8 Day Quito to Galapagos Tour
Take in the cultural highlights of Quito, including a visit to the fantastic Otavalo Market, on this eight-day Quito to Galapagos Tour. Then head to the famous Galapagos Islands to spend four nights on a boat, cruising the natural and geological highlights of the archipelago. You’ll catch sight of land iguanas, walk among nesting Boobies and explore lava tunnels and crater-like sink holes, all in the care of experienced guides and crew.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
See our preferred hotels for this itinerary by destination:
- Take a full-day tour of the famous Otavalo Market, shop for authentic Andean handicrafts and visit small villages and natural highlights along the way.
- Discover the Galapagos Islands on a four night cruise around the archipelago.
- Visit Dragon Hill to see the “dragons” of the Galapagos – the famous land iguanas.
- Journey to Rábida Island, to see sea lions, nesting Pelicans, Flamingos and Finches.
- Learn about the geology of the Galapagos Islands on the volcanic island of Sombrero Chino.
- Discover Genovesa Island – or Bird Island – where you will see an abundance of bird life, including Boobie colonies.
- Spend the afternoon at Darwin Bay among sea lions, Red-Footed and Masked Boobies, and Great Frigates.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the craters, volcanic cones and lava fields of the Galapagos Islands from an elevation of almost 400 feet on Bartolome Island.
- Explore the still-active volcanic island of Santiago, one of the best places for observing fur seals in the Galapagos.
- Visit the forested highlands of Santa Cruz, exploring sink holes and lava tunnels.
Trip At A Glance
- Day 1 – Arrive in Quito and settle in to your comfortable hotel for the night.
- Day 2 – Purchase authentic Andean handicrafts on a full-day tour of the Otavalo Market – with stops at small villages and natural wonders.
- Day 3 – Welcome to the Galapagos Islands. Board your cruise, then visit Dragon Hill for your first sighting of land iguanas.
- Day 4 – Visit Rábida Island to see sea lions, nesting Pelicans, Flamingos and Finches. Then visit Sombrero Chino for a geology lesson.
- Day 5 – Arrive at Genovesa Island or Bird Island. Spend the afternoon at Darwin Bay, watching sea lions, Red-Footed and Masked Boobies, and Great Frigates.
- Day 6 – Enjoy a morning at Bartolome Island, taking in breathtaking views, then explore Santiago, a still-active volcanic island.
- Day 7 – Explore the forested highlands of Santa Cruz, visiting lava tunnels and sink holes, before flying to Quito.
- Day 8 – After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your journey back home or, time allowing, further explore colonial Quito.
Day 1 - Arrival in Quito, Ecuador
Welcome to Quito, Ecuador. One of our representatives will meet you at the airport and take you to your Quito Hotel to settle in and prepare for your tour the following morning.
Day 2 - Otavalo Market Tour
After breakfast, you'll set off on a full-day tour to the famous Otavalo Market, the best place in Ecuador for authentic Andean handicrafts. En route, you'll make several stops at small villages and natural highlights, such as the stunning San Pablo Lake, before enjoying a guided tour of the market and plenty of personal time to peruse at your leisure.
Day 3 - Arrival in Santa Cruz, Galapagos
Your exploration of the Galapagos Islands begins! Upon arrival in Baltra, 600 miles off the coast, you will be met by your guide and taken on a short bus ride to the harbor to board your cruise. After lunch, you will set sail for Dragon Hill, famous for its impressive population of land iguanas.
Day 4 - Galapagos Cruise: Rábida Island
Alight on the red sands of Rábida Island, which is small but teeming with wildlife. Along the shore you can find sea lions and nesting Pelicans. A short inland trail takes you to a saltwater lagoon where you're likely to see Flamingos and Finches. Then, in the afternoon, you'll learn about Galapagos geology on the tiny but fascinating island of Sombrero Chino, which is capped by a relatively recent volcanic cone.
Day 5 - Galapagos Cruise: Genovesa Island
Discover Genovesa Island, often called Bird Island for its abundance of avian species. In the morning you'll ascend Prince Philip's Steps, a rocky inclined path surrounded by Boobie colonies. Spend the afternoon at Darwin Bay among Galapagos sea lions, Red-Footed and Masked Boobies, and Great Frigates.
Day 6 - Galapagos Cruise: Bartolome Island
Enjoy a morning at Bartolome Island. From here, at an elevation of almost 400 feet, you will have breathtaking views of the lunar-like craters, volcanic cones, lava fields and beaches of the Galapagos Islands. In the afternoon, explore the still-active volcanic island of Santiago, one of the best places for observing fur seals in the Galapagos.
Day 7 - Galapagos to Quito
During your last day in the Galapagos you'll explore the highlands of Santa Cruz where the scenery changes dramatically to lush forest. You'll have the opportunity to explore a lava tunnel and see enormous crater-like sink holes before heading to the airport for your flight to Quito.
Day 8 - Depart Quito
After breakfast you will be transferred to the airport for your journey back home. Depending on your international flight departure and your interests, we can arrange further explorations of colonial Quito and its surroundings.
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners. Our specialty is private, customizable travel experiences.
8 Day Tour from $4,790 per person
- 3 nights in our preferred properties hand selected for comfort, convenience and quality
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver (outside Galapagos Cruise)
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance (outside Galapagos Cruise)
- 4 nights aboard a Galapagos cruise
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Naturalist guide and crew support
- Daily excursions to the Galapagos Islands
- All required entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- 24hr support
- All taxes
10 Day Galapagos Islands & Amazon Tour
2 nights in Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise, 3 nights in an Amazon jungle lodge
Explore not one but two natural paradises with this 10-day Galapagos Islands & Amazon Tour. Spend four nights on a captivating Galapagos cruise, learning about the geology, animals, birds and ocean life of these fascinating islands. Then head to the gorgeous Amazon jungle for three days of adventure as you seek out caimans, piranhas, jungle birds and even the elusive dusky titi monkey. You’ll stay and cruise in luxury, while being looked after by experienced guides who will cater to your every whim.
11 Day Galapagos & Machu Picchu Tour
1 night in Guayaquil or Quito, 4 nights on Galapagos cruise, 1 night in Lima, 3 nights in Cuzco, 1 night in Machu Picchu town
This 11-day Galapagos and Machu Picchu tour allows you to experience the two leading destinations of South America in one seamless and comfortable tour. Explore the wildlife-paradise of the Galapagos Islands in a private luxury boat, visiting natural and geographical wonders. Then immerse yourself in the incredible Incan heartland of Peru, visiting Cuzco, the Sacred Valley, and the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu citadel – the lost city of the Incas.
10 Day Galapagos Island Hopping Tour
1 night in Quito/Guayaquil, 8 nights on Galapagos Islands
Experience the unique and abundant wildlife of the Galapagos Islands while staying in a variety of charming island lodges, giving you more flexibility and space to enjoy your stay. On this 10-day Galapagos Island Hopping Tour, you’ll explore the more remote corners of the region and visit a variety of islands, beaches and reserves, to view the abundant wildlife that the archipelago is famous for. And you’ll snorkel, walk, swim and relax in breathtaking scenery.
11 Day Ecuador & Galapagos Islands Tour
3 nights in Quito, 2 nights in Cuenca, 1 night in Guayaquil, 4 nights on a Galapagos cruise
Get the most out of Ecuador with this 11-Day Ecuador and Galapagos Islands Tour. You’ll wander Quito’s nearby Otavalo Market to shop for Andean Handicrafts, explore Cuenca, Ecuador’s most beautiful colonial gem and journey through the Cajas National Park on your way to Guayaquil. Then on to the Galapagos Islands where you’ll embark on a sublime four-night Galapagos cruise, taking in abundant land, bird and sea wildlife and learning about the fascinating geology of the archipelago.