7 Day Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu
Delve into the wonders of the Sacred Valley, before exploring the ancient Incan citadel of Machu Picchu and then returning to Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire. You will start with an exploration of the Sacred Valley, which being a few thousand feet lower than the city of Cuzco, will help you acclimatize. After visiting the archeological sites of Moray, Maras and Ollantaytambo, you'll continue to the magical Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, where you will enjoy both guided tours and free time to explore. You’ll then make your way to Cuzco, with its fascinating mix of Spanish and Incan culture.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- A day to acclimatize in the Sacred Valley, ancient heartland of the Incan civilization. You will visit the town of Pisac, Incan ruins perched on the hillside above the valley, and enjoy all the luxurious amenities of your hotel.
- A private tour of the Sacred Valley. You will visit Moray, a circular terraced agricultural site, the Salinas salt pans, and the massive ruins at Ollantaytambo.
- A train ride through the Sacred Valley to Aguas Calientes, the closest town to Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas.
- A guided tour of the breath-taking Machu Picchu, to the most important and fascinating parts of the ruins, where you’ll learn how and why they were constructed.
- Free time to explore Machu Picchu on your own, to re-visit points of interest, to revel in the historical weight of the ruins and soak up the stunning views.
- A night at an exclusive hotel in Aguas Calientes, where you can once again take in the splendor of your surroundings.
- An opportunity to hike to the top of Huayna Picchu, overlooking the Machu Picchu citadel, for a bird’s eye view of the ruins.
- A private half-day tour of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, including stops at the immense ruin of Sacsayhuaman, the Incan temple of Koricancha, and Cuzco’s Cathedral to view its art and artefacts.
- The opportunity to take a private tour of Lima’s key sites, including the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima’s historical colonial squares, and the picturesque waterfront district of Miraflores.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Arrive in Lima, relax and enjoy a sumptuous meal at your hotel near to the airport to minimize transit times.
- Day 2 – Depart for historical Cuzco, and head into the breath-taking Sacred Valley where you can acclimatize to the altitude.
- Day 3 – Enjoy a tour of the agricultural wonders of the Sacred Valley, including Moray, the Salinas salt pans, and the village and ruins of Ollantaytambo.
- Day 4 – Discover Machu Picchu on a private guided tour, then explore at leisure or hike up hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird’s eye view.
- Day 5 – Return to Machu Picchu for a final exploration, catch a scenic train ride from Ollantaytambo to Cuzco.
- Day 6 – Explore the streets of Cuzco on a fascinating guided tour of the key sites, including at Sacsayhuaman, Koricancha, and Cuzco’s Cathedral.
- Day 7 – Return to Lima and, time allowing, visit the capital’s key historical sites, such as the Larco Archaeological Museum and the San Francisco Monastery.
Day 1 - Arrival in Lima, Peru
Welcome to Peru! Today is a transit day, and after a long flight you're probably looking forward to a nice meal and some relaxation. The Costa del Sol hotel is located right across the street from the airport and is the best choice for travelers connecting to Cuzco. But if you arrive to Lima in the early afternoon, you’ll have the time to make your way to a hotel in the picturesque waterfront district of Miraflores. If you go for this option, one of our representatives will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel.
Day 2 - Lima to the Sacred Valley
In the morning, you’ll board your flight to Cuzco. Your guide will meet you at the airport, and take you on a journey through the spectacular scenery of the Sacred Valley, the agricultural strip that supplied food to the Incan Empire. On the way to your hotel, you will visit the town of Pisac and the Inca ruins perched on the hillside above the valley. When you arrive, you can relax in the peaceful garden surroundings of your country hotel as you settle in and acclimatize to the altitude.
Day 3 - Private Sacred Valley Tour
Your guide will take you into the Sacred Valley, a land lost in time amid the mountains, to visit Moray, a circular terraced agricultural site, and the Salinas salt pans. In the afternoon, you'll explore Ollantaytambo with its massive Inca ruins and charming town, before returning to your picturesque hotel.
Day 4 - Private Machu Picchu Tour
This morning we will bring you to the Ollantaytambo train station for your journey to Aguas Calientes. This is it! The moment you’ve been waiting for. A bus will carry you to the gates to Machu Picchu. You will then have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu with a guided tour of the Incan citadel. Your guide will take you to the most important parts of the city, and reveal all that’s known about how the city was created. After the tour, you’ll have time to explore the ruins on your own, or sit back and enjoy the magic and tranquillity of Machu Picchu and the breath-taking scenery that stretches away from it. Spend the evening at your exclusive hotel, enjoying with another opportunity to drink in the stunning views.
Day 5 - Revisit Machu Picchu
It’s no stone unturned today, as you return to Machu Picchu to explore its far reaches. The more energetic members of the group can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird’s eye view of the ruins sprawling beneath them. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. In the afternoon, you’ll descend to Aguas Calientes to return to Ollantaytambo on the Vistadome train. We will meet you at the station and bring you back to your hotel in Cuzco by private car.
Day 6 - Private Half Day Cuzco City Tour
During your tour of Cuzco, once the capital of the Incan Empire, you’ll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!), and Cuzco’s Cathedral where you’ll learn about the Cuzco school of art.
Day 7 - International Departure
One of our representatives will collect you from your hotel and drive you to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. (Optional recommended excursion) - Depending on the time of your international flight, you can take the opportunity to squeeze in a private tour of Lima's key sites. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and Miraflores, a picturesque waterfront district.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
7 Day Tour from $2,790 per person
- 6 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance
- Roundtrip Vistadome train to Machu Picchu Pueblo and the bus to ruins with the company of your private guide to ensure a seamless journey
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
8 Day Peru Honeymoon Package
1 night in Lima, 3 nights Sacred Valley, 1 night in Machu Picchu Town, 2 nights in Cuzco
Welcome to your honeymoon. We’re delighted to be sharing the wonders of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley with you. You’ll begin your romantic exploration in the picturesque Sacred Valley. As this agricultural belt is a couple of thousand feet lower than the city of Cuzco, this helps with acclimatization. After exploring the Sacred Valley and indulging yourselves with a luxurious spa day, you'll continue in comfort to the awe-inspiring Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu, before returning to the charming Inca capital of Cuzco.
6 Day Luxury Machu Picchu & Sanctuary Lodge Tour
1 night in Lima, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
The Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the only Machu Picchu hotel that is literally on the ruins’ doorstep and you’ll be staying there. This 6-day private Machu Picchu tour meanders through Cuzco and the Sacred Valley before culminating in a privileged stay at the very entrance to the Lost City of the Incas. You’ll explore enigmatic Inca ruins and fascinating colonial cities with an expert private guide and be immersed in the captivating Andean way of life which has remained unchanged for centuries. Plus you’ll travel in comfort, stay in luxury Belmond hotels and feast on Peru’s epicurean delights.
6 Day Classic Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
This six-day Machu Picchu tour gives you ample opportunity to experience the Andean wonders of today and the Incan culture of yesteryear, while we take care of your every requirement and comfort. This route combines adventure with cultural exploration, taking you off the beaten track with visits to the authentic Andean communities who exist alongside ancient ruins. You’ll be surrounded by stunning mountains, lakes and valleys, all while staying in picturesque mountain lodges, and soaking up centuries of history and culture.
8 Day Amazon to Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Lima, 2 nights in Amazon jungle lodge, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
Combine the biodiverse splendor of the Amazon basin with the wondrous Incan history of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. Explore the Amazon river tributaries and take a guided jungle walk to discover the exotic wildlife and plants, by foot and canoe. Then enjoy one of our Machu Picchu luxury tours, exploring the wonders of this Incan citadel with an experienced guide, before journeying through the Sacred Valley, Ollantaytambo and the one-time capital of the Incan Empire, Cuzco.