’s key sites, including the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and the waterfront district Miraflores, before catching your flight out.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Arrive in La Paz, Bolivia, and take some free time to acclimatize to the altitude. A city tour can be arranged.
- Day 2 – Fly to Uyuni, then take in a private tour of the ghost mining town of Pulacayo before meeting the staff of your luxury Airstream Camper.
- Day 3 – Journey across the salt flats to visit the Tunupa volcano, the Aymara mummies’ burial chamber and the dry islands that rise above the salt flats.
- Day 4 – Journey to La Paz before flying to Cuzco, and exploring this pedestrian-friendly city at your leisure.
- Day 5 – A private tour of Cuzco, with stops at Sacsayhuaman, Koricancha, and Cuzco’s splendid cathedral.
- Day 6 – Journey through the breath-taking Sacred Valley to the terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins of Ollantaytambo.
- Day 7 – Discover the secrets of Machu Picchu, visiting the key sites and learning how the citadel was constructed.
- Day 8 – Depending on your schedule, take a tour of Lima’s San Francisco Monastery and the Larco Archaeological Museum, before departing.
Day 1 - Arrival in La Paz, Bolivia
Welcome to Bolivia! After gathering your luggage, you will be met by your private guide and escorted to your hotel to acclimatize after your flight and get ready for your eight-day Uyuni to Machu Picchu Tour. Optional additional excursion depending upon arrival time: Private La Paz City Tour – highlights include a visit to the colonial city center, Plaza Murilllo, Basilica of San Francisco and incredible lookout points over this Andean valley city at 12,000 feet.
Day 2 - La Paz to Uyuni Salt Flats
In the morning you will be transferred to the La Paz Airport for your flight to the town of Uyuni. After arrival, you will journey with your driver and private guide to the ghost mining town Pulacayo. By the early afternoon you will have arrived on the Salt Flats to meet your personal staff who will be seeing to your every need aboard your luxury Airstream Camper. The late afternoon and evening is spent exploring the salt flats, relaxing and taking in the otherworldly beauty of this incredible place.
Day 3 - Private Uyuni Salt Flats Experience
After a hearty breakfast, journey by 4x4 across the flats to the nearby Tunupa volcano to a set of caves that serve as a burial chamber for mummies of the Aymara culture from centuries ago. Your lunch will then be prepared by your personal staff, and you will visit one of the numerous island microsystems that rise above the salt flats. The evening is spent enjoying the sunset and a wonderful dinner.
Day 4 - Uyuni, Bolivia to Cuzco, Peru
In the morning, say farewell to your Airstream camper staff and travel back to the airport at Uyuni for your flight to La Paz. After a brief stop in La Paz, you will continue by air to the city of Cuzco, Peru. Cuzco is one of the most charming towns in all of South America, and extremely easy for visitors to navigate on foot. The late afternoon and evening is spent at your leisure, exploring wherever your interest takes you after day of traveling.
Day 5 - Private Half Day Cuzco City Tour
During your tour of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, you'll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!), and Cuzco's Cathedral where you'll learn about the Cuzco School of Art.
Day 6 - Private Sacred Valley Tour
Journey through the Sacred Valley to the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. Departing from Ollantaytambo, you will enjoy a scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Machu Picchu where you will stay in your hotel at Aguas Calientes.
Day 7 - Private Machu Picchu Tour
Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided tour of this Incan citadel. You'll visit the most important parts of the ruins to learn how and why they were constructed. After the tour, you can further explore the ruins or sit back and enjoy the magic of Machu Picchu. You can also choose to the hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. You’ll leave Machu Picchu town and enjoy a train ride to Ollantaytambo, where you will be collected and transferred to your Cuzco hotel.
Day 8 - International Departure
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. (Optional recommended excursion) - Depending on the time of your international flight out a private tour of Lima's key sites can be arranged. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and the picturesque waterfront district Miraflores.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
8 Day Tour from $4,790 per person
- 5 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- 2 nights in fully-serviced luxury Airstream Campers with exclusive access to sleep in remote areas of the Uyuni Salt Flats with your own personal chef
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance
- Roundtrip Vistadome train to Machu Picchu Pueblo and the bus to ruins with the company of your private guide to ensure a seamless journey
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
11 Day Uyuni and Andes Tour
2 nights in La Paz, 2 nights on the Uyuni Salt Flats, 2 nights in Lake Titicaca, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
Experience the best of the Andean highlands on this 11-day Uyuni and Andes Tour, travelling from Bolivia’s capital La Paz to the otherworldly Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia, then on to the beautiful Islands of Lake Titicaca in Peru. The expedition culminates with a trip to the awe-inspiring ruins at Machu Picchu, and a tour of the Sacred Valley, the spiritual and agricultural epicenter of the Incan Empire.
4 Day Uyuni Salt Flat Tour
1 night in La Paz, 2 nights on the Uyuni Salt Flats
Once a massive inland sea, the Uyuni Salt Flat is an otherworldly enigma with breathtaking views, majestic sunrises and sunsets and fascinating microclimates. Experience the highlights of this extraordinary area on this four-day Uyuni Salt Flats Tour in a luxury Airstream camper and 4x4, with private staff to cater and care for you, and a personal guide and driver to ensure that your every need is met.
10 Day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama Tour
1 nights in La Paz, 2 nights in an Airstream Camper on Salt Flats, 3 nights in San Pedro de Atacama, 3 nights in Santiago
If breath-taking, arid expanses excite you then this 10-day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama tour is just the ticket. You will tour the expansive and otherworldly Uyuni Flats in Bolivia in a fully serviced luxury Airstream camper with private staff, then head South to the Atacama Desert, to explore thermal springs and Moon-like landscapes. Finally, you’ll spend three nights in Santiago, the Chilean capital, taking in the sophisticated delights of this cosmopolitan city and its surroundings.
7 Day Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 2 nights Sacred Valley, 1 night in Machu Picchu Town, 2 nights in Cuzco
Delve into the wonders of the Sacred Valley, before exploring the ancient Incan citadel of Machu Picchu and then returning to Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire. You will start with an exploration of the Sacred Valley, which being a few thousand feet lower than the city of Cuzco, will help you acclimatize. After visiting the archeological sites of Moray, Maras and Ollantaytambo, you'll continue to the magical Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, where you will enjoy both guided tours and free time to explore. You’ll then make your way to Cuzco, with its fascinating mix of Spanish and Incan culture.